Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry 10 OS

How to move Remember entries to Evernote Folder?

Asked: Aug 25 2014 | 10:56 am EDT 7527 Views 18 Answers View Best Answer

As we all know, currently BB Link does not sync the notes entries of BB10, like BB7 did to Outlook. The advice I got was to sync the Remember entries with my Evernote account (Done!). Now the Remember app has two folders, "unfiled Entries" with 157 items, and a new folder named "hamilgs's notebook" with the Evernote icon. Great, so now how do I move the 157 previous entries to Evernote? Ata glance I see no options to move an item from folder to folder.--george

Best Answer

Aug 25 2014 | 8:19 pm EDT niss63

@hamilgs -

It is not possible to move Remember files to Evernote on the current official version from most carriers.

The Remember app has been a disappointment, thus far. It is improving, albeit very slowly.

Posted via CB10

More Answers

Aug 25 2014 | 11:27 am EDT jaydee5799

When you open Remember and open the unfiled folder, and tap one of the articles or items to highlight, do you not get a menu on the side that says MOVE?
That's what I get.

Aug 25 2014 | 12:32 pm EDT hamilgs

jaydee: So far I do not see the "move" option. I'm on 10.2.1.2179 (far as AT&T offcially goes), and I notice from your sig file that you are on 10.3.0.1052. Wonder if the move option arrives in 10.3, or today, I'm just to dense to find it?

PS Thanks to Elite1 for fixing my title typo. I went back to edit it, but realized that mere mortals can't seem to change the title.

Aug 25 2014 | 12:36 pm EDT Elite1

PS Thanks to Elite1 for fixing my title typo. I went back to edit it, but realized that mere mortals can't seem to change the title.
Haha you're welcome.

FYI: If a thread title needs a fix, just Report Post #1 and request it.

Aug 25 2014 | 12:45 pm EDT Elite1

When you open Remember and open the unfiled folder, and tap one of the articles or items to highlight, do you not get a menu on the side that says MOVE?
That's what I get.
jaydee: So far I do not see the "move" option. I'm on 10.2.1.2179 (far as AT&T offcially goes), and I notice from your sig file that you are on 10.3.0.1052. Wonder if the move option arrives in 10.3, or today, I'm just to dense to find it?
I don't see the option JayDee mentions either. There are some Remember enhances 10.3, so this must be one of them.
I'm on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247 here.

You can move them though on 10.2.1, albeit only one at a time apparently.

Open an entry in Unfiled or wherever else and there should be a dropdown bar near top of entry with folder name. Tap it and select your Evernote folder.

Attachment 293469

Aug 25 2014 | 12:49 pm EDT scaffme

I used to have a lot of issues when trying leaked OS's when it came to getting contacts, calendar entries and remember notes back on my device. For the past couple months I've been using backup pro. It backs up to dropbox,box or your sd card.Seems to work flawlessly. You just have to remember to use it on a regular basis. Hoping they add an automatic scheduled in the future.

Aug 25 2014 | 5:23 pm EDT hamilgs

So far, I still do not see any options for moving "unfiled" Remember entries to my Evernote folder.How to move Remember entries to Evernote Folder?-img_20140825_140708.pngHow to move Remember entries to Evernote Folder?-img_20140825_140756.png

One attached pix shows what I see when I tap the "folder" bar at the top (only see "unfiled entries" and "Add a folder"). The other pix shows that I do in fact have a synced Evernote folder (hamilgs's notebook) alongside my Unfiled folder. Still puzzled.--george

Aug 25 2014 | 9:37 pm EDT svein99

There is currently no way to share remember entries directly, but here are two indirect options:

1. Use Backup Pro to back up all your remember entries to the phone, cloud or SD card and then restore to your other phone.

2. Copy the content of a remember entry and you get the option to share it. The send via email or bluetooth to your other device and create it as a new entry there.

I hope 10.3 will allow direct sharing as well as fix the font size scaling which incorrectly scales fonts when phone is rotated between portrait / landscape and back.

Z30)++

Aug 27 2014 | 6:00 am EDT rthonpm

That's a tough one:

You may have to just cut and paste the notes over.

Posted via CB10

Aug 27 2014 | 10:47 am EDT misterabrasive

There is currently no way to share remember entries directly, but here are two indirect options:

1. Use Backup Pro to back up all your remember entries to the phone, cloud or SD card and then restore to your other phone.

2. Copy the content of a remember entry and you get the option to share it. The send via email or bluetooth to your other device and create it as a new entry there.

I hope 10.3 will allow direct sharing as well as fix the font size scaling which incorrectly scales fonts when phone is rotated between portrait / landscape and back.

Z30)++
I can share my Remember entries directly with Evernote. You have to copy then hit the share icon and then Evernote.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253

Aug 27 2014 | 12:00 pm EDT hamilgs

That worked for me, but can't figure out how to copy the title of the note at the same time, not to mention that I have some 150 ish notes to move.

Aug 29 2014 | 1:12 pm EDT JayHutchins

I added the Evernote app a while ago. Today I thought I'd try to integrate it into the Remember app, so I went to Accounts and added the Evernote account. It says it's integrated, but in the Remember App I don't see my Evernote folders or notes? Does it take time, or is having the app AND the account for the Remember App redundant?

Aug 29 2014 | 1:39 pm EDT misterabrasive

I added the Evernote app a while ago. Today I thought I'd try to integrate it into the Remember app, so I went to Accounts and added the Evernote account. It says it's integrated, but in the Remember App I don't see my Evernote folders or notes? Does it take time, or is having the app AND the account for the Remember App redundant?
It takes time for things to sync. You may have to restart your phone.

Aug 29 2014 | 1:43 pm EDT hamilgs

Jay: My Evernote folder showed up very soon after I added it to accounts. Also have both the Evernote app, and the account (added to accounts in BB10)

Sep 02 2014 | 9:10 am EDT JayHutchins

Thanks, Ham. Guess I was impatient.

Posted via CB10

Oct 15 2014 | 12:41 pm EDT artie

Jay: My Evernote folder showed up very soon after I added it to accounts. Also have both the Evernote app, and the account (added to accounts in BB10)
hamilgs,
Thank you, I was having the same problem Remember not syncing with Evernote so I also added Evernote to accounts eventhough I already had an "Evernote Folder" in Remember but was not syncing. Since I added it to accounts I have a new folder in Remember with my "name + notebook" which I had in Evernote but not in Remember and now it syncs. Also the new folder(name + notebook) has a picture of an "Elephant".
Thank you thank you. I have a Q10, 10.2.1.3358 with Sprint.
I also just received an email from Evernote that it connected successfully to my BlackBerry 10 device.

May 31 2017 | 4:21 am EDT crowning73

I can share my Remember entries directly with Evernote. You have to copy then hit the share icon and then Evernote.

Is this done one by one?