I am never.
    Bought a Z10 first . Then a passport and another Z10 for other purposes.
    Very happy with the devices.
    08-18-15 06:31 AM
    Z30 is the phone for me. It doesn't need the hardware to run BB10. I don't find it lacking at all and in fact, when I try a Windows 10 or Android device, I find them lacking to my Z30.
    Indeed, I went from my Samsung S6 back to the Z30, it just such a good device, and my Android apps, while slightly slower to load some actually seem to run smoother, who knew.

Just want to know what seems to be the American habit of staying with one provider? I jump ship often to other providers if they meet my needs, but then I buy my handsets SIM free.

Barry
    08-18-15 06:40 AM
    Get a GSM carrier like the rest of the world, and your problem is solved.

Posted via CB10
    There are plenty of GSM carriers that still dont carry the passport, and probably never will. and if carriers didnt matter, there wouldnt be such a big deal about tmo and bb, and att getting their own version of the passport.
    08-18-15 07:38 AM
    ]. . . Bla1ze is doing a great job with his position and has also been interacting a lot more than most I've seen.
    [/B]
    Crackberry #1

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Agreed! KM was more Thorsten . . . Bla1ze more like Chen.
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-18-15 07:50 AM
    I changed my carrier to get my passport and don't regret it at all. There is no reason to be carrier loyal especially now that they are all ditching the contract plans. Shop around and get the phone that you want. BTW the Z30 is a major upgrade from a Z10 still. BBOS10 still has it competitive in a sea of android even with pretty obsolete hardware. Don't let the gimmicks get to you, most of the features that matter have not improved much over the z30 in real world usage.
    08-18-15 08:03 AM
    I'm happy with my choice of smartphone. I may want the latest thing, but I really don't actually need the latest thing. I'm not a fashion victim or a status stress puppy (it takes all sorts to make a world), so being realistic - I'm happy. Ages ago I was waiting for the rumoured Z30, but my carrier gave me a free Z10 as an upgrade from my 9860. I should have held on for the six CPU-GPU processor cores of the Z30 as compared to the three of the Z10, and all the other Z30 advantages, but no I didn't, and I will say that I'm happy now anyway. OK BB's progress in the spec race (if they are even thinking about it) was not so great as the Android guys, but as a daily tool the BB is a good piece of kit. Yes I'm sure a lot of people get sucked into comparing spec sheets, but often the daily tasks don't require a massive spec. The future of BB as a company selling things to the public, as compared to selling things to other companys, is another subject. They need to play to their strengths, and I see those strengths being areas of interest to other companies and organisations and the wealthy.
    jtultu likes this.
    08-18-15 08:06 AM
    Verizon, Sprint and USCellular are all CDMA carriers.

? Wireless carrier market share subscriptions United States 2011-2015 | Statistic

If BlackBerry wants to ignore those users I guess that's up to them, doesn't seem like a very smart move to ignore 50% of the market but I guess they don't don't sell here anyway. So why are they even bothering with AT&T?
    50% of the world smartphone market is Verizon, Sprint and USCellular ? Are you sure?
    zyxxiforr likes this.
    08-18-15 08:16 AM
    Let's say BlackBerry were to produce a CDMA variant and sold it through shopblackberry, would Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular even allow the variant on their network? Between Verizon and Sprint, are you able to bring devices between the two? AT&T and T-Mobile USA have no problem with accepting non-branded GSM devices since they sell SIM's. How would it work on Verizon and Sprint, where there are no SIM's? Can you take a CDMA device into Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular and have them add it to their "allowed devices" database?
    As of now no they won't. Only phones with their name on it. They do take a SIM for LTE. From what I understand LTE or a variant of it was supposed to eliminate the GSM CDMA thing but evidently it hasn't done that yet.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-18-15 08:18 AM
    Get a GSM carrier like the rest of the world, and your problem is solved.

