Whenever I try to add a particular email account (in a domain I personally own) it always asks me for the BES activation password.

This domain is hosted by Google apps btw.

I used to have this email address setup through my BES10 cloud service, on this phone, but I have done a security wipe and I have removed this email address and device from my BES10 cloud account. Yet it still wants to go through the BES, how can I make it go through the typical route so I can sync my contacts and calendar without going through BES? This is how I first had it setup before I signed up for BES10 cloud.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:39 PM
    BES thinks the domain still exists so just do advanced and choose Imap/activesync/exchange and fill in your details.

I wish I could afford the Z10 upgrade
    11-26-14 02:41 PM
    Thanks, this worked! Since it's a google apps domain I had to add it as a Gmail account which only gave me email, then I added another account and specified caldav and then another and specified calcard. it was a roundabout way but eventually worked.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:02 PM
    BES thinks the domain still exists so just do advanced and choose Imap/activesync/exchange and fill in your details.

I wish I could afford the Z10 upgrade
    To be more precise: The BlackBerry provisioning service (it might have a different name) which is a part of the BlackBerry Infrastructure, still recognizes the email address as being handled by a BES server. You could try deleting yourself from the BES10 if you are not going to use the workspace or administer the device via BES 10.

I have not tested it, but it might be so, that BES10 removes the registration from the discovery service when a user is removed from BES10.
    11-26-14 06:13 PM