Hi I remember reading in a thread on this forum where someone recommended taking a few steps to ensure that if either the BB10 phone dies/whatsapp stops working or one migrates to a newer blackberry, that some steps must be followed to make sure you don't accidentally lock yourself out of whatsapp on new handset due to an error on the new handset because the phone number/whatsapp account is still in use with another phone.
    Something about being ogged in/activated on another sim?
    Does anybody remember or know what to do to prevent this?
    01-08-19 02:32 PM
    Hi I remember reading in a thread on this forum where someone recommended taking a few steps to ensure that if either the BB10 phone dies/whatsapp stops working or one migrates to a newer blackberry, that some steps must be followed to make sure you don't accidentally lock yourself out of whatsapp on new handset due to an error on the new handset because the phone number/whatsapp account is still in use with another phone.
    Something about being ogged in/activated on another sim?
    Does anybody remember or know what to do to prevent this?
    Hey phickspc,

You might want to try posting this in the Android forums:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...droid-os-f456/

Folks there are more likely to be able to help with KEY2 issues.
    01-08-19 07:15 PM
    Hey phickspc,

You might want to try posting this in the Android forums:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...droid-os-f456/

Folks there are more likely to be able to help with KEY2 issues.
    Okay will do, but this question is for bb10 devices regardless of what phone I migrate to.
    01-09-19 08:54 AM
    You can only transfer Whatsapp Chats from BB10 to android, AFAIK.
    01-09-19 09:54 AM
    But if I've previously used whatsapp for bb10 and logged out and deleted the app, and move my sim card to a new phone, will my whatsapp account show me any errors when logging in on new phone?
    01-09-19 10:06 AM
    Okay will do, but this question is for bb10 devices regardless of what phone I migrate to.
    Sorry phick; from your subject line I assumed you were talking specifically about migrating to a KEY2 or other Android device.

For BB10 devices (when switching between them) your Whatsapp account should be fine assuming it was working before and you have applied all the necessary fixes.
    01-09-19 03:55 PM
    Sorry phick; from your subject line I assumed you were talking specifically about migrating to a KEY2 or other Android device.

For BB10 devices (when switching between them) your Whatsapp account should be fine assuming it was working before and you have applied all the necessary fixes.
    To clarify, my question is regarding migrating from a BB10 device to an android device.
    01-09-19 05:22 PM
    To clarify, my question is regarding migrating from a BB10 device to an android device.
    If you are migrating to Android I think TrumpetTiger's suggestion of posting in the Key2 forum is a good idea. I would bet there are people there who have migrated from BB10 to Android who can help.
    01-09-19 06:28 PM
    I did it early yesterday but nobody has replied. Thx.
    01-10-19 09:29 AM