I do not have a gmail email account but i have a google calendar that i would like to synch with my z10---i log into my google calendar with my regular email account that is not gmail. So how would i configure to synch my calendar and contacts.
    02-22-13 02:09 PM
    I do not have a gmail email account but i have a google calendar that i would like to synch with my z10---i log into my google calendar with my regular email account that is not gmail. So how would i configure to synch my calendar and contacts.
    That's a unique situation we haven't encountered yet.. I would suggest using the second set of instructions in post 1 to add just the calendar entry (CalDAV) and substitute anywhere you see @gmail.com with your own email address.. let us know how you make out!
    02-22-13 02:13 PM
    I entered the info using Google as the server since your instructions i was no certain about the it seems there are two sets of instructions on what the server should be. So i assume i just wait now .....but what about my google contacts??? How do i sync them?
    02-22-13 03:06 PM
    I entered the info using Google as the server since your instructions i was no certain about the it seems there are two sets of instructions on what the server should be. So i assume i just wait now .....but what about my google contacts??? How do i sync them?
    If it accepted those credentials and added the calendar then I assume you'll be fine in a few days like most others.

You have google contacts, but you don't have gmail?
    02-22-13 03:09 PM
    I added CarDav for my contacts and it took. One of my calendar items has not started coming into the phone so that is a good start
    02-22-13 03:14 PM
    My contacts have started to come it also...Yea
    02-22-13 03:15 PM
    i am one of the few people who does not use gmail but uses google calendar and contacts. I can synch from Outlook to google/calendar/contacts and from there easily take these two things to numerous devices. but now does it synch the other way from the Blackberry to my Google calendar?
    02-22-13 03:38 PM
    i am one of the few people who does not use gmail but uses google calendar and contacts. I can synch from Outlook to google/calendar/contacts and from there easily take these two things to numerous devices. but now does it synch the other way from the Blackberry to my Google calendar?
    it should, after 48 to 72 hours.
    02-22-13 06:27 PM
    I caved, and forwarded my emails from GMail to Outlook.com. Exported my calendar and contacts. Now I have full 2 way sync and forwarded emails.

One day Google will stop forwarding emails.... at that time I'll notify all my contacts to use my Outlook.com address.
    02-22-13 07:04 PM
    which you set up when?
    from what ive read, seems that google was a bit slow in turning off Exchange active sync and ppl were able to do it up until Feb 5 or 6 or so (cut off was supposed to be Jan 31 i believe)
    or some ppl got it disable earlier than others

I have EAS setup on my iPhone right now and i am wondering if this same BS will happen if i delete it and try to add it again (since any new setup of it wont work anymore from what i understand, but current devices with it already setup will continue to work with EAS until it needs to be setup again?)
    I set up my Google account on 05 Feb.
    Google only cut off EAS for people signing up to Gmail after 31 Jan, if you have Google Apps or you had your free account before 31 Jan then you're fine to use EAS.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 09:45 PM
    I've had free EAS since forever on GMail, but it wouldn't let me set up with the z10. I think it's device specific. Don't delete your connection and try and set up again.
    02-22-13 09:55 PM
    I've had free EAS since forever on GMail, but it wouldn't let me set up with the z10. I think it's device specific. Don't delete your connection and try and set up again.
    I've deleted my Gmail account twice to date to fix sync issues, EAS works fine.
    Switching to my outlook.com address anyway.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:26 PM
    I've deleted my Gmail account twice to date to fix sync issues, EAS works fine.
    Switching to my outlook.com address anyway.
    You might need to generate an application specific password from Gmail if you're using 2-step verification.
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:28 PM
    I set up my Google account on 05 Feb.
    Google only cut off EAS for people signing up to Gmail after 31 Jan, if you have Google Apps or you had your free account before 31 Jan then you're fine to use EAS.

Posted via CB10
    That couldn't be more wrong..
    02-22-13 10:30 PM
    That couldn't be more wrong..
    I checked with Google.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 10:46 PM
    I checked with Google.

Posted via CB10
    And what did google say? That you had to have it active before they threw the switch?
    just_luc likes this.
    02-22-13 10:49 PM
    if its PER DEVICE that makes sense since you had EAS active on your z10 before they threw the switch to disable it for ppl (note how u said u added it on Feb5, and that is when ppl were reporting it working for some and not for others) so looks like u got lucky

if someone has an older iphone or blackberry using EAS an easy way to check would be to delete it and try to set it up again
    if it adds without issues then google allows older accounts that had EAS setup on other devices to keep access to EAS

once i transition over to the z10 completely (after i get my case) i plan on upgrading the OS on my iphone now that the new iOS is jailbreakable and can check at that time if it will let me set up exchange active sync again on it or not. Currently I, along with everyone else recently, gets a 403 error
    just_luc likes this.
    02-22-13 11:15 PM
    Just as I was about to send my Z10 back as a disaster, I discovered the Calender synch had started to work one way - laptop to Z10. Still won't work both ways but working around that by entering events onto Z10 via the browser. This seems to work well and hopefully RIM will get their act together over next few months. Contacts seem to work both ways. annoyed there is no google latitude or Glympse applications.
    02-23-13 09:22 AM
    I dug out my old iPhone 3GS, and added my Gmail account via EAS - it syncs perfectly and that's a device I've never used Gmail on before.
    When I said I 'set up Gmail' on my device, it's an account I've had since Google launched Gmail in the UK.
    Google told me they are switching off EAS for new accounts after 31 Jan unless it's a paid Apps account.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:51 AM
    I caved, and forwarded my emails from GMail to Outlook.com. Exported my calendar and contacts. Now I have full 2 way sync and forwarded emails.

One day Google will stop forwarding emails.... at that time I'll notify all my contacts to use my Outlook.com address.
    When will Google stop forwarding email?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:52 AM
    I thought adding my gmail calendar had failed again, but I must have checked a few minutes early. Finally have two way sync. 48h. That's an insane delay. Even a few minutes seems too long - I don't remember having any delay when setting it up on my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:10 PM
    So I'm not sure if anyone has had the issue where you followed these instructions (which are great btw), and waited and waited and finally got success with Google calendars being added to the device with 2-way sync, only to check a few hours later to find that you no longer have the 2-way sync available and the Google calendar has reverted back to one-way read-only sync?
    02-23-13 01:20 PM
    So I'm not sure if anyone has had the issue where you followed these instructions (which are great btw), and waited and waited and finally got success with Google calendars being added to the device with 2-way sync, only to check a few hours later to find that you no longer have the 2-way sync available and the Google calendar has reverted back to one-way read-only sync?
    I did and I thought I posted that but I guess It was in the other thread. This needs a sticky ASAP to centralize this discussion !

I had 2 way sync. Made an event. Checked on the computer and it was there. Then it automatically broke itself and two way sync was gone. So I left it. And about a day later it came back. Let me make one more event and then broke itself again.
    02-23-13 01:40 PM
    Been waiting for a long time and still no option for Gmail calendar entry.

I guess I will keep waiting. I think it's been over 48hrs since my calendar entries populated.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 03:16 PM
    Wow. Yep, my two way sync is gone again on both of my gmail accounts, even though I only added a test event on one of them when I noticed it was working.

If it was only me on my domain, I'd be tempted to pay for Microsoft's online Exchange service.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:04 PM
174 ... 34567