Call me thick but can't understand what's the use of that circle that pops up when typing, it's horrendously annoying.. I've looked around and (probably cos I don't know how it's called) I can't find how to remove it, if you know how pls share.

ps. is it normal that it keeps popping up for no reason going from one place to another of the screen completely on its own, or is my display defective?
    02-05-15 11:45 AM
    Are you using a Passport or a Z10/30?

The circle should only appear when you touch on the line of text (it's for editing/selecting text). It should not appear when you are typing.

Some new Passport users will see the bubble popup when they inadvertently double tap (not click) the touch-sensitive keyboard keys (which also brings up the editing bubble on the Passport).

Sounds like your screen might be malfunctioning. Any water damage? Too much dirt/grease? Extreme cold/heat?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:54 AM
    You could be double tapping the keyboard by accident. Try double tapping keyboard to turn it on or off(if using a Passport). If not, your screen may be malfunctioning.
    02-05-15 12:15 PM
    Ok, I see, I may have been double tapping then, well hope so, to be honest that crazy going from one side to the next only happened with the sticky notes app (corky notes), the phone is brand new, no damage at all. Anyway is there a way to not use this thing, for the life of me can't understand it's advantages.
    02-05-15 12:31 PM
    Ok, I see, I may have been double tapping then, well hope so, to be honest that crazy going from one side to the next only happened with the sticky notes app (corky notes), the phone is brand new, no damage at all. Anyway is there a way to not use this thing, for the life of me can't understand it's advantages.
    What do you mean? It's for selecting and editing text. You can drag the circle around to move the cursor, tap on either side to move it left/right up/down one character. There is no other way to place a cursor on a line of text and select it. It's not meant to go from side to side erratically or even appear as you type.

If you're using the Passport I do believe there is a way to disable the capacitive touch capability of the keys... but I don't imagine that's really what you want.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 12:51 PM

Here's a video to give you a visual aid to go along with AnimalPak200's description. Start watching at about 2:55.

I found this video helpful when I first got my Passport. I personally feel the main advantage of activating the cursor through the keyboard rather than the screen is that my fingers don't have to leave the keys. This allows me to type faster than if I constantly had to use the screen to select and edit text.

However, you may feel differently. If that is the case, I unfortunately do not know of a way to turn off this function.
    02-05-15 01:18 PM