I can't seem to be able to remove an old paired PC which shows up in File manager. I have deleted it under Desktop Connections and after a reboot it comes right back. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks

Created Bug report

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-3014
    Last edited by jetspeedz; 03-24-15 at 12:16 PM.
    03-08-15 03:24 PM
    Just ignore it. I have some old paired devices that show up as well.
    03-08-15 03:31 PM
    Odd there is no way to remove other than a wipe from what I have read.
    03-08-15 03:46 PM
    Same question, how to remove it?
    03-08-15 03:49 PM
    It's been happening to me too. Too bad...

Zrockin'30 cracks10 berries...
    03-08-15 03:50 PM
    surely this must be a bug not being able to remove. Some had gone as far as device wipe and still not able to remove them which is odd.
    03-08-15 03:53 PM
    Also today, I saw a paired device I have never heard of or allowed before and freaked out : I was like, gosh, what the hell !?
    Deleted it from my Z30 but still wondering what the heck...

Zrockin'30 cracks10 berries...
    03-08-15 03:55 PM
    I have been doing some testing and discovered why the same computer shows up with a "-#" of the same computer appended. It has to do with the IP, PC DHCP kicks to the BB every time you connect via USB. In my case I only turn on DHCP service when I connect to my BB to do backups. I have multiple counts of my PC with numeric iterations appended to the end for each time the the PC gives the BB a new local IP.

I'm going to contact BB to see if this is a bug and it can be resolved hopefully with a new software update or some sideload file hack.

cheers
    03-21-15 01:17 AM
    I have been doing some testing and discovered why the same computer shows up with a "-#" of the same computer appended. It has to do with the IP, PC DHCP kicks to the BB every time you connect via USB. In my case I only turn on DHCP service when I connect to my BB to do backups. I have multiple counts of my PC with numeric iterations appended to the end for each time the the PC gives the BB a new local IP.

I'm going to contact BB to see if this is a bug and it can be resolved hopefully with a new software update or some sideload file hack.

cheers
    I have the same concern OP. I will be following this thread for any solutions.

Z30
    03-21-15 01:41 AM
    I'll keep you posted if i find anything.
    03-21-15 01:42 AM
    I think it's probably associated with your BBID. I did security wipe and autoloaded a new leak and these old PC pairs appeared again.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    03-21-15 01:49 AM
    No way to get rid of them completely, they eventually come back.

I have an old PC I no longer have access to (it's trash), and I can't remove it.

I just disabled device connections all together. It's too annoying I've just completely ditched Remote File Access just so I couldn't see the ghost PCs.

It sucks. Been like that since 10.0 and no sight of a fix. Same with contacts from social networks still appearing when using the BlackBerry assistant and still syncing with your existing contacts on the contacts app, despite choosing not to - no fix either since 10.0.
    marco44 likes this.
    03-21-15 01:55 AM
    I've read similar with people who have wiped their device and it still did not go away while others state the wipe did resolve.

I don't use remote file access. I use Link for backups only but again every time DHCP kicks an IP to the BB the PC numeration is appended and a new one shows up. Quite annoying and irritating to say the least. Over the life of this device i may end up with close to a hundred of these.

I will contact BB again in the morning. No response when i called earlier tonight on hold for an hour i finally gave up. Surely they have to know about this and are ignoring it or they are just not made aware of the issue.
    03-21-15 02:05 AM
    The solution to this bug was posted on another thread in leaks forum.
    No need to wipe or reinstall OS.
    03-21-15 03:46 AM
    If you are referring to this link, yes I have read it. However your solution does not nail down the issue at hand. You connected to Link once. Wait until you reconnect and you happen to get a different IP, you will get ghosts devices again. The root cause of this is what I discovered and the real solution I'm afraid will have to come from BB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...30/index5.html
    Last edited by jetspeedz; 03-21-15 at 04:09 AM. Reason: forgot to add link
    03-21-15 03:48 AM
    Deleting devices from "device connection" in settings menu works.
    Settings>device collection>allow connections (turn on) there is a list of devices I have had paired my mobile with, they also showed in my file manager! I delete the one I dont use anymore.

