Hard to word the question. But when I mean is, what is the best way to keep multiple BB10 devices running and up to date at the same time, and them all having their own uses? Firstly, should they all share the same BBID?

I have a Z30 as my main phone. 4 years old now, and I will soon need to change devices. I have my wife's old Z10 in our baby's room as a baby lullaby machine. I also just bought a Leap for nostalgia reasons.

So, should I put the same BBID on all 3 phones? Only the Z30 will be connected to a network. The other two will be wifi only. The biggest issue is that BBM only works on one. It would be handy to be able to quickly transfer things between devices, but maybe PIN or emails can simply do the same thing. But using the same BBID mean I can download all my purchased apps on each phone. So other than BBM, are there other downsides?

As for sharing files, or anything really, should I just login to a cloud service on each one to share files? I could put One Drive on each. Auto backup of photos to One Drive has been awesome on my Z30, and my wife's iPhone.

Is there some other great use I'm not thinking about?

I also currently have a Playbook in my other kid's room, also as a lullaby machine...
    10-05-17 09:57 PM
    No, other than BBM, there isn't any downside. I have three Passport running on the same BB id, and all the same set-ups, be it emails or any other minor detail. Actually, apart from different wallpapers, you can't tell the difference. I carry two of them with me, and regularly connect one of them to the Net through wifi to keep my personal data updated( email, contacts, evernotes). It works pretty OK for me. Why I carry two devices? In case of no charger around.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 10:48 PM
    You might be able to get a Passport as upstream to a usb hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 03:02 AM
    Hard to word the question. But when I mean is, what is the best way to keep multiple BB10 devices running and up to date at the same time, and them all having their own uses? Firstly, should they all share the same BBID?

I have a Z30 as my main phone. 4 years old now, and I will soon need to change devices. I have my wife's old Z10 in our baby's room as a baby lullaby machine. I also just bought a Leap for nostalgia reasons.

So, should I put the same BBID on all 3 phones? Only the Z30 will be connected to a network. The other two will be wifi only. The biggest issue is that BBM only works on one. It would be handy to be able to quickly transfer things between devices, but maybe PIN or emails can simply do the same thing. But using the same BBID mean I can download all my purchased apps on each phone. So other than BBM, are there other downsides?

As for sharing files, or anything really, should I just login to a cloud service on each one to share files? I could put One Drive on each. Auto backup of photos to One Drive has been awesome on my Z30, and my wife's iPhone.

Is there some other great use I'm not thinking about?

I also currently have a Playbook in my other kid's room, also as a lullaby machine...
    You might like to have 1 use a different BBID that is made using an email alias of the other BBID. This way the email confirmation goes to the same place but you can use a second BBM with Blend.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 05:41 AM
    You might like to have 1 use a different BBID that is made using an email alias of the other BBID. This way the email confirmation goes to the same place but you can use a second BBM with Blend.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I don't quite follow. Create another BBID, so I can use BBM? What do you mean by alias?
    10-08-17 03:34 AM
    Sorry, I don't quite follow. Create another BBID, so I can use BBM? What do you mean by alias?
    Well I havent seen any email service except microsoft offer additional aliases for free, it is a nice feature. You can add anything, a phone number, a textnow address(nice if was with the original alias to begin with) your skype info or any other email. Or you can add a new outlook alias in addition tonyour original email address. t This is good because, in the case of BBID and BBM. One account will receive the notifications for 2+ IDs. The idea for additional BBM was just for keeping one plugged in at home with blend as an archive for photos and notes.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 04:56 AM
    Well I havent seen any email service except microsoft offer additional aliases for free, it is a nice feature. You can add anything, a phone number, a textnow address(nice if was with the original alias to begin with) your skype info or any other email. Or you can add a new outlook alias in addition to your original email address. This is good because, in the case of BBID and BBM, or any account like Box, Evernote etc.. One account will receive the notifications for 2+ IDs. The idea for additional BBM was just for keeping one plugged in at home with blend as an archive for photos and notes that you can send to a group(lists, discussion, photos, event)/channel/or just the contact itself.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 04:58 AM
    You can on the Samsung Note 8. Now you can download an app to run 2 accounts on any phone, it's called Parallel Spaces I believe
    10-23-17 09:22 PM
    If BBM is a thing for you, for $41CND/yr you can subscribe to BBM Enterprise ...coming soon is MPOP, so you can have it running on three devices, regardless of the platform.

-via my BlackBerry® Passport SE™ SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    10-24-17 12:23 AM
    You can on the Samsung Note 8. Now you can download an app to run 2 accounts on any phone, it's called Parallel Spaces I believe
    You can do this on any modern 'droid. Xiaomi Miui also has it baked in.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 03:25 AM