I have no need to sync Outlook to my Z10 but since a lot of people want to do it I did a quick Google and found thus.

Good luck!

How to sync Outlook information with Blackberry Z10 | Geek Squad
    RazzBerry and pinkert11 like this.
    02-09-13 06:35 PM
    Nice find, and thanks for sharing...
    02-09-13 07:00 PM
    Unfortunately, the outlook.com/windows live mail option is not that easy. Not for me or for our IT guy. Can't seem to get my contacts or calendar imported. Wish it were easy. I'm still trying even after I returned my Z10. If I can get it all to work, I may still upgrade from my Torch (again) but not before I'm guaranteed full synch with e-mail, contacts and calendar.
    02-11-13 04:07 PM
    Unfortunately all these methods do is bring your outlook.com info into the outlook pc client. It does not initiate a two way sync between the two. What I mean is that if I add a new appointment in my outlook pc client, that appointment is not added to my outlook.com side automatically. This is what people need.
    harryon likes this.
    02-11-13 04:25 PM
    Unfortunately all these methods do is bring your outlook.com info into the outlook pc client. It does not initiate a two way sync between the two. What I mean is that if I add a new appointment in my outlook pc client, that appointment is not added to my outlook.com side automatically. This is what people need.
    Syncing between Microsoft Outlook on your Windows PC and Windows Live / Outlook .com *is* supported directly by Microsoft with a free Outlook add-on. Please do a search on the Forums here or at least on Google. Instructions and details have already been posted.

Please don't spread FUD.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    remus2k likes this.
    02-11-13 04:34 PM
    Unfortunately, the outlook.com/windows live mail option is not that easy. Not for me or for our IT guy. Can't seem to get my contacts or calendar imported. Wish it were easy. I'm still trying even after I returned my Z10. If I can get it all to work, I may still upgrade from my Torch (again) but not before I'm guaranteed full synch with e-mail, contacts and calendar.
    Sync is definitely there. Import depends on whether you complete it. Transfer of *all* items from a local Outlook calendar to a synced Outlook calendar is easy:
    0. Backup your Outlook data in case anything goes wrong.
    1. Identify your local calendars and contacts sources in Outlook. Empty all items from the destination ("Synced") calendars and contact lists from your previously unsuccessful attempts, do you don't end up with duplicates.
    2. Pull up the source calendar in Outlook.
    3. Use the Views option on the menu or on the ribbon to get into "List" view.
    4. Select all items and copy.
    5. Pull up the destination synced calendar and switch to "List" view as above.
    6. Paste. All your calendar items should copy to your synced calendar.
    7. Repeat steps 2-7 for contacts.
    8. Sync away to your BlackBerry 10 device using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and enjoy your BlackBerry Z10.

Novaone likes this.
    02-11-13 04:47 PM
    Sorry, but this doesn't take into account any entries AFTER the initial sync happens. I know you CAN sync your current outlook stuff, but it's the automatic updating of NEW appointments and contacts that isn't happening. To the user that said to do a Google search on this, take a breath.

harryon likes this.
    02-11-13 05:36 PM
    Sorry, but this doesn't take into account any entries AFTER the initial sync happens. I know you CAN sync your current outlook stuff, but it's the automatic updating of NEW appointments and contacts that isn't happening. To the user that said to do a Google search on this, take a breath.

It appears that you've decided that it won't work for you and that's OK. Perhaps, someone else will try to help you. Other users might go take a breath as far as your replies go.

Good luck.
    Last edited by b320; 02-11-13 at 05:52 PM.
    02-11-13 05:42 PM
    It appears that you've decided that it won't work for you and that's OK. Perhaps, someone else will try to help you. Other users might go take a breath as far as your replies go.

Good luck.
    Alright man, listen. All I'm saying is the methods that have been outlined so far (from ones I've found, suggested, and tried myself) all end with the same conclusion: It is simple and possible to do a sync from OutlookPC to Outlook.com (done by first using outlook connector, then either doing a copy/paste from OutlookPC to outlook.com or by doing an import/export the same sort of way). This IS a great way to get your OutlookPC information into a cloud service (namely outlook.com).

