Yes. Face10 is here to the rescue. Doing the best I can. And a new update is now available in Beta zone

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and elfabio80 like this.
    12-29-15 05:30 AM
    If blackberry sees that there's a new app from another developer for Facebook they will never update the official one. And honestly, I prefer to have an official one with ALL the features working perfectly, and not a simple workaround.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 03:50 PM
    If blackberry sees that there's a new app from another developer for Facebook they will never update the official one. And honestly, I prefer to have an official one with ALL the features working perfectly, and not a simple workaround.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have Facebook, but like all other apps, I'd rather have a fully working, supported, native (!) 3rd party app than a crappy, unsupported official native app.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    tryfe and Jahcure like this.
    12-30-15 01:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    So screw competition? Competition makes things improve. If BlackBerry can't punch their way out of a wet paper bag then why be negative about others for coming through? Face10 is a breath of fresh air for those that totally abhor BlackBerry's shoddy rendition of a native experience.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-30-15 09:12 AM
    So screw competition? Competition makes things improve. If BlackBerry can't punch their way out of a wet paper bag then why be negative about others for coming through? Face10 is a breath of fresh air for those that totally abhor BlackBerry's shoddy rendition of a native experience.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, and BlackBerry's Facebook app doesn't even feel like a native BlackBerry app. It looks and feels just like any other Facebook app out there. Face10 at least looks and feels as though native Cascades was used to build it. It has a truly unique and BlackBerry look and feel. If people want the old boring Facebook app look, then they can move to a different platform.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-30-15 03:24 PM
    Yes. Face10 is here to the rescue. Doing the best I can. And a new update is now available in Beta zone
    Someone suggested that the reason BlackBerry hasn't updated the app is because Facebook hasn't made the necessary APIs available.

If you're able to do it, is this claim inaccurate?
    12-30-15 03:29 PM
    The majority of the shared posts that I've received do not load. The Internet mobile Interface is reliable but lacks the features of an application. NemOry is working on a new experience for a BB10 Facebook app. I think it's pretty Ambitious and it's gonna be awesome!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    12-30-15 07:00 PM
    how rubbish is facebook on bb10-img_20151230_225436.png

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151230_225436.png 
Views:	734 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	386148

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151230_225436.png 
Views:	734 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	386148

I love seeing this so much.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    12-30-15 09:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tyvm got it in the beta zone. So far so good! )

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 10:15 PM
    Someone suggested that the reason BlackBerry hasn't updated the app is because Facebook hasn't made the necessary APIs available.

If you're able to do it, is this claim inaccurate?
    BlackBerry wants to call the app 'Facebook', which is a trademarked name. Therefore, Facebook gets to decide what API's BlackBerry can and can't use and how old or new they are. Twas the same on webOS 3.0 with the Facebook Tablet app by HP.
    Nemory doesn't use the name Facebook so he can use the up-to-date public API's.

12-31-15 01:23 AM
    BlackBerry wants to call the app 'Facebook', which is a trademarked name. Therefore, Facebook gets to decide what API's BlackBerry can and can't use and how old or new they are. Twas the same on webOS 3.0 with the Facebook Tablet app by HP.
    Nemory doesn't use the name Facebook so he can use the up-to-date public API's.
    Thanks for the clarification

Makes sense. It's silly that BlackBerry won't use something other than "Facebook", or can't come to some agreement to allow it while using the public APIs.
    12-31-15 02:06 AM
    I look forward to trying it out once it supports special password characters and hub integration
    12-31-15 02:07 AM
    Maybe you can ,I cannot. I see the notification of a post however I cannot actually load the post either from the hub or from the app itself. I have to use the browser for that. I also cannot see replies to my comments ,only comments to the original post

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Agreed, I press on the hub notification and it goes to the post but doesn't show the comment. Finding twitter pretty rough as well, trending is stuck on last year and gifs cause it to freeze!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    12-31-15 06:35 AM
    Ok guys, I just got this from Blackberry Team via https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp :

"Hello, We're very sorry for the inconvenience about the Facebook application. To be honest, we are currently working on updating all applications that is needed to be updated. Not just Facebook but all the application. I don't know the exact date when would the update will be released but rest assured that we will notify everyone about it. ^KO"

I hope this is not just a speculations for me to calm down and we see really huge improvement with next BB10OS update! Update with Virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations too, so everyone worldwide finally could buy and start using BB10OS devices!
    01-03-16 08:03 AM
    Ok guys, I just got this from Blackberry Team via https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp :

"Hello, We're very sorry for the inconvenience about the Facebook application. To be honest, we are currently working on updating all applications that is needed to be updated. Not just Facebook but all the application. I don't know the exact date when would the update will be released but rest assured that we will notify everyone about it. ^KO"

I hope this is not just a speculations for me to calm down and we see really huge improvement with next BB10OS update! Update with Virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations too, so everyone worldwide finally could buy and start using BB10OS devices!
    Well I'm not going to hold my breath, as BlackBerry hasn't done anything with this app since May of 2015, but I guess it does give some hope. Perhaps Nemory taking the bull by the horns has embarrassed them a bit and got them off their asses.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    01-03-16 10:18 AM
    God I hope so. Pretty embarrassing to have most applications force close after Dec 31 2015. Most native apps are crippled or force close now.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 12:06 PM
    God I hope so. Pretty embarrassing to have most applications force close after Dec 31 2015. Most native apps are crippled or force close now.

Posted via CB10
    So far I've yet to find one that force closes and I do use a lot of native apps.

01-04-16 12:49 AM
    Facebook is garbage, one of the main reason I got rid of my passport for a priv
    01-04-16 01:03 AM
    This is not a random obscure app... this is the main app! I used to be a fervent defender of BlackBerry 10, and I still think it has the potential to be a messaging and productivity powerhouse... but it's like it's dead right now, the main apps are lagging, the autocorrect, which used to be divine, is now messing up my messages and typing in general, and facebook cannot load half or more of the stuff it warns me about.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why would a BB10 app force close or be crippled after December 31? Are you trying to suggest an "issue" like the Y2K bug or something? Sorry, but now on January 4, all my apps work fine. There was never any doubt. If you are having issues, update your phone OS, free up some storage, clear you cache, do a hard reset, polish your screen, or do whatever other voodoo you must, but don't spread falsehoods lime this.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-04-16 02:17 PM
45 12