I am also having the same problem. Calendars are synced, yet new events created on my device are not updating to my gmail calendar. My calendar has been up and running for about 4 days now. Please help!
    When you add an entry.. is your gmail address an option in the drop down menu at the top?

02-19-13 02:16 PM
    Just_luc, I've went through everything. Gmail is my default but when I make a appointment its "Local " and doesn?t sync with Gmail. If I make an appt online it shows up on my Z10 though

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-19-13 02:17 PM
    No you can't see it in the drop down menu

02-19-13 02:19 PM
    My calendar list looks different. I only have the only option with my email account listed together with the local. Did I set something up wrong?

How To: sync your GMail calendar with BB10-img_00000056.jpg

EDIT: I will also mention that I have two gmail account calendars active yet it only gives me the one option to add events to, not a deal breaker as the other calendar is there just so I can see it. Regardless, the second calendar doesn't appear in the drop down list.
    Last edited by mr flash; 02-19-13 at 02:35 PM.
    02-19-13 02:23 PM
    Just_luc, I've went through everything. Gmail is my default but when I make a appointment its "Local " and doesn?t sync with Gmail. If I make an appt online it shows up on my Z10 though

No you can't see it in the drop down menu

Has your calendar been setup and syncing for more then 48 hours without being touched? You set it up more then 2 days ago.. you haven't removed it, or gone back into the accounts menu and tried to change the server, or the sync times or anything??

My calendar list looks different. I only have the only option with my email account listed together with the local. Did I set something up wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000056.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	136799

EDIT: I will also mention that I have two gmail account calendars active yet it only gives me the one option to add events to, not a deal breaker as the other calendar is there just so I can see it. Regardless, the second calendar doesn't appear in the drop down list.
    No, that's your local calendar.. it's just showing your bbID below it I beleive, they just happen to be one and the same.. but local is just that.. local.. it should be showing you the name you put in when you set up the CalDAV calendar.. probably Gmail.. so yours is not syncing properly.. and you say its been like this for 4 days?

In that case I would suggest you delete your gmail account.. go back to post 1 and start again.. you will probably have to wait 24 hours from the time you delete it before you can re-add it.. and then don't forget another 48 hours after that before you should see the gmail option when adding an entry.
    02-19-13 02:43 PM
    I haven't touched mine since I set it up Friday

02-19-13 02:48 PM
    I haven't touched mine since I set it up Friday

Same instructions as Mr_Flash then.. delete the gmail calendar.. wait 24 hours.. go back to post 1 and re-add it exactly as per the instructions.. wait another 48 hours and you SHOULD be good to go. It's working for everyone else, so either there was an error in the way you set it up.. or it wasn't working at the time you set it up.. but it should work if done properly now.
    02-19-13 02:51 PM
    Yes, I have done multiple tests yesterday/today and can't seem to get any added events to upload to my google calendar. I set up my calendar on Thursday of last week which is well beyond what everyone says you should wait for results. Maybe I just have to be patient. Strongly considering going Google Apps direction if I can't figure it out by the end of the week. $60 a year just to be able to update my calendar seems like a rip off, but after not having it for a week I am starting to think that it's a steal of a deal!

EDIT: sounds good, I will delete today, re add tomorrow, then report back this weekend!
    02-19-13 02:52 PM
    I just went thru this process and there was an option in there to choose the default invite calendar (originally it is set to local)
    Under accounts go set defaults and then under calendar choose the Gmail calendar
    Then when you add an event u can choose Gmail calendar

I am going to check soon if it syncs its been about 30 min since I added the Gmail account

Note I did not go through the calDAV setup process and my events are shown already I just need to get to a computer to see if my test event updated on Google or not
    02-19-13 03:56 PM
    First of all, as I said above.. if you are using a free Gmail account..
    Sorry for the OT but what is involved in obtaining a paid Gmail email account? I take it is just more than paying for extra storage?
    02-19-13 04:28 PM
    There is another answer. Open a hotmail account, add it to your phone and device then turn off sync for just the email and contacts use only the calender and you will have an active sync calender and your Gmail email address and contacts.
    02-19-13 04:29 PM
    Sorry for the OT but what is involved in obtaining a paid Gmail email account? I take it is just more than paying for extra storage?
    There's not really such a thing as a paid "gmail" account.. but you can use google apps for business, wich includes gmail service and the rest of the google suite of products for 5 dollars per month, or 50/year. However you also need to have your own domain.
    02-19-13 04:45 PM
    Should I delete all my Google accounts or just the calendar?

02-19-13 05:48 PM
    If you are referring to using a Hotmail calendar. Leave your Gmail intact and when you set up the Hotmail account on your phone. Set the sync email and sync contact switches to off. That will leave you with just the active exchange Hotmail calendar and your Gmail email and contacts

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 07:34 PM
    Microsoft mail and calendars work very well on the Os. It is Google playing dirty pool with the competition. They are taking a page from apples book. They have people using their Gmail accounts now they are tightening the net trying to restrain you to their platform.