That's pretty much where the Outlook Connector stops. It is an adequate tool to bring in your Outlook.com to be viewable/editable in OutlookPC. What it doesn't facilitate is a way to easily SYNC future additions in your OutlookPC to your cloud service. Performing a copy/paste or import/export after each time a new appointment or contact is added to my OutlookPC client so that that info is added to outlook.com, and then my Z10, isn't efficient or a good enough "work-around" in my opinion.
    Mikey_T likes this.
    02-11-13 07:10 PM
    Alright man, listen. All I'm saying is the methods that have been outlined so far (from ones I've found, suggested, and tried myself) all end with the same conclusion: It is simple and possible to do a sync from OutlookPC to Outlook.com (done by first using outlook connector, then either doing a copy/paste from OutlookPC to outlook.com or by doing an import/export the same sort of way). This IS a great way to get your OutlookPC information into a cloud service (namely outlook.com).

That's pretty much where the Outlook Connector stops. It is an adequate tool to bring in your Outlook.com to be viewable/editable in OutlookPC. What it doesn't facilitate is a way to easily SYNC future additions in your OutlookPC to your cloud service. Performing a copy/paste or import/export after each time a new appointment or contact is added to my OutlookPC client so that that info is added to outlook.com, and then my Z10, isn't efficient or a good enough "work-around" in my opinion.
    OK, yeah, if we can take down the rhetoric, then I guess we can get along.

I don't use Outlook Connector myself and I do know that Microsoft software can really suck. I certainly wasn't suggesting that you re-import each time manually. That would not be acceptable. I specifically suggested that as a solution for the other user (Rein1962) for *migration* as that's what he said was his main problem.

It can also really work well. If PC <> Outlook.com syncing is failing for you, then that's the problem. BlackBerry can't fix that.

That said, Outlook Connector is a supported tool and Microsoft is trying to drive the adoption of their cloud. You should be able to get it to work but you may have to consult Microsoft's forums and tech support resources. If it was an abandoned product, this would be different.

If you can't get it to work despite trying to fix Microsoft Outlook <> Outlook Connector <> Outlook.com issue, would you consider any of the following options:
    1. Upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2013, which provides built-in Outlook.com support. See: http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-...com-email.aspx
    2. Using Outlook.com web access as primary "desktop" client. Not as good as Outlook but provides most functionality efficiently with the benefit of being free and accessible from any computer.
    3. Switch to Google services instead of Microsoft.
    4. Use Office 365 or another service that provides direct access for Microsoft Outlook. They almost always cost money but some of them are very cheap. For example, Office 365 University, available to students, is about $80 for four years. Small business plans are reasonably cheap, around $100/user/year.

Again, my suggestion isn't that you switch cloud backend first but those might be worthwhile (and convenient) options over the free cloud solution if the sync is critical for the particular user. I do believe you can get Outlook Connector to work. It may take some trying.
    02-11-13 07:32 PM
    after you have copied your calendar and contacts to Outlook.com, you are supposed to stop using the local version and start adding appointment and new contacts to the Outlook.com folder in your MSOutlook. Then it will be synced properly. However you'll need to make sure that you create the new contact in the right folder, there is no sync option between the folders.
    b320 likes this.
    02-11-13 08:05 PM
    Thanks for your help guys. I'm not a Luddite, but this is way too much work for me. I'll stick with my Torch and my USB cable until there's a simpler solution. I don't know about android, but I understand that synching iPhone to Outlook is relatively painless. I just really don't want an iPhone. Sigh.
    02-11-13 11:07 PM
    This inability to Sync Desktop Outlook is really upsetting. The Cloud is not for everyone. There is only about a quarter of the features available on Outlook dot com . You are also limited to the amount of contacts to name one.. You cannot work offline on your pc. .... the list is long.
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-12-13 07:52 AM
    02-15-13 04:33 AM
    Still waiting on their DejaOffice app to be approved to make this happen, but yes, it is a (paid) solution that I will be trying.

