2-4 times a month I check which native apps are new and mostly buy one.

Today I checked and the build for blackberry 10 logo was gone, how do I recognise native bb10 apps instead of android bar files apps?

I think it's the end for BlackBerry world for me personally and wait when I read about a good app that I check that one, but this is not funny Chen.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:47 PM
    Wow.. I never knew that they removed the logo!

Thanks for that heads up.

I too am concerned as to how to know.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-07-16 03:49 PM
    I think now it's no use to check native apps anymore, so why should I check the store.

I have mainly native apps and some android apps. Alls apps from blackberry world I download are native.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:53 PM
    I have the app 'mobile network' provided as a download from Cobalt on my Classic and PP, which is in it self an Android app, but also allows you to see, if other apps are Android - so I can keep my devices as 'clean' as I want...

Perhaps this helps to monitor and delete, at least for free apps...

My PP is free of all Android and runs just like Mustang

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 06:22 PM
    Just look at the screen shots of the app in the description. If it has a native action bar at the bottom and menus that open from toggles on the right or left, than chances are it's native. If it doesn't show a native action bar, or the action bar is some unusual color and doesn't look like it's built using cascades, then it's likely a ported Android app.

Posted via CB10
    WiseEyes likes this.
    03-07-16 08:20 PM
    Android apps ask for permissions AS they install, and native apps ask for permissions on first run.
    moyah8, idhbar, jlc0312 and 1 others like this.
    03-07-16 08:36 PM
    Android apps ask for permissions AS they install, and native apps ask for permissions on first run.
    I'll look out for that. Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-08-16 12:50 AM
    That is no fun - clicking and installing to see what happens when you installing it, you find 10 misfits and then finally one is native.

Thanks anyway for your comments, but this is a bad situation.
    03-08-16 07:21 AM
    That is no fun - clicking and installing to see what happens when you installing it, you find 10 misfits and then finally one is native.

Thanks anyway for your comments, but this is a bad situation.
    Only a small percentage of native apps had the "Built for BlackBerry" designation anyway, so the problem has always been there.
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    03-08-16 07:24 AM
    A good developer may add that it had that designation in the description (I saw it recently).

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 06:45 PM
    They announced months ago that they were ending the Built for BlackBerry App designation. It really shouldn't come as a surprise. Crackberry even had an article or two written about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 06:54 PM
    And then there's also this:

"We're listening to our developer community by creating a new list on BlackBerry World starting Feb 25. This new list, entitled "Great Apps on BlackBerry" will feature great apps which are available on BlackBerry 10. The category will be a list of 20 applications, featured for two weeks, once per month. The requirements will follow very much in line with those to be featured on the BlackBerry World Carousel, with a few additional requirements to ensure end users experience a great BlackBerry 10 app."

So hopefully that should ease some the anxiety from losing the Built for BlackBerry designation.

Posted via CB10
    WiseEyes likes this.
    03-08-16 06:58 PM
    Unfortunately, this will prevent me from PAYING FOR APPS, because I will not pay for an app unless I know it is a Blackberry 10 app.

I don't see how that is good for the developers.

Posted via CB10
    whatsever likes this.
    03-08-16 07:19 PM
    Unfortunately, this will prevent me from PAYING FOR APPS, because I will not pay for an app unless I know it is a Blackberry 10 app.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same feeling, but I feel more and more that I don't care about BlackBerry and the comment that most apps are not native is right, but it's nice to see that these apps are build or not build for BlackBerry OS.
    03-09-16 12:04 PM

Use the "contact developer" feature of BBW and simply ask the developer. If they don't answer, then don't bother buying. If they do, then I'm sure if they get asked a few times they will add it to their product description. Though why every native dev doesn't do that already is beyond me.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    03-09-16 02:05 PM
    I've seen this a couple times but iirc doesn't an app like Parrot voice recorder ask for permissions on install and appear to be native / Cascades?

Also, FastTube looks native but Android player seems to show more useage with it running on my phone, so I guess I also have a question of can a native app make use of the Android Player?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:09 PM
    I've seen this a couple times but iirc doesn't an app like Parrot voice recorder ask for permissions on install and appear to be native / Cascades?
    An app with a headless component can request that the headless component be started upon installation. In this case, the user will be prompted during installation.
    Pcmx likes this.
    03-11-16 02:24 AM
    my bet will be on apps with higher reviews .. its more or less about the app's functionality nowadays
    03-11-16 05:26 AM
    I have the same feeling, but I feel more and more that I don't care about BlackBerry and the comment that most apps are not native is right, but it's nice to see that these apps are build or not build for BlackBerry OS.
    No, the comment was that most native apps did not have the Built for BlackBerry label, so the problem is not new.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    03-11-16 05:57 AM
    I have enough apps but weekly buy one and test if it is working for me, but who cares still in doubt to get a spare BB10 device or going to buy a nexus
    03-11-16 12:47 PM
    Only a small percentage of native apps had the "Built for BlackBerry" designation anyway, so the problem has always been there.
    Actually, that's a different problem. Then the issue was that you couldn't filter for ALL BlackBerry 10 apps. Now the issue is that you can't filter for ANY BB10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 01:44 PM