Wow. Yep, my two way sync is gone again on both of my gmail accounts, even though I only added a test event on one of them when I noticed it was working.

If it was only me on my domain, I'd be tempted to pay for Microsoft's online Exchange service.

Posted via CB10
    Yea that seems to be another problem once u get two way sync it seems to lose it eventually.

Pay for Microsoft online exchange service? U mean Google? Cuz outlook.com is already working with active sync.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:08 AM
    Switched over to Hotmail... or Outlook.com as it's now called. Great UI on the main PC REALLY easy to import google calendar and contacts to Hotmail/Outlook and simple to forward all gmail to Hotmail/Outlook too, any future incoming gmail messages are automatically pushed to hotmail/outlook.... Took no time at all to set up my Nexus 4, my wife's Z10 and our home PCs.... have literally cut the chain of google from our necks.... everything working sweeeeet and we have not had to sacrifice our google accounts at all. Everything just gets imported. Over time we may fully cut the 'google chain', it's nice to have that option!!

HAPPY at last!
    02-24-13 04:58 AM
    Switched over to Hotmail... or Outlook.com as it's now called. Great UI on the main PC REALLY easy to import google calendar and contacts to Hotmail/Outlook and simple to forward all gmail to Hotmail/Outlook too, any future incoming gmail messages are automatically pushed to hotmail/outlook.... Took no time at all to set up my Nexus 4, my wife's Z10 and our home PCs.... have literally cut the chain of google from our necks.... everything working sweeeeet and we have not had to sacrifice our google accounts at all. Everything just gets imported. Over time we may fully cut the 'google chain', it's nice to have that option!!

HAPPY at last!
    Same here. Good result.
    02-24-13 05:03 AM
    I was just about to give up (I've even created an outlook.com account just for this calendar issue) but after 4 days (at precisly 00.00am french local time) the 2-way sync is finally working. Thanks a lot for this thread!
    02-24-13 06:05 PM

HAPPY at last!
    Seeing as my work use outlook.com along with family and friends, I'm looking at ditching Gmail too.
    I synced my outlook.com account and everything works seamlessly.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 06:55 PM
    @just_luc - thanks again for writing this up, but wanted to confirm that your Google CalDAV calendar that you setup is still working as two-way sync after it went through its paces or if you too have experienced it suddenly returning to a one-way read-only sync resulting in having to possibly look to deleting and adding again?
    02-24-13 10:18 PM
    @makaveli86 - I mentioned paying only because I'm using free Google Apps. If I was going to give in and pay with them, I'd probably look at alternatives first.

That would be an extreme reaction, though. Can't afford to pay for hosted services, really. I've got several others with email accounts on my domain. I may just try getting outlook.com to sync my email from that account.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 10:39 PM
    Well, my 2-way sync is gone after just a few hours. I guess it was just a short happiness after an endless wait. I'm done with Google and switching to outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:35 AM
    Are you able to add events to your google calendar from your Z10? Are you able to edit your google calendar events on your Z10?
    02-25-13 11:58 AM
    No and no.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 12:05 PM
    Are you able to add events to your google calendar from your Z10? Are you able to edit your google calendar events on your Z10?
    Yes to both questions. It's working perfectly on my Dev Alpha on Wi-Fi and my Google calendar gets updated instantly on calDEV.
    02-25-13 12:58 PM
    waiting for this is stupid and even being able to use ActiveSync with gmail calendar was bad... i just dumped my gmail calendar...

as open and great as Google seems to be, this was a bad call.

O well though, all my services are going to Outlook.com now. Transferred my google contacts and calendar to Outlook contacts and calendar. So easy to make the switch.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-25-13 02:57 PM
    yeah that seems to be a common issue once u wait long enough for the 2 way sync to work
    personally i have had this happen to me multiple times
    two way sync works, i create an event that does sync to google calendar and then shortly after making the event it disappears
    then after waiting a while two way sync returns
    i have yet to try not creating an even to see if two way sync remains (but thats defeating the purpose of two way sync...)

outlook.com works perfectly and instantly though
    multiple calendars works beautifully and sync is instant

right now i have calendars synced with outlook.com and then gmail/contacts thru google (since i still use my gmail and cant dump it completely)
    u could just sync everything if u wanted with outlook.com and forward gmail to it, or just leave the gmail IMAP email account and delete the calendar/contact accounts and sync those with outlook.com
    02-25-13 04:06 PM
    I hit this problem as well.
    Waited forever for Google 2way sync to start working...which it did about 72 hours in...for it to stop working again a day later.

