I don't trust Drop Box, Google Drive or any other unencrypted cloud service if privacy is the concern. I ditched Drop Box and now use Tresorit, which is an encrypted zero-knowledge cloud storage service. It works very well, no complaints so far. Ultimately if security and privacy are an utmost concern you shouldn't use cloud storage and should do what I'm in the processing of doing, create a home secured VPN network at home and connect an external hard drive to the router. Then store your data on there and VPN securely to your router to save important stuff or retrieve it.

P.S. It's for security/privacy reasons that I'm coming back to BlackBerry after being with Android the last couple of years. Just need to wait for the Passport to be released and pray that the unlocked phone works on T-Mobile USA here in Chicago.
    08-24-14 09:36 PM
    I'm always weary about uploading personal information to the cloud. But as far as music and stuff, why not.
    ...same here, that's why I use BlackBerry Link and a dedicated server set up at home, and one at work (for the work stuff)...does the same trick, but I control my files...not someone else's servers...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:58 PM
    I trust Dropbox enough because if they would've done something bad, they would've done it by now and I would've already been on a different cloud service. As for security, no one's done anything malicious to Dropbox AFAIK

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:00 PM
    I trust Dropbox enough because if they would've done something bad, they would've done it by now and I would've already been on a different cloud service. As for security, no one's done anything malicious to Dropbox AFAIK

Posted via CB10
    ...they probably haven't...but then again they said the same sort of thing before the whole NSA fiasco broke out...for an example that is.....the other thing that I like about BlackBerry Link as my own personal 'cloud server', is that I am only limited to as much space as my server will limit me to...and so far I am up to about 4TB's ....the only problem that I have encountered with BlackBerry Link Is Windows...you can't run windows as it is out of the box...or you get connection issues...a few tweaks and mine has been up without a glitch since March/April...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 11:17 PM
    What about using something like Boxcryptor in addition? Does this help at all?
    08-24-14 11:20 PM
    I trust Dropbox a little more than Box. The transfers between both ends are encrypted and they say that you data is your data and private.
    I usually just store insensitive stuff on it such as word docs and such. I mean it's good enough for personal and consumer use. Most of us probably won't keep bank documents and mass destruction plans on Dropbox.
    08-24-14 11:52 PM
    I use Wuala, another zero knowledge end-to-end encryption cloud service based outside the US.

I wouldn't trust it it with insanely sensitive stuff but I do trust it with mildly sensitive stuff. I only use Dropbox for things I wouldn't mind anyone seeing.

Posted via my beautiful Q10 running. 1052
    08-24-14 11:56 PM
    A big encrypted micro SD card can do the work.

Last time I updated my phone, even I was unable to read it's content ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:03 AM
    I trust them up to 2.0GB.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-25-14 12:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Since Condoleeza Rice was appointed to the board of directors for Drop Box, I would be a little wary about how concerned they are about privacy/security. I have nothing personal against her, after all I am a Republican, but the fact she was the National Security Advisor and worked extensively with the NSA, that's a little too close for comfort. Especially knowing what we do after the Snowden leaks about how the NSA is not only gathering data on specific targets, but the public at large. Drop Box is not a zero-knowledge encrypted service so Drop Box can see everything you upload. Based on that I don't trust Drop Box.
    08-25-14 09:22 AM
    Since Condoleeza Rice was appointed to the board of directors for Drop Box, I would be a little wary about how concerned they are about privacy/security. I have nothing personal against her, after all I am a Republican, but the fact she was the National Security Advisor and worked extensively with the NSA, that's a little too close for comfort. Especially knowing what we do after the Snowden leaks about how the NSA is not only gathering data on specific targets, but the public at large. Drop Box is not a zero-knowledge encrypted service so Drop Box can see everything you upload. Based on that I don't trust Drop Box.
    The things that I upload to Dropbox, I don't worry too much about security. I upload leaks, bars, wallpapers and a few photos that I take of the wilderness

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:33 AM
    I trust every cloud based storage enough NOT TO EVER put sensitive or personal information in them
    08-25-14 09:42 AM
    A big encrypted micro SD card can do the work.

Last time I updated my phone, even I was unable to read it's content ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Haha!! Tell me about it!! Just gets annoying having to always update my sd lol

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:14 PM
    Thank you guys for all your responses!

Decision made, im not uploading anything sensitive on these services. Will be manually doing it via my micro sd and keep it encrypted. Then will hopefully be able to introduce bes into my business.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:15 PM
    Any non sensitive stuff I our in the cloud. The sensitive stuff gets encrypted locally, then uploaded.

If you have sensitive docs on your computer and they're not encrypted, you're asking for trouble, cloud or not.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:45 AM
    By all means use cloud based storage. Encrypt it first unless you want to share it with the world.

Myself, I don't put anything that I don't mind gets stolen in the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:34 AM
    By all means use cloud based storage. Encrypt it first unless you want to share it with the world.

Myself, I don't put anything that I don't mind gets stolen in the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yea,

I guess if you look at it like that, why not just encrypt it and upload it. Still, I think I'll mainly stick to sd card storage for now.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:27 PM
    I keep y sensitive data on USB keys and SD cards in my mattress, along with my money.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 03:05 PM
    Use Bittorrent Sync, your data will stay in your control. It works flawlessly for me. The app is available on the amazon app store

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:40 PM
    None. Only use them for transferring big files & storing non important data I don't mind losing or stolen.
    No pictures, no personal info.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:30 PM
    I'm sure there's probably been some more recent posts and threads about it, but since I already know of this one's existence- I have to say it's not surprising that there's some ongoing speculation by the media into the security of cloud storage after the celebrity photo hack and leak..some are blaming icloud. Some say it's not a fault with icloud. Either way- clouds are not to be trusted w/ sensitive info

+-keystroke queen-+
    Blue Hef likes this.
    09-12-14 08:47 PM
    Onedrive

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 10:32 PM
    I'm sure there's probably been some more recent posts and threads about it, but since I already know of this one's existence- I have to say it's not surprising that there's some ongoing speculation by the media into the security of cloud storage after the celebrity photo hack and leak..some are blaming icloud. Some say it's not a fault with icloud. Either way- clouds are not to be trusted w/ sensitive info

+-keystroke queen-+
    Agreed!!

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    10-01-14 05:06 AM
    None. Only use them for transferring big files & storing non important data I don't mind losing or stolen.
    No pictures, no personal info.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your feedback!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:07 AM
    I keep y sensitive data on USB keys and SD cards in my mattress, along with my money.

Posted via CB10
    Lol..

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:07 AM
53 123