Posted via CB10
    Except where I live and go no GSM carrier will provide you a working phone because there is little or no signal available. If you live in a big city and never venture off into the sticks then you'd be alright.
    dbiv5445 and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-18-15 08:19 AM
    50% of the world smartphone market is Verizon, Sprint and USCellular ? Are you sure?
    Did I say world? I think the link say USA, not the world.
    techvisor and 21stNow like this.
    08-18-15 08:22 AM
    Can anyone tell us what percentage of the world smartphone market is Verizon, Sprint and USCellular all together ?
    08-18-15 08:44 AM
    Can anyone tell us what percentage of the world smartphone market is Verizon, Sprint and USCellular all together ?
    I don't think those carriers are anywhere but in the USA.
    Gajja likes this.
    08-18-15 08:50 AM
    Again, we have to look how BBRY revenue is shifting. Latest results show North America as 43.3% of BBRY's revenue. they CANNOT afford to keep ignoring the US.

How many of you are disappointed with BlackBerry?-bbry-rev15q1.png

Remember when ATT had iphone exclusive? Now remember when that contract expired (2011) and Verizon started to carry the iphone? they [apple] more than doubled their sales in 2011. that means for 4 years, most people didnt switch to att because of the iphone.
    kbz1960 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-18-15 08:55 AM
    I'm disappointed in the pathetic Facebook app that BlackBerry has given us
    Denise Painter likes this.
    08-18-15 09:22 AM
    Those make up like 50% of the US market? So that's 160 million phones out of approx 7 billion cell-phone subscriptions world-wide... so that's about 2%? The math is pretty rough but it's probably a decent guess.

Edit: Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._phones_in_use
    Last edited by Thorsten Heinsight; 08-18-15 at 09:45 AM.
    08-18-15 09:32 AM
    Again, we have to look how BBRY revenue is shifting. Latest results show North America as 43.3% of BBRY's revenue. they CANNOT afford to keep ignoring the US.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY-REV15q1.PNG 
Views:	325 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	367304

Remember when ATT had iphone exclusive? Now remember when that contract expired (2011) and Verizon started to carry the iphone? they [apple] more than doubled their sales in 2011. that means for 4 years, most people didnt switch to att because of the iphone.
    So the chart is where they are currently at, but what about the potential market? I doubt that north america would be the biggest potential market?
    08-18-15 09:33 AM
    I'm disappointed in the pathetic Facebook app that BlackBerry has given us
    Open Facebook in browser >>> hit the menu button >>> select "+Add to Homescreen" >>> Problems solved.
    Why use an app for something that doesn't need an app?
    Gajja, BerryRipe and DonTonyB like this.
    08-18-15 09:33 AM
    Those make up like 50% of the US market? So that's 160 million phones out of approx 7 billion cell-phone subscriptions world-wide (according to Google)... so that's about 2%? The math is pretty rough but it's probably a decent guess.
    CDMA has 25% share worldwide.
    CDMA vs GSM - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

but again, that doesnt matter. all the effort that BBRY has already put into direct sales, has backfired...
    q5, z3, leap... i mean why?!?
    they should stick with Classic Passport, and Z10 Z30... and upgrade the build quality, specs, camera, etc... like every other manufacturer is doing.. instead, they are wasting money putting new shells around z10, q10 specs for last 3+ years!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-18-15 09:42 AM
    CDMA has 25% share worldwide.
    CDMA vs GSM - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

but again, that doesnt matter. all the effort that BBRY has already put into direct sales, has backfired...
    q5, z3, leap... i mean why?!?
    they should stick with Classic Passport, and Z10 Z30... and upgrade the build quality, specs, camera, etc... like every other manufacturer is doing.. instead, they are wasting money putting new shells around z10, q10 specs for last 3+ years!
    I was taking a guess at the "percentage of the world smartphone market is Verizon, Sprint and USCellular all together" that Gajja requested, I have no idea how many other carriers use CDMA around the world.
    Your article has a good explanation of the differences but it does confuse me a little... the first line says "GSM and CDMA are competing wireless technologies with GSM enjoying about an 82% market share globally." but then it goes on to say that GSM has 75% and CDMA has 25%...?
    Gajja likes this.
    08-18-15 09:50 AM
    Those make up like 50% of the US market? So that's 160 million phones out of approx 7 billion cell-phone subscriptions world-wide... so that's about 2%? The math is pretty rough but it's probably a decent guess.

