Let me clarify - I am NOT asking how to stop the device from data-roaming. What I am asking is how to stop it from connecting to non-home networks altogether.

I am on WIND Mobile (I know its bad) and the phone constantly disconnects from WIND (because it can't find signal) and connects to foreign networks (Rogers, Bell, Telus).

I HAVE ALREADY TURNED OFF DATA-ROAMING AND THIS ISN'T THE PROBLEM.

I just want it to stop connecting to other networks altogether (even without using their data), and simply wait and try and re-connect to my home network (wind) when possible.

I am sick of turning the antenna on and off hoping it will stay on wind or no signal and NOT connect to another network.

Please and thanks!
    09-18-15 07:11 PM
    That's not really how your device was designed to work.. it's deisgned to connect to whatever network is available. The only way I can think of would be to turn your network selection mode in the settings>network to manual and choose WIND... or you know, the unlikely option of just ditching WIND since they don't seem to have the coverage.
    Mayor McCheese likes this.
    09-18-15 07:36 PM
    You need to read up on Wind. Wind shares with another network so if you lose your Wind network then it connects with the one available

Posted via CB10
    Mayor McCheese likes this.
    09-18-15 08:30 PM
    That's not really how your device was designed to work.. it's deisgned to connect to whatever network is available. The only way I can think of would be to turn your network selection mode in the settings>network to manual and choose WIND... or you know, the unlikely option of just ditching WIND since they don't seem to have the coverage.
    I have had manual selection on for a while now but that doesn't stop it.

Yea I'm considering leaving wind. I really want to support their cause but it's getting really ridiculous how bad the signal is in some areas.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:02 PM
    You need to read up on Wind. Wind shares with another network so if you lose your Wind network then it connects with the one available

Posted via CB10
    The phone will connect to any network it supports network bands for - not just networks that share winds bands. But that's beyond the point haha

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:03 PM
    No it isn't. Go read about their network coverage. This is why I didn't go to them as I'm with Bell

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:57 PM
    I don't understand everyone saying the phone will connect to whatever network is available. Theoretically, that's true, however your SIM card usually prevents domestic roaming unless allowed. If it's allowed on Wind, then the OP shouldn't care.

What am I missing here?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:36 PM
    I don't understand everyone saying the phone will connect to whatever network is available. Theoretically, that's true, however your SIM card usually prevents domestic roaming unless allowed. If it's allowed on Wind, then the OP shouldn't care.

What am I missing here?

Posted via CB10
    As it is a Rogers phone unlocked and then used on wind this is likely why.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:43 PM
    No it isn't. Go read about their network coverage. This is why I didn't go to them as I'm with Bell

Posted via CB10
    If the phones firmware enables it to support the frequencies required to operate on a given network, it will be able to connect to that network if the proper unlocking procedures are done. This is why my passport can connect to all of wind, bell, Telus, Rogers, and mobilicity.

Even if the networks share similar bands the phone still must support those bands and be carrier unlocked. I'm not saying you're wrong but how am I?

Rogers not showing but it's a Rogers phone.**

How to stop PassPort from connecting to roaming/foreign networks?-img_20150920_004547.png

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:53 PM
    Despite all the networks a phone can support, it will only latch on to a network that the operator allows (through provisioning on SIM).

In this part of the world, we only have unlocked SIM Free phones, and the phones only connect to the network that SIM allows. In case, there is not allowed network, the phone only allows emergency calls on the other networks.

OP, if your operator is allowing it, then in that case you should not have a cause to worry.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 01:22 AM
    As it is a Rogers phone unlocked and then used on wind this is likely why.

Posted via CB10
    The SIM dictates the network the phone uses. The phones does what the SIM tells it to.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:30 PM
    Despite all the networks a phone can support, it will only latch on to a network that the operator allows (through provisioning on SIM).

In this part of the world, we only have unlocked SIM Free phones, and the phones only connect to the network that SIM allows. In case, there is not allowed network, the phone only allows emergency calls on the other networks.

OP, if your operator is allowing it, then in that case you should not have a cause to worry.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I'm saying. His Wind SIM would prevent the roaming if it's not allowed.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:32 PM
    I understand the sim restricts it, but those other networks are showing as roaming options I believe.

The problem is not that it goes on data roaming, since we all know it can be turned off via settings.

The problem is it connects to other networks anyways and doesn't reconnect to wind when it actually is able to (which I must then manually rescan or turn off-then-on the antenna for a successful reconnection to wind)

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:59 PM