adjdudley21 is right, in android and ios you tap on the notification and you open the app that is needed, go back etc.
    As shown in Howarmat's pics, you can respond directly from the Notification bar. You'll see the differences in the left vs right pics. He has the option to Message his missed call (or call back directly), email a reply directly, etc. No need to close the Notification bar and then open the necessary app.
    02-05-13 03:21 PM
    which platform?? I have android jellybean whatever the number and i cant do that...
    That's probably a Nexus 4 (4.2.1 build number)...that's not on the latest Samsung build as of yet. Probably "coming soon".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-05-13 03:22 PM
    Tell you how to what? I'm not sure what you're asking?
    I said, on android and apple, you have to swipe into notifications, and click on the notification and let it open that specific app in order to respond.. people have disagreed with me but not told me how to respond in notifications without opening an app.. i have had an android and an apple device... currently have the late lg optimus for at&t and the galaxy note 1 before that, and that is not the case on my phone.. .
    02-05-13 03:24 PM
    That's probably a Nexus 4 (4.2.1 build number)...that's not on the latest Samsung build as of yet. Probably "coming soon".

They've got the LG Optimus G, which was released with 4.0.4, with an update planned to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (not sure if the update has happened yet or not), which I don't think has those features yet..

EDIT: Whoops, not even the Optimus G, just the ol Optimus itself..
    02-05-13 03:27 PM
    Tell you how to what? I'm not sure what you're asking?
    Semi5 says that you can reply to emails, texts etc from an android or ios drop down notification window.......

See:

I said, on android and apple, you have to swipe into notifications, and click on the notification and let it open that specific app in order to respond.. people have disagreed with me but not told me how to respond in notifications without opening an app.. i have had an android and an apple device... currently have the late lg optimus for at&t and the galaxy note 1 before that, and that is not the case on my phone.. .
    02-05-13 03:28 PM
    who cares. According to the courts, Samsung "borrowed" enough from Apple to be on the hook for about $1 billion.
    yeah according to Steve Jobs Android is a rip off of iOS, even though Android was developed first.
    And only one court (USA) thought that, the rest of the worlds courts were a lot more sensible
    02-05-13 03:29 PM
    Palm did a nice job with the scrolling at the bottom. I do think it would be nice to have option for the accounts you allow to compliment what is already available.
    02-05-13 03:29 PM
    As shown in Howarmat's pics, you can respond directly from the Notification bar. You'll see the differences in the left vs right pics. He has the option to Message his missed call (or call back directly), email a reply directly, etc. No need to close the Notification bar and then open the necessary app.
    \
    when i said leave the notification bar.. i meant when you click on a specific notification, it opens that notifications app.. thats a FACT and unless its coming in an update, it aint here for the majority of android or iPhone users..

However, I'm so far gone from apple i hope it dies a slow painful mobile death....lol I love android and my lg, i hope they can keep innovating as well as blackberry so we can go at android and apple can quit stealing stuff and saying that invented it...lol
    02-05-13 03:30 PM
    So you can turn it off and allow other people who like the popups (which I do) to keep them. IOS even has a do not disturb setting that you can activate if you dont want to be bothered.
    you mean bedside mo....oh wait
    02-05-13 03:30 PM
    Tbh OP, they're both slightly different and the one that is better is determined by what you prefer/need from a device.
    adjdudley21 and mikeo007 like this.
    02-05-13 03:31 PM
    I see. AFAIK you are correct in the fact that when you tap on the notification, it takes you into said application. However, with the newest 4.2.1, you can hit "Reply" or "Message" as seen in Howarmats pics and it'll take you directly into the "reply" portion of the app. Kinda hard to explain, but its not like you reply in the Notification bar itself, if you get what i'm trying to say. Either way, it's two steps. Pull down notification bar, and reply. You don't need to close the notification bar, then go and open your app, then go and open the conversation, and then reply. From my understanding of the Hub, even then you have to open the message and then reply.
    02-05-13 03:33 PM
    You don't need to completely leave an Android or iPhone app either to check the notification center. However, I did just test this on the iPhone. If watching a youtube video, it will pause the video if you pull down the notification shade (however video continuos to buffer). I do like having non-messages in my notifications center though. Like weather and stocks on the iPhone. To be honest, I still feel Android has the best overall notification center of the three.
    really? it's horrible! u cannot access it from any app.. it's too cluttered..

