I read and type code and similar things with my BB Classic. It's great with the PKB, but : ) (Colon Parenthesis) is always displayed as ☺.
    I think the text isn't modified or replaced, it's just displayed like that.

I can't find any settings to disable it. Really getting annoying seeing yellow smiley faces in my code.

Thanks for your help!

JB
    Last edited by johnb_xp; 09-24-18 at 10:17 PM.
    09-24-18 10:03 PM
    Encode them, or use the characters entity name by w3 specification. Like <½>
    http://url-encode-decode.com/
    http://base64online.org/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-26-18 at 06:55 AM.
    09-25-18 01:25 PM
    I read and type code and similar things with my BB Classic. It's great with the PKB, but : ) (Colon Parenthesis) is always displayed as ☺.

I can't find any settings to disable it. Really getting annoying seeing yellow smiley faces in my code.

Thanks for your help!

JB
    Put an extra space before the colon and after the parenthesis. It will display normally.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-18 09:33 PM
    Put an extra space before the colon and after the parenthesis. It will display normally.

Posted via CB10
    That isn't always possible lol
    09-25-18 10:36 PM
    One of the biggest things Google did right with Android was the amount of customisation with the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 02:14 PM
    on the KeyOne it is in the settings. go to languages and keyboard, go into keyboard settings and select the BlackBerry keyboard (assuming that's the one you are using). next go to prediction and correction and find "predict emojis". disable it and the Emojis won't automatically be shown anymore. maybe it is similar on the classic?
    09-26-18 02:40 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

Not a keyboard issue, the : ) is displayed as an emoji but the text is the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-18 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

Not a keyboard issue, the : ) is displayed as an emoji but the text is the same.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't look like an emoji to me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-27-18 07:33 PM
    Doesn't look like an emoji to me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I added a space.
    How about now...

Edit: It seems CB10 doesn't do this.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-18 07:44 PM

Thanks for your help!

JB
    What app are you using to write your code? Does the problem only happen when you write your code with that app? Does the problem happen when using hub to draft and send emails or SMS? What about if you enter a colon then the parenthesis in the address bar of the browser?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    09-27-18 07:51 PM
    What app are you using to write your code? Does the problem only happen when you write your code with that app? Does the problem happen when using hub to draft and send emails or SMS? What about if you enter a colon then the parenthesis in the address bar of the browser?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I'm usually sending and receiving code to my colleagues via SMS, Blend and the Hub always makes a smiley face emoticon. Also :/ and similar combinations. Happens in other native apps, can't think of which ones off the top of my head tho.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-18 08:04 PM