Open Facebook in browser >>> hit the menu button >>> select "+Add to Homescreen" >>> Problems solved.
    Why use an app for something that doesn't need an app?
    Why use an app? Maybe because the app allows me to receive push notifications. Maybe because the app allows me to swipe through multiple photos. The web version doesn't support any of these.

I have been using the web browser only because I have to in order to read replies to comments and view things that aren't showing up in the app.
    08-18-15 11:26 AM
    Thing is BlackBerry do sell phones in Canada, and still I see almost no advertising here either. No working store demos, no posters, no newspaper or TV ads. They are often not even prominently displayed in carrier stores (although at least they exist).

BB's marketing is basically non-existent. Perhaps they do more in some other places.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 12:26 PM
    Where is Verizons support or where is BlackBerry supporting Verizon? You don't seem to understand how this works. Verizon sells two BlackBerry phones, only keeps one in store (if you're lucky enough to find a Verizon store that stocks the Classic). The Classic sits off in the corner with no logo. The Verizon employees are paid to push Apple and Android. I walked in and said I want the BlackBerry Classic, the dude tried selling me a droid. He never even touched a BlackBerry until that day. Why the **** would BlackBerry go out of their way to support Verizon when Verizon doesn't support BlackBerry? You are .1% of the 1% market sales. I wouldn't go out of my way for you either. Not when the rest of the world uses GSM. Verizon needs to abandon CDMA.
    That sterotype about Americans being entitled is becoming more and more real everyday.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Worlds largest CDMA carrier is actually in China and Verizon is in the process of migrating away from CDMA with LTE. Verizon can't just abandon CDMA as you suggest, as that is used for 3G connections.

By the way, the 3G variant of GSM (UMTS) actually uses CDMA, which in many ways is superior to TDMA based GSM.

It's a fact that the American market is important to Blackberry's success, it's not a matter of entitlement. Your assertions are off base here.
    jaydee5799 and kbz1960 like this.
    08-18-15 12:57 PM
    BB is a great workhorse and absolutely the best when it comes to emails and work stuff which is the most use on my side. I see also the star (or is it a comet) of BB decline but I hope for the better. It still needs to improve the BB OS and to come on par with certain specific android applications to be ported to BB OS.

And its right BB is not doing any marketing and still selling their phones which rather speaks positive for them. In Europe (France, Germany, Italy) BB is basically not existent at all and hidden even in the stores, in the Arab world (Emirates, Qatar, GCC and Egypt) BB is still a status symbol and quite existent in the stores though no marketing at all as in Europe...

I assume BB need to do one key action : Make their phones special and distinct to get back to old status. As the key phones of the professionals and high ranking people... Then they will be back.

BB going Android will kill BB entirely and makes it just one out of sooo many vendors like Xiaomei.
    08-18-15 01:11 PM
    As of now no they won't. Only phones with their name on it. They do take a SIM for LTE. From what I understand LTE or a variant of it was supposed to eliminate the GSM CDMA thing but evidently it hasn't done that yet.
    You answered your own question about why BlackBerry is "ignoring" the CDMA carriers: They can't produce devices and get them on those networks without cooperation with those carriers *and* those carriers could care less about BlackBerry. (Yes, even Verizon, which probably said no to the Passport and AT&T got the exclusive.)

Until Verizon is all LTE, BlackBerry would be jumping the gun in trying to sell an LTE variant for Verizon on their own, even if that were possible (i.e. Verizon allows non-branded devices on their network.).
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-18-15 01:16 PM
    ikalinin, this is a rant, but I can't blame you. I posted my disappointments about BlackBerry on the Support Forum. I was called a troll and a loser. Their loss.

BlackBerry in America is a dying breed, unfortunately. I went into the Verizon store to get a SIM card for my Z10 last month, and eveything was Apple and Google. There was one little BlackBerry Classic in the corner by itself.

