I did a restore on my Passport and all of my pictures are now mixed up. Before they were sorted according to the date they were taken. Is there anyway I can get them sorted correctly in the Pictures App? Is there anyway this can be avoided when doing a restore and the restore can preserve the sort order of the pictures library? Similar issue took place during a Galaxy S4 to Passport device switch.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:33 AM
    Have you got the Date sort tab selected?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 12:15 PM
    Have you got the Date sort tab selected?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's selected and on from Newest to Oldest. The problem is the software uses the date the file was created on the device and not the date that the photo was taken. So if you do a restore the creation dates and also sort order would end up different from when the files were backed up. Either that or the date taken is not being preserved after backup and restore. An option to sort by "Date Taken" would be nice instead of just "Date"

Posted via CB10
    RA-HA likes this.
    01-15-15 01:32 PM
    Yes, it's selected and on from Newest to Oldest. The problem is the software uses the date the file was created on the device and not the date that the photo was taken. So if you do a restore the creation dates and also sort order would end up different from when the files were backed up. Either that or the date taken is not being preserved after backup and restore. An option to sort by "Date Taken" would be nice instead of just "Date"

Posted via CB10
    Well it would make more sense if that's how it worked, if this date was empty then use file creation date.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:31 AM