I remember my BB Curves from 2009-Feb 2012 and they had the following issues.

1. Sluggish and weak web browser that took forever to load pages, had few features, and did not sync with the Mac.
    2. Podcast/Music that was hard to use and did not sync with 100% of my iTunes Library
    3. A device that took forever to reboot
    4. Voice Memos that did not sync with iTunes
    5. Apps that were hard to install and did not auto-update

How has BB 10 or whatever they call it these days work? My first curve ran OS 4 and then my next OS 6. The BB had better PIM apps, better email, text messaging, phone, among other advantages over the iPhone. Can someone tell me how the new OS is? In al honesty I think Apple kinda dropped the ball with iOS 7 as it has a number of bugs and limitations. It has many advantages as well, but perhaps more drawbacks.
    09-25-13 07:41 PM
    Lol it's a light years ahead of bbos! It might not be for you, but definitely give it a try!

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    potatoguy likes this.
    09-25-13 07:45 PM
    There --->
    09-25-13 07:46 PM
    BB's advantage is the keyboard. I do not like touch screen BB devices. Does 10 run on a keyboard model?
    09-25-13 07:50 PM
    BB's advantage is the keyboard. I do not like touch screen BB devices. Does 10 run on a keyboard model?
    Ahhh the touch screen only bb10 is perfect for its gesture based os! BUT there's also the "q10" and "q5" give them a quick search

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-25-13 07:54 PM
    There --->
    09-25-13 07:54 PM
    And this one --->
    09-25-13 07:57 PM
    Night and day compared to the legacy BlackBerry OSes. A step in the right direction, albeit a bit late. I've never had any issues with it, and would recommend trying it. It's fast, and allows me to multitask, so no complaints here. Keep in mind it is an OS in it's infancy, though. So, don't expect EVERYTHING (as in every single app the masses consider important). If you have the patience, and have the time to look for them, there are plenty of quality apps available without having to sideload anything. However, if that interests you, side loading is an option, as well. Overall, the device does what it was built to do. At least, from my experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:04 PM
    Op, post just proves how horrible blackberry did with the marketing.

Sent from, My Motorola side view pager. 4-5683-8
    Saiga, joejuck and eldricho like this.
    09-25-13 08:07 PM
    Wow. "BB10 or whatever they call it these days".

As an example, BB10 on the new phones is fast enough to allow pinch zooming on a live video as its playing! Try to do that on a 2009 BlackBerry phone

This is the perception that the majority of people have of BlackBerry. A clunky circa 2009 OS. If that's what I thought BlackBerry was still about today, I'd have a bad view of it as well.

(No offense to the OP. This is BlackBerry 's fault, not his).

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    09-27-13 12:00 AM
    I would say the new BlackBerry OS is good-to-great. I would give it an "excellent" rating if it weren't for the countless bugs and oversights. Perhaps 10.2 will be excellent.

But it's a good OS. Better than iOS and Android IMHO. If I leave it for either platform, I would miss it, especially its speed, swipe/gestures, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:24 AM
    I would say the new BlackBerry OS is good-to-great. I would give it an "excellent" rating if it weren't for the countless bugs and oversights. Perhaps 10.2 will be excellent.

But it's a good OS. Better than iOS and Android IMHO. If I leave it for either platform, I would miss it, especially its speed, swipe/gestures, etc.

Posted via CB10
    You need to sit down, take a tablet and have a cup of tea. You're obviously unwell and don't realise that you posted something positive. The change might do you good though.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    09-27-13 07:47 AM
    LOL - that is how I feel about my BlackBerry. I think it has a great UI. It's just very buggy, and there are a lot of mistakes in it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:54 AM
    LOL - that is how I feel about my BlackBerry. I think it has a great UI. It's just very buggy, and there are a lot of mistakes in it.

Posted via CB10
    I think 10.2 will address an awful lot although improvement is an ongoing thing so I don't think it'll be perfect. But then, what is? I mean, IOS's fingerprint scanner sounds amazing but when you think about it you're at risk every time you fall asleep or get drunk in the company of other people. Nothing ever works perfectly. Would have been better if they'd launched with 10.2 although one could argue that 10.2 would be a different beast entirely without the general public using 10.0,10.1, 10.1MR and providing feedback.