I think we all see the writing on the wall: taking away our email addresses, falling stock shares, relying on a competitor for apps, the issues you mentioned. There is an iPhone or Droid around every corner. BlackBerry needs to do more to be Number One again. They are a phenomenal OS/device, but no one knows it except for BlackBerry users.
    08-18-15 01:22 PM
    CDMA has 25% share worldwide.
    CDMA vs GSM - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

but again, that doesnt matter. all the effort that BBRY has already put into direct sales, has backfired...
    q5, z3, leap... i mean why?!?
    they should stick with Classic Passport, and Z10 Z30... and upgrade the build quality, specs, camera, etc... like every other manufacturer is doing.. instead, they are wasting money putting new shells around z10, q10 specs for last 3+ years!
    BlackBerry went into direct sales because customers here(!) said it would be a brilliant idea since local carriers weren't carrying BlackBerry's anymore. Sounds like BlackBerry shouldn't be listening to their customers!

BlackBerry used to just upgrade their devices while keeping the same form factor. Guess what? It totally screwed them over when the iPhone came out. Again, why should they be listening to customers like yourself?
    08-18-15 01:22 PM
    and yet they were concerned about tmobile... lol
    It was fanboys who demanded that BlackBerry end their relationship with T-Mobile! BlackBerry listened. Thank goodness they fixed the relationship... especially since the unlocked devices they were selling is most compatible with T-Mobile.

Listening to armchair-CEO's has gotten them in so much trouble!
    08-18-15 01:27 PM
    Open Facebook in browser >>> hit the menu button >>> select "+Add to Homescreen" >>> Problems solved.
    Why use an app for something that doesn't need an app?
    I recently switched back to my Z10 from an iPhone. iPhone has billions of apps, and I downloaded half of them (remember, I came from 3 consecutive BlackBerrys).

While you can use a mobile site and bookmark it for almost everything, that won't give you the nuances that come with apps: notifications, no need to sign in, ability to follow discussions, etc.

Also, some items, you have to have apps for. The mobile site won't work.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-18-15 01:31 PM
    As someone who went from a z10 to a z30, it really is a huge upgrade
    And the Z30 is currently on sale at shopblackberry for $249!
    08-18-15 01:31 PM
    It was fanboys who demanded that BlackBerry end their relationship with T-Mobile! BlackBerry listened. Thank goodness they fixed the relationship... especially since the unlocked devices they were selling is most compatible with T-Mobile.

Listening to armchair-CEO's has gotten them in so much trouble!
    Blackberry listened???????........................to their customers???????? and fanbois on crackberry???????

What alternate reality you been visiting? Bring enough for the whole class next time.
    kbz1960 and BerryRipe like this.
    08-18-15 01:32 PM
    You answered your own question about why BlackBerry is "ignoring" the CDMA carriers: They can't produce devices and get them on those networks without cooperation with those carriers *and* those carriers could care less about BlackBerry. (Yes, even Verizon, which probably said no to the Passport and AT&T got the exclusive.)

Until Verizon is all LTE, BlackBerry would be jumping the gun in trying to sell an LTE variant for Verizon on their own, even if that were possible (i.e. Verizon allows non-branded devices on their network.).
    Verizon is still of the old mindset.... their network, their support, their phones. Sadly that is why the Z30 is $500 if you want to buy one from them. But as long as people expect them "help" setup and fix issues with devices, then maybe they should be able to make a little of the devices.

As for a all LTE phone.... I imagine Verizon is going to be very slow in offering service to LTE Only devices. They'll be using CDMA as a way to keep people buying their phones for a long time to come.... and to try and keep them on their network.
    08-18-15 01:39 PM
    Blackberry listened???????........................to their customers???????? and fanbois on crackberry???????