Edit: Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._phones_in_use
    So if Verizon, Sprint and USCellular all together make up about 2% of the world smartphone market I can see one reason BB would not be particularly concerned about those guys. Other parts of the world marketplace are probably looking like they offer more potential as low hanging fruit.
    08-18-15 10:02 AM
    So if Verizon, Sprint and USCellular all together make up about 2% of the world smartphone market I can see one reason BB would not be particularly concerned about those guys. Other parts of the world marketplace are probably looking like they offer more potential as low hanging fruit.
    and yet they were concerned about tmobile... lol
    Gajja and kbz1960 like this.
    08-18-15 10:06 AM
    Same with Best Buy. When I went to buy my Z10, the salesperson at Best Buy pushed Apple so hard on my I thought we were going to end up going at it right on the sales floor. He told me Blackberry was slower (it's not), less secure (HAHAHAHAHAH), ugly (please!), and going out of business so I would have no support for my phone. Here I am, a year and a half later with my Z10 that I ended up buying online, and while yes, there are some issues, one of those issues is not walking by a fountain near Wall Street and finding out later that my iPhone has been cloned - there are actually apps for that out there that anyone can get.

I don't know when or where Blackberry lost the magic, but I for one am still a believer, even with this latest crap of an OS update. If they can get the software right, they can get back on top eventually. I've had people sitting behind me on the bus suddenly say "Whoa! What phone is that?" I'd like my next one to be the Passport and get more of the whoa's.
    miker476 likes this.
    08-18-15 10:09 AM
    As someone who went from a z10 to a z30, it really is a huge upgrade

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:38 AM
    Before you think this is another rant, please hear me out.
    Since the launch of bb10, we really dont have an upgrade for cdma z10 people. The released z30 and classic. We had the leap, passport another passport and porsche designs.
    The venice is also looking to be a gsm phone, so I think its a safe bet to assume they dont really care.
    Crackberry has become a dying community and its a shame. I think KM knew it, by visits and site stats. Blaze may chime in if im totally off here.
    I realized this when my wifes z10 starting acting up and there is absolutely nothing she can get from BlackBerry as a decent upgrade. Z30 is just not up to par from what you can get on android.
    I hate to be a party pooper here, but im all about BlackBerry and will be with them to the end, but at the same time, im not surprised they are where they are - nowhere. They dont care about consumers that care for them.
    To be clear, by end I mean if and when they start bypassing verizon and other cdma carriers. There is no way im switching to att in chicago.

BlackBerry, I hope you are listening!

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    I feel totally disregarded by BlackBerry!
    I have had an 8330, a 9650, a 9930 a Z10 and a Z30. And that's where the line ends since my cdma carrier won't any anything else. I have recently picked up an Android and it has become my daily driver.

I don't want a pkb, i don't want a classic and my carrier doesn't offer a PAssport anyway.....
    Guess what? The LG G4 i got is fast, smooth, does everything i want it to do and ISN'T A BLACKBERRY!

I would have looked forward to a new slab phone if there had been some news....so Yes! Yes, Blackberry has let me down and i am really sorry to have to use something else as a daily driver but I want my NFL Mobile and i couldn't get that on my Z30.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-18-15 11:06 AM
    Let's say BlackBerry were to produce a CDMA variant and sold it through shopblackberry, would Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular even allow the variant on their network? Between Verizon and Sprint, are you able to bring devices between the two? AT&T and T-Mobile USA have no problem with accepting non-branded GSM devices since they sell SIM's. How would it work on Verizon and Sprint, where there are no SIM's? Can you take a CDMA device into Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular and have them add it to their "allowed devices" database?
    /thread*

*until 2016, maybe, when Verizon goes all-LTE with its new phone lineup. But I have full faith in their ability to come up with some new cockamamie reasons network certification protocols to exclude devices.
    08-18-15 11:19 AM
124 1234 ...