If it doesn't come back today I'll migrate over to Outlook I guess.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:20 AM
    It showed up last night again and two say sync would have been possible but as a test I didn't create an event. Sure enough it is again gone. So creating an event doesn't seem to break it, it just breaks on its own

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:11 PM
    I agree. It seems that every night at 00:00 the 2-way sync is back and when I wake up it 's' gone again even if I haven't modify anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:28 PM
    I agree. It seems that every night at 00:00 the 2-way sync is back and when I wake up it 's' gone again even if I haven't modify anything.

Posted via CB10
    I'm having the same issue. It seems to come and go daily.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:32 PM
    It's a Google 'feature' to ensure you're awake.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 04:25 PM
    39 Thanks and still not a sticky ...
    Yup, it's a shame. Mine is finally working! Took almost a week for my 2 way sync to kick in but it's going strong now!
    02-26-13 04:37 PM
    GOOD NEWS

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...03-only-776309
    this leaked OS seems to have fixed this Google bs about calendar sync
    i just installed it and added gmail account normally thru email (not going thru the advanced menu and adding things separately) and much to my surprise the gmail calendar showed up instantly! Not just the main calendar... BOTH calendars showed up instantly!

//edit
    the newly added calendar in the "accounts" part of settings is named as GTalk while contacts and email both are named Gmail
    created two events to test from my z10 (one with each calendar) and they BOTH worked (verified online via laptop)
    Last edited by makaveli86; 02-26-13 at 11:08 PM.
    Stewartj1, torpesco and Natedogg14 like this.
    02-26-13 10:56 PM

I would press "Thanks" but the CB10 app doesn't seem to allow it???!!!

Posted via CB10
    It sure does! Hold your finger on the post in question until a menu bar is revealed along the river side of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:56 PM
    I just wonder if this problem affecting adding Gmail standard mail using activesync? Because every time I tried, it wasn't work by telling me the service no longer available although I just want to use activesync for email

Posted via CB10
    tdleon likes this.
    02-26-13 11:11 PM
    I just wonder if this problem affecting adding Gmail standard mail using activesync? Because every time I tried, it wasn't work by telling me the service no longer available although I just want to use activesync for email

Posted via CB10
    This is the reason for the whole problem Google removed active sync and the current official OS version doesn't work well

The leaked OS version thread that I linked seems to work fine now but ill know for sure over the next day or so since it seemed to break itself periodically on the old os version I had.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 01:16 AM
    Thanks for the info Makaveli86!

When you say both your calendars, what do you mean?. I had gmail calendar setup with 2 of 'my' calendars and 2 'shared' calendars. I thought only your primary would come through. I have since switched to outlook calendar and I get all 4 calendars perfectly.

Also, do you have a shared or paid 'apps' account? Have you tried sync select?

Thanks in advance!

GOOD NEWS

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...03-only-776309
    this leaked OS seems to have fixed this Google bs about calendar sync
    i just installed it and added gmail account normally thru email (not going thru the advanced menu and adding things separately) and much to my surprise the gmail calendar showed up instantly! Not just the main calendar... BOTH calendars showed up instantly!

//edit
    the newly added calendar in the "accounts" part of settings is named as GTalk while contacts and email both are named Gmail
    created two events to test from my z10 (one with each calendar) and they BOTH worked (verified online via laptop)
    02-27-13 09:57 AM
    Just to add a bit more info to this; you can use the below link to select which calendars show up on your device.

https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
    root2 likes this.
    02-27-13 01:43 PM
174 ... 4567