For now, I have created a couple rules in Outlook so that my appointments automatically get forwarded to my Outlook.com address so that they wirelessly sync to my Z10. It's a decent workaround, but it removes the participants from the original meeting (since it's a forwarded message, it just comes fro my OutlookPC account, so I am the only participant to the meeting). For now though, it works.
    02-15-13 07:08 AM
    No offense to the poster of this link BUT.....
    I am tired of seeing this app thrown around. Who in their right mind is going to be $50 for an app? That is ridiculous!! Especially for somethiing that all BB's prior to the Z10 could do out of the box without an app
    02-15-13 09:12 AM
    No offense to the poster of this link BUT.....
    I am tired of seeing this app thrown around. Who in their right mind is going to be $50 for an app? That is ridiculous!! Especially for somethiing that all BB's prior to the Z10 could do out of the box without an app
    In fairness, this program can be installed on up to 3 machines (reducing the cost). It does suck that this was previously free, but BB has said that they will eventually add this support, so if you can wait, you can get it for free. Similar apps that do these functions on iOS and Android are roughly $15 ($5 for calendar, $10 for email), so if you split the $50 cost of CompanionLink by 3 users, it works out to roughly the same cost as what other platforms pay for this service.
    02-15-13 10:14 AM
    In fairness, this program can be installed on up to 3 machines (reducing the cost). It does suck that this was previously free, but BB has said that they will eventually add this support, so if you can wait, you can get it for free. Similar apps that do these functions on iOS and Android are roughly $15 ($5 for calendar, $10 for email), so if you split the $50 cost of CompanionLink by 3 users, it works out to roughly the same cost as what other platforms pay for this service.
    Well the problem to me is that it should cost nothing.
    I don't know if I am the average BB user or not but I am not willing to spend over $5 for any app. I did on once occasion and got ripped off. Ended up with a useless app that I could not get my money back on.
    02-15-13 10:53 AM
    I don't have a Z10 yet here in the states but I am using outlook.com to sync laptop with outlook, I-pad and I-phone. Appointments added to anyone of the 3 appear on all three. Shouldn't it work the same way on Z10?

I am not using it to sync e-mail however if that makes a difference, only apt and contacts.
    02-15-13 11:32 AM
    I don't have a Z10 yet here in the states but I am using outlook.com to sync laptop with outlook, I-pad and I-phone. Appointments added to anyone of the 3 appear on all three. Shouldn't it work the same way on Z10?

I am not using it to sync e-mail however if that makes a difference, only apt and contacts.
    I do the same thing on my Z10. It works fantastically.

The issue here is syncing for the desktop version of Outlook prior to the 2013 version.
    02-15-13 03:12 PM

Syncing works with outlook.com accounts from what I have read. The problem is syncing with Outlook software that is PC based only. (regardless of version)
    02-15-13 03:16 PM

Yes! It will work. BlackBerry 10 supports the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync that powers the syncing on iOS devices that you're already using.
    02-15-13 04:37 PM
    Syncing works with outlook.com accounts from what I have read. The problem is syncing with Outlook software that is PC based only. (regardless of version)
    I don't have a Microsoft exchange account. It is a simple home laptop with Outlook 10 installed.. When I set it up it to sync with hotmail (outlook.com) it had me install something called connector (it suggested and offered a link). I did and it connected to outlook.com and worked from there.
    b320 likes this.
    02-15-13 05:15 PM
    ... because one of the 32 other threads on this topic wasn't enough?
    02-15-13 07:17 PM
    ... because one of the 32 other threads on this topic wasn't enough?
    Maybe some of us were/are interested in this issue, the folk that raise the issue may well be new users who are having difficulty, just because you may find the subject tiresome or irrelevant doesn't negate others needs. If the moderators feel that this subject is valid then it is (Naviwilliams), all this comment does is make folk feel like they are silly to ask, we all need to learn.
    From user to master to Moderator.
    Mikey_T, jimpilot and crack_me_up like this.
    02-16-13 04:57 AM
48 12