I'm going to call BB tomorrow and see if they can open a bug report on this issue. There really is no way to resolve this issue without their support. I was able to again duplicate the DHCP ip ghost devices so I can with certainty say this is how the ghost devices are created, as for removing them the DHCP is not an issue if the delete function under paired devices works and syncs with BB servers containing our BB ID info. Hopefully someone at BB will care but I'm not holding my breath
    03-22-15 10:56 PM
    Opened a Bug report with BB lets see if they do anything about it. I suggest others do the same.

Bug report
    https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-3014
    03-24-15 12:10 PM
    Opened a Bug report with BB lets see if they do anything about it. I suggest others do the same.

Bug report
    https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-3014
    I have joined this conversation and left a comment.
    jetspeedz likes this.
    03-24-15 12:39 PM
    Great, i hope with enough people getting involved they resolve this.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    03-24-15 12:47 PM
    If BB fix 50% OS bugs im in with passport (just to support BB again,i had enough of this Q10 . its like they dont wont to fix Q10 to sell more passport Z30?!)
    03-24-15 01:20 PM
    Is it related to having blend or link still installed on the Paired PC in question?
    03-24-15 01:21 PM
    If BB fix 50% OS bugs im in with passport (just to support BB again,i had enough of this Q10 . its like they dont wont to fix Q10 to sell more passport Z30?!)
    I would assume this bug affects all OS10 devices so if the fix this it would address only a small portion of the bugs people have found. I'm not holding my breath having worked on programs which are software heavy, release cycles to address these kind of low level bugs are sometimes never addressed unless it causes a stink internally or they eventually get to it long after people have moved on.

Is it related to having blend or link still installed on the Paired PC in question?
    Yes and no, it is a combination of both and BB ID. I believe I have figured out how they multiple instances of the same PC show up via DHCP but why they remain is yet to be determined as some have wiped the phone only to have the devices come back without ever connected back to that PC indicating a direct correlation between the device and BB ID.
    03-24-15 01:31 PM
    I've found that if you uninstall Link for a clean install without first removing the association with your handset that you will get duplicates of the same name on your handset after re-installing.

I've also gotten a duplicate name from computers with the same name after a hard drive crash on the original, primarily for the same reason as above.

As for the Desktop-last digits of MAC address, I have Link on two work PC's for use with a customer provided Z10, but they show up on my Q10 that I've plugged in for charging.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:46 AM
    I've found that if you uninstall Link for a clean install without first removing the association with your handset that you will get duplicates of the same name on your handset after re-installing.

I've also gotten a duplicate name from computers with the same name after a hard drive crash on the original, primarily for the same reason as above.

Posted via CB10
    The order in which things are done is really irrelevant, the byproduct of using link or blend is the result of the handshake between the PC and your BB.

BB will doubtedly not change this process but might give us the opportunity to delete the devices.

The ticket has been assigned.
    03-25-15 10:27 AM
    Update for those following. RIM has confirmed the bug and the issue has been resolved in the newer beta OS. So either wait for your carrier to release the official 10.3.2.xxx or download a beta OS if you can't wait.

Cheers
    kadthekid likes this.
    03-26-15 12:14 PM
    Update for those following. RIM has confirmed the bug and the issue has been resolved in the newer beta OS. So either wait for your carrier to release the official 10.3.2.xxx or download a beta OS if you can't wait.
    I was under the impression that this issue was resolved in OS versions 10.3.1.2558+? Are you saying it isn't? Can someone with this issue and OS version 10.3.1.2558/.2576/.2582 confirm/deny?
    03-26-15 12:32 PM
    It is resolved in that version i believe. I can't confirm b/c I'm running carrier OS for now.
    03-26-15 12:37 PM

Cheers
    Excellent news! At least there is a future solution.

