Hi guys...

Okay so basically... im going to go and get the BlackBerry passport but, I saw a youtube video from BlackBerry about the blend but their doesn't seem to be much out in depth about it, would you guys put BlackBerry blend on your android device? like would you trust android? Or does it not matter?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:12 PM
    From what I've read, unofficial, blend on the tablet or PC is a special browser that connects to a server on the BlackBerry. So no data would be stored on the tablet. Assuming your tablet isn't rooted there should be minimal risk.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:40 PM
    There was a video posted on how it works. You have to allow the connections to the devices you connect to and when you disconnect nothing is left on the device that was connected to, it all stays on the phone. Seems very very secure and no one can connect without you authorizing it first (if you left your info on the client device etc).

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:34 PM
    Hi guys...

Okay so basically... im going to go and get the BlackBerry passport but, I saw a youtube video from BlackBerry about the blend but their doesn't seem to be much out in depth about it, would you guys put BlackBerry blend on your android device? like would you trust android? Or does it not matter?

Posted via CB10
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...3-1.0.1-en.pdf
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-02-14 07:43 PM
    From what I've read, unofficial, blend on the tablet or PC is a special browser that connects to a server on the BlackBerry. So no data would be stored on the tablet. Assuming your tablet isn't rooted there should be minimal risk.

Posted via CB10
    Wow!

I have been more digging I mean it seems amazing, then I don't have to worry about security issues with my android tablet too much as all content is saved on my blackberry...

I'm getting the passport, just going to see with android tablet to get lol...

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-03-14 10:35 AM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    There was a video posted on how it works. You have to allow the connections to the devices you connect to and when you disconnect nothing is left on the device that was connected to, it all stays on the phone. Seems very very secure and no one can connect without you authorizing it first (if you left your info on the client device etc).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I am super excited for my BlackBerry passport!!!! Solves my fears of android security also.

Posted via CB10
    So then would I have to connect my blackberry and android tablet to the same wifi connection in order to do this?

Or?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:58 AM
    So then would I have to connect my blackberry and android tablet to the same wifi connection in order to do this?

Or?

Posted via CB10
    They (Phone and Tablet) just have to be on the internet and it will work. Your phone could be left home by mistake and as long as it was turned on and you have either wifi or cellular data, you would be able to connect to it with Blend, if Blend has been setup in advance.
    10-03-14 11:03 AM
    They (Phone and Tablet) just have to be on the internet and it will work. Your phone could be left home by mistake and as long as it was turned on and you have either wifi or cellular data, you would be able to connect to it with Blend, if Blend has been setup in advance.
    Ah I see, okay cool, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:33 AM
    Wow!

I have been more digging I mean it seems amazing, then I don't have to worry about security issues with my android tablet too much as all content is saved on my blackberry...

I'm getting the passport, just going to see with android tablet to get lol...

Posted via CB10
    That's the whole point! Skip the inherent uncertainty/risk of cloud based storage, or possibly unreliable synching, and let you take advantage of your blackberry device without having to give up your other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Gad Lawoey1 likes this.
    10-03-14 11:38 AM
    "BlackBerry Blend users can click links in work email messages and other work files to open webpages. If Google Chrome is installed on the computer, when a user clicks a link, BlackBerry Blend opens a sandboxed instance of Google Chrome on the computer. This instance runs as a separate process from the regular Google Chrome instance. BlackBerry Blend uses the device?s Internet connection (whether Wi-Fi or mobile network) to access the content"

Haven't tried this yet, but does that mean that Blend allows you to essentially tether your computer/tablet to the BlackBerry device in order to take advantage of its mobile Internet connection? (like how the bridge browser would work on the PlayBook,.. except through a much faster USB connection?)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:47 AM
    It's still a good target to any hacker looking for your phone content. Will they manage to enter ? Don't know...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:47 AM
    It's still a good target to any hacker looking for your phone content. Will they manage to enter ? Don't know...

Posted via CB10
    Of course, but it can't possibly be more vulnerable than logging in to your email using the installed browser of a public/shared computer.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    The only additional security implications is the open port on the BB that must listen for blend connections. That and posaible keylogger or screenshots taken from an infected tablet or pc. I assume the data itself is encrypted and therefore would only really be susceptible to man in the middle attack so you would have to spoof the tablet/PC. Too much work for nothing I think.
    10-04-14 09:57 AM
    A MiM attack would be very difficult since all communications are in one administrative domain. Just as it would be hard to do a MiM attack between a Chrome browser and a Google site because Chrome knows about how Google's certificates are made. This is called certificate pinning. The same situation applies to BB10 software. The device knows BlackBerry ' s certificate already so it is very difficult to trick it into accepting software from another source.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:25 AM