How to remove old Paired PC in File Manager-img_20150321_182450.png
    Then turn on allow connection

How to remove old Paired PC in File Manager-img_20150321_182501.png
    Tap n hold the to delete the device u dont use

How to remove old Paired PC in File Manager-img_20150321_182512.png

M not sure but I hope it works for u too!

Via CB10 using Z10
    03-21-15 08:30 AM
    Deleting devices from "device connection" in settings menu works.
    Settings>device collection>allow connections (turn on) there is a list of devices I have had paired my mobile with, they also showed in my file manager! I delete the one I dont use anymore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150321_182450.png 
Views:	646 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	342833
    Then turn on allow connection

Name:	IMG_20150321_182501.png 
Views:	644 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	342834
    Tap n hold the to delete the device u dont use

Name:	IMG_20150321_182512.png 
Views:	644 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	342835

M not sure but I hope it works for u too!

Via CB10 using Z10
    This works for a little while. Check back on this in a day at the most and they all reappear.
    If you want them to reappear right away, just reboot the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:40 AM
    Just happy that I don't have this problem. Once deleted they never came back.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 10:24 AM
    If you are referring to this link, yes I have read it. However your solution does not nail down the issue at hand. You connected to Link once. Wait until you reconnect and you happen to get a different IP, you will get ghosts devices again. The root cause of this is what I discovered and the real solution I'm afraid will have to come from BB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...30/index5.html
    No. It works all the time. I'm on the link and blend every day and the duplicate pc didn't come back.
    Anyway good luck.
    03-21-15 11:55 AM
    Its photoshopped !
    S\
    03-21-15 01:03 PM
    I think it's probably associated with your BBID. I did security wipe and autoloaded a new leak and these old PC pairs appeared again.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    I think you might be right as I've installed an autoloader to 10.3 on my Z10 using my PC.

The Z10 has never seen my Mac which is what Blend is installed on for the Passport, yet my Mac shows up on the Z10 too.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    03-21-15 10:14 PM
    I think you might be right as I've installed an autoloader to 10.3 on my Z10 using my PC.

The Z10 has never seen my Mac which is what Blend is installed on for the Passport, yet my Mac shows up on the Z10 too.

Posted via CB10
    Good info, the ghost devices might follow the profile but why they get created and stick to the profile needs to be answered by BB
    03-22-15 01:16 AM
    I get those "ghost" PC's in my Device connections ! There is one (not my i dont have Win pc , i borrow my friends when needed ) PC named WOIN-PC (this is friends pc),nexus 7(my tablet used for blend) and Desktop-F0F2 ! Where is this Desktop-F0F2 coming from ?
    If i delete it comes back again !
    I have connected my Q10 only to one PC and Nexus 7 !
    03-22-15 04:15 AM
    In my file manager a see a "connection" to a PC with a strange name. But I remember that was what the Passport called my PC before I renamed it. So the old ghost name still shows up (although there is no actual connection) and I find the same thing in Blend. I can delete it from my list of connections, but it always comes back.
    03-22-15 09:00 AM
    I get those "ghost" PC's in my Device connections ! There is one (not my i dont have Win pc , i borrow my friends when needed ) PC named WOIN-PC (this is friends pc),nexus 7(my tablet used for blend) and Desktop-F0F2 ! Where is this Desktop-F0F2 coming from ?
    If i delete it comes back again !
    I have connected my Q10 only to one PC and Nexus 7 !
    This is exactly what I meant. Whatever you do, deleting ghost entries from the Device Connections will not remove them from your account on BB's server. They only disappear from the device for some time and eventually come back. I don't have those entries in the File Manager, just under Device Connections. I even had them in that list after a virgin Autoloader OS install. I did that once just to get rid of these entries. Right after install completed, I checked to see and they were already there. Uninstalling Link and reinstalling it did not work either. The problem is the BB server, because it is stored there.

The only way to get rid of these the way I see it is:

1) BB fixes that bug so that deleting them on the device ACTUALLY deletes them off the server. For some reason the server makes them show up on the device, but doesn't let you delete them.
    2) Getting a new BBID, changing the email address and password didn't work for me, because the device is registered to your account via PIN as well.

I cannot believe that during development the engineers have never seen that problem. I think they just didn't care.
    intprd04 likes this.
    03-22-15 09:13 AM
56 123