EDIT: The guy there said that it is solved on 10.3.1.1763 and higher. I have 10.3.1.1784 loaded and it is NOT resolved. I still have ghost entries in Device Connections that come back after deleting.
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-26-15 12:37 PM
    I had the same problem and tried deleting Link from the old PC but that didn't work. A device swipe worked for me but I couldn't do a full restore or the problem came back. I manually restored everything back.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 CB10 App.
    03-26-15 12:41 PM
    I had the same problem and tried deleting Link from the old PC but that didn't work. A device swipe worked for me but I couldn't do a full restore or the problem came back. I manually restored everything back.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 CB10 App.
    I tried all this as well. The ghost entries will not stay away. I keep deleting them since more than a year now.
    I even autoloaded a fresh OS install from scratch with no restore. Did not help.Uninstalled Link, removed any trace of it I could find, and reinstalled it. Nothing works.
    03-26-15 12:47 PM
    EDIT: The guy there said that it is solved on 10.3.1.1763 and higher. I have 10.3.1.1784 loaded and it is NOT resolved. I still have ghost entries in Device Connections that come back after deleting.
    Hmm... Maybe the 'fix' only prevents more users who didn't already have the problem from getting it, but doesn't fix users who already have it?
    03-26-15 12:47 PM
    From RIM:

" it is fixed in BlackBerry 10 Software Release 10.3.1.1763, which has OS 10.3.1.2553"
    03-26-15 01:29 PM
    From RIM:

" it is fixed in BlackBerry 10 Software Release 10.3.1.1763, which has OS 10.3.1.2553"
    I have loaded 10.3.1.1784, which is OS 10.3.1.2582.

Posted via CB10
    jetspeedz likes this.
    03-26-15 01:47 PM
    I have loaded 10.3.1.1784, which is OS 10.3.1.2582.

Posted via CB10

That is of concern. Please let Mark know with an updated comment so he knows the problem is not resolved. From what i gathered from his comments he thinks you had the OS/Software mixed up but this needs to be addressed by him if it is not really resolved.
    03-26-15 01:50 PM
    From RIM:

But ralfyguy just said he's still having issues on 103.1.2582?
    jetspeedz likes this.
    03-26-15 01:52 PM
    That is of concern. Please let Mark know with an updated comment so he knows the problem is not resolved. From what i gathered from his comments he thinks you had the OS/Software mixed up but this needs to be addressed by him if it is not really resolved.
    I did leave a comment already, also another stating that I have the ghost entries in Device Connections. I have no ghost entries in File Manager.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 01:52 PM
    I just added a new comment hoping to get Marks attention.

I seems like while they may have addressed the ghost entries in File manager the issue is not resolved in Device Connections. Personally I only have the ghost entries in file manager, I have been able to successfully delete the ones in Device connections.
    03-26-15 01:55 PM
    I added additional comments for Mark b/c the initial bug i opened was for File Manager not having the Device connections problem he is probably overlooking this second related bug.
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-26-15 01:58 PM
    I added additional comments for Mark b/c the initial bug i opened was for File Manager not having the Device connections problem he is probably overlooking this second related bug.
    He probably is. This problem is in my opinion server related. I don't think he can do much about it.
    The problem is for some reason those entries got stored on the server. Then something happened to get these entries orphaned. Probably with having Remote Access problems and uninstalling and reinstalling Link broke these connections. New ones got established as a result.
    However the server still sends the info to the device via Link, but since the relation is somehow broken won't allow these to get erased from the server when invoked from the device.
    The only way to get rid of it, is either change something in the OS to override this, or he would have to delete it for me on the server.

Posted via CB10
    jetspeedz likes this.
    03-26-15 02:32 PM
    It may not even have anything to do with link, it seems some with just loading a new OS had these devices come back once logged in via BB ID. I do agree with you it sure looks like it has to do with the BB backend db storing these rouge entries and no way to sync with the remote end to confirm a disconnect or removal of the association thus leaving the trail intact in the server.

All we can do is inform them of the issue and hope they are actively monitoring these issues and trying to resolve it.
    03-26-15 02:44 PM
56 123