Not sure where to post this, thought this forum may be alright.

How can I record/save a voice mail to an audio file on phone? I know there's some apps out there that record or even the native voice note. Problem I have is that when I place the phone on speaker to record it the voice note will not record.

Any suggestions appreciated

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 10:53 AM
    you can try with text messaging ,play the voicemail on speaker and press the mic on text message it will make it audio file or use a second phone to text message with audio file or if you really need it and that doesn't work get a digital audio recorder or with a 2.5 mm audio cable figure a way to record on a laptop
    04-13-17 12:00 PM
    I've used YouMail for so long in handling my voicemail (they play without conversion and I'm able to save/send to an email, etc.) I'm left confused as to what you're trying to accomplish. Voicemail on your device is already in digital format - I'm not understanding why you need to re-record it.

From my understanding, you want to save existing voicemail on your device to another format? Is it that you want to convert your audio file from one format to another?

If you're looking to convert the file, then there are apps available in BBW that will handle the conversion of one audio format to another on your device. I've personally used Penzus MMT and it would be among my top recommendation but, of course, there are others.

Or is it that the voicemail is from an analog device? Where is the voicemail coming from? (maybe I just need some coffee - lol)
    04-13-17 01:07 PM
    regular voicemail will be saved for a limited period of time ,if you need it to email it or to save it you need it in audio file format
    04-13-17 01:34 PM
    regular voicemail will be saved for a limited period of time ,if you need it to email it or to save it you need it in audio file format
    Ahhh, ok. Thank you. I've not used carrier voicemail for almost a decade (I think) so have taken for granted the ease at which those tasks are accomplished with YouMail.

OP, who is your carrier?
    04-13-17 03:13 PM
    I just realised I had Parrot app in my uninstalled apps. It does the job.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 10:00 PM