For ages, I've experienced this bug where Hub keeps notifying me long after I've dealt with/deleted a new voicemail/missed call/text. Emails aren't affected by this bug. Refreshing hub doesn't stop the outdated notification.
    Sometimes the only way to stop it is to restart the phone, which isn't practical after every notification.
    How can I stop it?
    11-11-19 04:29 PM
    For ages, I've experienced this bug where Hub keeps notifying me long after I've dealt with/deleted a new voicemail/missed call/text. Emails aren't affected by this bug. Refreshing hub doesn't stop the outdated notification.
    Sometimes the only way to stop it is to restart the phone, which isn't practical after every notification.
    How can I stop it?
    Hmm, this definitely shouldn't be happening...

I'm afraid the only thing I can think of that should fix the issue is reflashing the OS by running an autoloader, or doing a security wipe.
    What device and OS version are you on BTW?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 09:18 PM
    darn
    11-13-19 07:37 AM
    darn
    Darn, what?

Can you tell us which device you have, and which OS version it's running?
    11-13-19 09:15 AM
    Darn I don't want to do another security wipe.
    I'm on OS Blackberry 10.3.3.2137.
    11-13-19 05:01 PM
    Darn I don't want to do another security wipe.
    I'm on OS Blackberry 10.3.3.2137.
    Are you saying you've done a wipe before but the issue has survived?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 06:40 PM
    Yes, I did a security wipe a long time ago for another reason.
    But I remember the nag happening back then, when I thought it temporary.
    11-13-19 07:40 PM
    Yes, I did a security wipe a long time ago for another reason.
    But I remember the nag happening back then, when I thought it temporary.
    I'd go with flashing an autoloader.
    You can use Link or DBBT to create a full backup on a Win10 machine, and then do a selective restore of the things you need back. Try to avoid restoring a full backup as this could potentially just restore the corruption you were initially attempting to exterminate.
    Or, alternatively you can also use Ultimate Backup (paid app) or Content Transfer to backup your data to an SD card, and then restore again afterwards. Both apps are available from BB World.
    If you haven't done a wipe in such a long time, I have a feeling you'll be amazed how much smoother everything is after a fresh start.

But of course totally up to you how you wish to proceed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 11-14-19 at 06:43 AM.
    11-13-19 08:46 PM
    Okay thanks, I'll think about it.
    11-14-19 09:13 AM
    Hmm, this definitely shouldn't be happening...

I'm afraid the only thing I can think of that should fix the issue is reflashing the OS by running an autoloader, or doing a security wipe.
    What device and OS version are you on BTW?

Posted via CB10
    No that doesn't work. I fixed mine by logging in to mobile account online and enabling/disabling the answer phone feature multiple times until it synchronised.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    11-15-19 09:42 AM
    No that doesn't work. I fixed mine by logging in to mobile account online and enabling/disabling the answer phone feature multiple times until it synchronised.

Cheers for helping! Is that a workaround or permanent fix for next time? How do you login to your mobile account to do those settings?
    11-15-19 10:12 AM
    Cheers for helping! Is that a workaround or permanent fix for next time? How do you login to your mobile account to do those settings?
    I am referring to your cell provider account. I logged in on a PC and found account settings. It will be different for each provider.

If you keep the answering service on, it's a long term temporary solution, it will de-synchronise eventually.

11-15-19 03:52 PM
    What carriers are you two on?
    I'm wondering if this issue can be tied to a certain carrier...if not, I'm still leaning on it being some kind of OS corruption.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-19 04:49 PM
    I'm on Tesco Mobile. I'll check this out tomorrow. Thanks!
    11-15-19 04:58 PM
    What carriers are you two on?
    I'm wondering if this issue can be tied to a certain carrier...if not, I'm still leaning on it being some kind of OS corruption.

Posted via CB10
    It's one of those BB10 mysteries. My own theory is that it is related to the difference between status driven logic. (all other phones) and event driven logic (QNX).

11-15-19 05:03 PM
    When you say that this fault can't be cleared by "refreshing the Hub", do you mean you have pressed the "..." and then "Refresh"?

There is also one more level of resetting the hub which is to "rebuild" it. To do this, swipe at 45 degrees from the top right hand corner five times. It will then rebuild itself in a few seconds and you might have cleared your nagging notifications.

For me, I have similar when I change time zone sometimes and the notification is doubled and not cleared and a rebuild gets rid of it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 01:47 AM
    When you say that this fault can't be cleared by "refreshing the Hub", do you mean you have pressed the "..." and then "Refresh"?

There is also one more level of resetting the hub which is to "rebuild" it. To do this, swipe at 45 degrees from the top right hand corner five times. It will then rebuild itself in a few seconds and you might have cleared your nagging notifications.

For me, I have similar when I change time zone sometimes and the notification is doubled and not cleared and a rebuild gets rid of it.

Posted via CB10

Yes. And that 5x 45degree swipe gesture looks cool! It reloaded the hub. I will definitely use that again if and when I receive outdated notifications again. Thanks for the workaround!
    11-16-19 07:13 AM
    You're welcome

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 07:27 AM
    Btw is there a list for Blackberry10/Classic somewhere that include more of these similar hidden shortcuts like this 5xswipe gesture?
    11-16-19 07:38 AM
    Btw is there a list for Blackberry10/Classic somewhere that include more of these similar hidden shortcuts like this 5xswipe gesture?
    This sub forum has some cool tips and tricks.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-tips-how-faq-f295/

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 08:26 AM
    Thank you!
    11-16-19 05:34 PM
    It's happening again but with Voicemail notifications. When I unlock or view lock screen, and hub, it shows the new voicemail icon despite having a clear voicemail box, and despite resetting hub with the 5x swipe gesture.
    11-22-19 11:30 AM