Hi,
    I installed Whatsapp to try it out. I will no longer use it so I uninstalled it. However, the app is still listed in my HUB menu. I don't see any way to removing it from the settings of the HUB or the settings of the phone. How do I get it off of my HUB?

Thanks.
    07-10-13 03:36 PM
    I'm from a different angle. I use whatsapp all the time, but somehow ended up with 2 accts in my hub. One shows everything, one is blank. Tried reinstalling and both stayed...
    07-10-13 03:40 PM
    Did you delete it from BlackBerry world. Make sure it's gone from there and reboot phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:44 PM
    5swipes trick to reset the hub
    07-10-13 03:55 PM
    Tried everything so far.
    Reinstall/uninstall app
    HUB reset
    Phone reset
    07-10-13 04:37 PM
    Soooo, I take it a solution still hasn't been found on how to remove WhatsApp from the Hub after the software had been completely uninstalled? <sigh> I have sent a message to the WhatsApp folks to see if they will advise on a resolution to this issue. Should I get a response, I will post it in this and related forums.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Last edited by Maestra; 10-15-13 at 09:56 AM.
    10-15-13 08:33 AM
    Why not just in to the hub, click on the three dots (bottom right hand corner). Select hub management then turn off the option for whatsapp?

With the app removed and that from unelected you shouldn't see the app any more.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:19 AM
    Even with the display setting off, it still appears in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:55 PM
    Now that BBM is available on iOS and Android, why not just delete the app? That's what I did.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:27 PM
    Now that BBM is available on iOS and Android, why not just delete the app? That's what I did.

Posted via CB10
    That's what this thread is about lol

Posted from my Z10
    Z10ranviers likes this.
    10-22-13 09:39 PM
    Backup and reload software was my only solution. Pain in *** I know.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    geez did u read the thread actually?
    10-22-13 11:33 PM
    I un installed WhatsApp. It disappeared from the hub.
    10-22-13 11:45 PM
    I had to go to hub and delete all prior messages. Just tested it and it worked.

Sent from Z10; Channel Pin C0001A853
    10-23-13 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I really have to stop replying to threads before bed... or get to bed earlier.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:55 AM
    Thanks for your help and suggestions everyone! We are, however, speaking of a situation where many of us have already removed the WhatsApp software, including from the cloud (in App World), rebooted and possibly done security wipes, and WhatsApp is still showing in the Hub. Also, under Hub Management, WhatsApp still shows as an account. Even with the switch set to OFF, WhatsApp STILL appears in the Hub. Really would like a solution on removing it or fixing this apparent glitch. I am running 10.1. I have read related forum threads where users have reinstalled and then uninstalled the software, only to have WhatsApp haunt the Hub with two or more appearances although the software is completely removed. I don't want to take that chance. Can anyone suggest who we can push this to for research and resolution? I have already written to WhatsApp tech support for help (yeah, I know, "Good luck with that") and have not received a response. The offerings from this and related boards have not helped, and an Internet search hasn't yielded any solutions, either. Thanks!

10-23-13 11:11 PM
    Are there any messages in the folder? Can you click on it? Or does it just fill space?

Sent from Z10; Channel Pin C0001A853
    10-23-13 11:56 PM
    Good Evening! In my case, there are no messages in the folder & nothing in the view. Unfortunately, while it is taking up space, there's the bigger issue of why a completely uninstalled program is leaving remnants that seemingly cannot be removed. I'm still searching various forums and the net for a solution. Thanks!

10-24-13 10:45 PM
    Good Evening! In my case, there are no messages in the folder & nothing in the view. Unfortunately, while it is taking up space, there's the bigger issue of why a completely uninstalled program is leaving remnants that seemingly cannot be removed. I'm still searching various forums and the net for a solution. Thanks!

When an app adds itself to the hub, that "entry" is persistent. It has to be actively added or removed, and does not actually require an active app to be running in the background for the hub entry to be visible. Also, when an app is uninstalled, there is no opportunity for that app to run any of its own "clean up" code to remove such things.

What this means is that its actually the responsibility of the hub itself (or some other part of the OS) to detect that we've been uninstalled and remove our entry from the hub. If that's not happening, then the problem is somewhere outside of our app. The usual tricks for dealing with this are hub restarts and/or device reboots, after our app is uninstalled.
    10-25-13 11:35 AM
    Let's start a delete whatsapp motion on social networks. Make it cool too delete it

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    10-25-13 11:38 AM
    When an app adds itself to the hub, that "entry" is persistent. It has to be actively added or removed, and does not actually require an active app to be running in the background for the hub entry to be visible. Also, when an app is uninstalled, there is no opportunity for that app to run any of its own "clean up" code to remove such things.

What this means is that its actually the responsibility of the hub itself (or some other part of the OS) to detect that we've been uninstalled and remove our entry from the hub. If that's not happening, then the problem is somewhere outside of our app. The usual tricks for dealing with this are hub restarts and/or device reboots, after our app is uninstalled.
    Thanks. I've tried all the usual tricks, including hub restarts & device reboots at the time I deleted WhatsApp and many times since then. There has to be a way to remove this.

10-25-13 06:19 PM
    BB10 whatsapp doesn't have the option to delete account.

I had to sideload the Android version to delete my whatsapp account!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 06:25 PM
    BB10 whatsapp doesn't have the option to delete account.

I had to sideload the Android version to delete my whatsapp account!

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, that's a thought. I may just try that...

10-25-13 11:44 PM
    I removed WhatsApp and it's gone from my hub. Maybe you have to reboot after deleting.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-25-13 11:52 PM
    I removed WhatsApp and it's gone from my hub. Maybe you have to reboot after deleting.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    Thanks. As I have indicated, I've rebooted and reset the hub numerous times after deleting the app. Looking for a working solution to this issue.

10-26-13 10:23 AM
32 12