PEEK is just more fun to do!
    02-05-13 03:33 PM
    They've got the LG Optimus G, which was released with 4.0.4, with an update planned to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (not sure if the update has happened yet or not), which I don't think has those features yet..
    Pure Google 4.2 is the only build that has that feature as of right now.

02-05-13 03:34 PM
    I see. AFAIK you are correct in the fact that when you tap on the notification, it takes you into said application. However, with the newest 4.2.1, you can hit "Reply" or "Message" as seen in Howarmats pics and it'll take you directly into the "reply" portion of the app. Kinda hard to explain, but its not like you reply in the Notification bar itself, if you get what i'm trying to say. Either way, it's two steps. Pull down notification bar, and reply. You don't need to close the notification bar, then go and open your app, then go and open the conversation, and then reply. From my understanding of the Hub, even then you have to open the message and then reply.
    OH, so android 4.2.1 is like this? Ok well I thought those pics were not android. I think that is the confusion.....
    02-05-13 03:34 PM

its a bit weird to call the android notification bar cluttered compared to the hub, when you have every account and their dog dumping their messages in the hub
    mikeo007 and jdhooghe like this.
    02-05-13 03:36 PM

You CAN access it from every app (except most games), at anytime.
    02-05-13 03:37 PM
    OH, so android 4.2.1 is like this? Ok well I thought those pics were not android. I think that is the confusion.....
    Ya..those screenshots were from the Nexus 4 with 4.2.1..
    02-05-13 03:39 PM
    I like the android notification system but I'm excited to try hub on the Z10. I like the interface and the access from anywhere.
    02-05-13 03:41 PM
    Pure Google 4.2 is the only build that has that feature as of right now.

Ya, i've been using 4.2 for so long now, sometimes I forget. I also forget how nice it is to get updates immediately, and not have to wait for them
    02-05-13 03:42 PM
    its a bit weird to call the android notification bar cluttered compared to the hub, when you have every account and their dog dumping their messages in the hub
    yah but u can manage what u want to see in the hub.. i guess it's personal preference.. i'm just happy i got rid of my nexus 4.. the fact u had to get kernels and ROMS just to operate normally is a pain.. but yes i admit it was fun to do all that tweaking..
    02-05-13 03:42 PM
    You CAN access it from every app (except most games), at anytime.
    really? maybe the ROM i had on my nexus prevented that.. sorry for the misinformation ; >
    02-05-13 03:43 PM
    I like the android notification system.
    Now there's something I never thought i'd "hear" you say lol
    02-05-13 03:43 PM
    yah but u can manage what u want to see in the hub.. i guess it's personal preference.. i'm just happy i got rid of my nexus 4.. the fact u had to get kernels and ROMS just to operate normally is a pain.. but yes i admit it was fun to do all that tweaking..
    Android is definitely the choice for tweakers.
    i prefer BB10 myself. but i can see merits in each system, and cant say hand on heart one is better than the other.
    02-05-13 03:45 PM
    Android is definitely the choice for tweakers.
    i prefer BB10 myself. but i can see merits in each system, and cant say hand on heart one is better than the other.
    Agreed. Each one has their own merits, but I think BB10 is really a great step in the right direction. Yes, there are currently some things missing that long time users have grown accustomed to, but as long as BB can keep on top of timely updates, get some of the bigger app partners on board, and (like it or hate it) update the Android runtime to 4.1 JB, it will be a force once again imo.
    darkehawke likes this.
    02-05-13 03:50 PM
    Peek is amazing. Makes communicating a super fast thing with jumping between apps. I love it.
    02-05-13 04:34 PM
79 1234