Posted via CB10
    robkd likes this.
    02-19-13 07:43 PM
    Should I delete all my Google accounts or just the calendar?

If the other two services are working properly you can just delete the CalDAV entry.
    02-19-13 07:58 PM
    Been a few hours and my contacts have not yet synced lol. One way sync from google calendar to phone does seem to work though. The weird thing is those 3 entries (email, calendar and contacts) are in the list and if u go to edit them... The settings are the same as what was outlined in the op. So do I again have to go and manually input the caldav and cardav settings after 24 hrs?hmm
    //edit
    Nvm looks like once it's set up the first time I just have to wait it out for calendar stuff to start working.

Will contacts sync after this 24 hr period too?

//edit2
    deleted the contacts account and readded it manually and the contacts synced up instantly
    they did sync up before (took a few hours to kick start the sync i guess?) but they were doubles of everything...so deleting and readding carDAV manually fixed it

also had facebook and twitter contacts showing up in contacts
    figured out theres a setting in the settings to show them or not haha so i put all those to off
    Last edited by makaveli86; 02-19-13 at 11:38 PM.
    02-19-13 08:03 PM
    My contacts are synced with Google but occasionally a surname will disappear or change to one from another linked account (for that person). Wish there was a way to make the Google account the default for contacts (and make any edits stick).

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:15 PM
    Fingers crossed I have it all working now. Gmail email, contacts and calendar synced. Work email, contacts and calendar synced via ActiveSync and that can be updated and 2 way sync. Still to test the Gmail 2 way - one way is enough for now.
    02-19-13 09:17 PM
    Fingers crossed I have it all working now. Gmail email, contacts and calendar synced. Work email, contacts and calendar synced via ActiveSync and that can be updated and 2 way sync. Still to test the Gmail 2 way - one way is enough for now.
    Gmail 2-way works like a charm for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:19 PM
    I have an outlook.com account and just for ****s and giggles i tried adding it
    didnt even bother going thru advanced > active sync
    just added it as an email and it autodetecting active sync etc
    gave me the option to sync calendar, email, contacts, notes and tasks

seeing as how easy it was im tempted to just say **** it to gmail and auto forward al that to outlook.com (in a specific folder i guess) and just use outlook.com hahah
    robkd likes this.
    02-19-13 11:40 PM
    Been a few hours and my contacts have not yet synced lol. One way sync from google calendar to phone does seem to work though. The weird thing is those 3 entries (email, calendar and contacts) are in the list and if u go to edit them... The settings are the same as what was outlined in the op. So do I again have to go and manually input the caldav and cardav settings after 24 hrs?hmm
    //edit
    Nvm looks like once it's set up the first time I just have to wait it out for calendar stuff to start working.

Will contacts sync after this 24 hr period too?

//edit2
    deleted the contacts account and readded it manually and the contacts synced up instantly
    they did sync up before (took a few hours to kick start the sync i guess?) but they were doubles of everything...so deleting and readding carDAV manually fixed it

also had facebook and twitter contacts showing up in contacts
    figured out theres a setting in the settings to show them or not haha so i put all those to off
    Looks like you got it all sorted out on your own.. good stuff!

My contacts are synced with Google but occasionally a surname will disappear or change to one from another linked account (for that person). Wish there was a way to make the Google account the default for contacts (and make any edits stick).

Posted via CB10
    There isn't a way yet to specify which data has priority.. It does seem to allow facebook to overide the on device contact by default.. I would think this is because this way if your contact edits their info then it's updated on your device for you..

Patience young padiwan.. 2 way sync comes to those who wait.
    02-19-13 11:43 PM
    I've been on this for days so thanks for explaining this fully. If I didn't have a CRM that syncs my contacts with Gmail I'd go to Outlook.com in a heartbeat.
    02-20-13 12:00 AM
    I have an outlook.com account and just for ****s and giggles i tried adding it
    didnt even bother going thru advanced > active sync
    just added it as an email and it autodetecting active sync etc
    gave me the option to sync calendar, email, contacts, notes and tasks

seeing as how easy it was im tempted to just say **** it to gmail and auto forward al that to outlook.com (in a specific folder i guess) and just use outlook.com hahah
    I'm thinking the same... I use my outlook.com account for all my professional and work stuff and already forward my Gmail inbox too it.

Posted via CB10
    robkd likes this.
    02-20-13 12:34 AM
    Looks like you got it all sorted out on your own.. good stuff!

There isn't a way yet to specify which data has priority.. It does seem to allow facebook to overide the on device contact by default.. I would think this is because this way if your contact edits their info then it's updated on your device for you..

Patience young padiwan.. 2 way sync comes to those who wait.
    I'm inclined to agree that Facebook data gets priority. You'd think your email account data would as that's logical.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 12:36 AM
174 1234 ...