09-27-13 08:08 AM
    One would hope!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:52 AM
    I always love it when people think that Blackberry = Curve ... lol as if the Bold never existed for a lot of people... How can you base your opinion on the cheapest device of a brand? It's like saying oh I had a bad experience with my android is it better now? Which one did you have? Oh I had the best dude, the beautiful HTC Wildfire S. If that one was ****... I can only imagine the rest of the android line...
    mnc76 likes this.
    09-27-13 08:58 AM
    Night and day compared to the legacy BlackBerry OSes. A step in the right direction, albeit a bit late. I've never had any issues with it, and would recommend trying it. It's fast, and allows me to multitask, so no complaints here. Keep in mind it is an OS in it's infancy, though. So, don't expect EVERYTHING (as in every single app the masses consider important). If you have the patience, and have the time to look for them, there are plenty of quality apps available without having to sideload anything. However, if that interests you, side loading is an option, as well. Overall, the device does what it was built to do. At least, from my experience.

Posted via CB10
    One thing worth pointing out....i never owned a legacy BB...but based on what i've read there are some functions that were part of the legacy phones that isn't supported by BB10 like custom notifications, LED customization, holster support/mode, tasks app capability, etc.....the app selection is good/getting better and the hub is a beast for communication.....the universal search and type-n-go is my favorite feature and alone was well worth the plunge into the BB ecosystem.
    09-27-13 09:15 AM
    Just love it. It really is "next generation"

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    09-27-13 09:16 AM
    Both me and my daughter thought we'd hate touchscreen. We were converted. The touchscreen keyboard on the Z10 is unlike any other you've tried.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:17 AM
    One thing worth pointing out....i never owned a legacy BB...but based on what i've read there are some functions that were part of the legacy phones that isn't supported by BB10 like custom notifications, LED customization, holster support/mode, tasks app capability, etc.....the app selection is good/getting better and the hub is a beast for communication.....the universal search and type-n-go is my favorite feature and alone was well worth the plunge into the BB ecosystem.
    I've been able to create customized ring tones on my Z10 since 10.0, in a variety of ways. From using using the stock tones provided on the phone to using music from my iTunes collection. I never understood why people were complaining about not being able to do so. (Not saying that you are complaining. Just pointing out that I remember reading a lot about that subject, as well.) As for LED customization, I think that issue is resolved in 10.2. I'm Still running 10.1, so maybe someone here on 10.2 can comment on that.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:48 PM
    I've been able to create customized ring tones on my Z10 since 10.0, in a variety of ways. From using using the stock tones provided on the phone to using music from my iTunes collection. I never understood why people were complaining about not being able to do so. (Not saying that you are complaining. Just pointing out that I remember reading a lot about that subject, as well.) As for LED customization, I think that issue is resolved in 10.2. I'm Still running 10.1, so maybe someone here on 10.2 can comment on that.

Posted via CB10
    On legacy devices you needed an app to customise the led much like on BlackBerry 10.1. Holster support is there, it puts the phone to sleep when in the holster and wakes it up when removed but on legacy you also have the option to customise the alerts received when in the holster and also when you receive a message and pull the phone out, it went immediately to the message. Tasks is different on BlackBerry 10 but not less functional, the remember app takes some getting used to. The issue with notifications is not that you can't assign a ringtone to an individual because you can. It is because you can't assign a specific message alert tone to a person. That was possible in legacy devices. The thing with previous BlackBerry OS'S is that they were hugely customisable on all fronts. If you are coming to BlackBerry 10 from iPhone, you'll feel like you have been set free. If you are coming from BlackBerry legacy devices you'll probably feel like you sacrificed customisability for speed and a larger screen. Still, more functions seem to be added with each update.

09-27-13 05:06 PM
    No offense to the OP, but did you bother doing any research? On the front page of CrackBerry there's the quick intro to BB10. There's also this thing called "Google."

Due to a total lack of BlackBerry marketing (there's a real oxymoron), I assumed I would be stuck choosing an iPhone or Android. Waited for the iPhone 5 to release, then went to the store and played with it and the Galaxy S3. Each had its pros/cons, but neither wowed me enough to drop $200 and sign another 2-year contract.

Waited and checked out Windows 8 phone. Same impression.

I then wondered if maybe BlackBerry -WAS- doing something, and started researching. Took only minutes to learn about BB10, and get excited again. Even w/ the "Sky is Falling" stuff that is happening now, I'm still thinking of getting a Z10 even though I may have to make the switch to something else in 2-3 years.

Cheers.
    knownastron likes this.
    09-27-13 08:05 PM
    Everything is flawless! Browser is super fast and the best out there.
    The phone is damn fast and I just can't put it down.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:29 PM