What alternate reality you been visiting? Bring enough for the whole class next time.
    I didn't say "only" fanboys on CrackBerry. There was a whole effort by fanboys to tweet, write to BlackBerry, and start petitions to end BlackBerry's relationship with T-Mobile. BlackBerry did it. Whether BlackBerry actually "listened" to these fanboys or not, or did it of their own accord, it was a stupid idea and I'm sure these fanboys will never admit it.
    08-18-15 01:39 PM
    Verizon is still of the old mindset.... their network, their support, their phones. Sadly that is why the Z30 is $500 if you want to buy one from them. But as long as people expect them "help" setup and fix issues with devices, then maybe they should be able to make a little of the devices.

As for a all LTE phone.... I imagine Verizon is going to be very slow in offering service to LTE Only devices. They'll be using CDMA as a way to keep people buying their phones for a long time to come.... and to try and keep them on their network.
    This basically makes anyone's argument that BlackBerry can just produce devices for Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular, without the carriers' support, just ignorant of the system at play. If BlackBerry could sell devices on these carriers, they would.
    08-18-15 01:44 PM
    I didn't say "only" fanboys on CrackBerry. There was a whole effort by fanboys to tweet, write to BlackBerry, and start petitions to end BlackBerry's relationship with T-Mobile. BlackBerry did it. Whether BlackBerry actually "listened" to these fanboys or not, or did it of their own accord, it was a stupid idea and I'm sure these fanboys will never admit it.
    I just found it striking that someone (you), put the words........... Blackberry and listened..........in the same sentence.
    kbz1960 and BerryRipe like this.
    08-18-15 01:50 PM
    This basically makes anyone's argument that BlackBerry can just produce devices for Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular, without the carriers' support, just ignorant of the system at play. If BlackBerry could sell devices on these carriers, they would.
    And how did I make that argument??
    08-18-15 01:53 PM
    Can you take a CDMA device into Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular and have them add it to their "allowed devices" database?
    I read a while ago that Verizon phones are manufactured with specific IMEI numbers which are required for their activation system and even just for testing and certification. Maybe I interpreted it wrong but I read it as their is no real technical reason Verizon can't support outside phones that have proper LTE bands other than the fact that their system sees non Verizon IMEI numbers as being invalid.

Other CDMA devices should be invalid for the same reasons. I would think and assume.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-18-15 02:04 PM
    I just found it striking that someone (you), put the words........... Blackberry and listened..........in the same sentence.
    It's suprising how much BlackBerry listens...

RIM -> BlackBerry
    full slab, like Android/iPhone as first BB10
    direct sale of devices to customers
    drop T-Mobile
    Classic, ala Q10 with trackpad
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-18-15 02:12 PM
    And how did I make that argument??
    You didn't. It was a general comment saying that the reasons you stated make it unreasonable for people to say that BlackBerry is "ignoring" CDMA carriers.
    08-18-15 02:15 PM
    BlackBerry went into direct sales because customers here(!) said it would be a brilliant idea since local carriers weren't carrying BlackBerry's anymore. Sounds like BlackBerry shouldn't be listening to their customers!

BlackBerry used to just upgrade their devices while keeping the same form factor. Guess what? It totally screwed them over when the iPhone came out. Again, why should they be listening to customers like yourself?
    I dont think it matters where they sell them... the problem is they need to advertise and say that we're here, and this is what we have and what we do.

No, in the past BlackBerry was stuck with a great device and built around it. Then apple came out and started pushing apps. this is when blackberry should of caught on (like google did) and started building bb10, and maybe it would be different.

apple doesnt really do anything new.. they have 2 devices and upgrade camera and UI. and its pretty, people buy it.

Well, BBRY is pretty too, and on top of it, they can do a lot more.. but they are not managing things correctly.. When Vivek, Gadway left, i think it answered a lot of questions for people. i think Chen is going to dismantle the company and sell off their security patents. only time will tell.
    08-18-15 02:15 PM
    I read a while ago that Verizon phones are manufactured with specific IMEI numbers which are required for their activation system and even just for testing and certification. Maybe I interpreted it wrong but I read it as their is no real technical reason Verizon can't support outside phones that have proper LTE bands other than the fact that their system sees non Verizon IMEI numbers as being invalid.

Other CDMA devices should be invalid for the same reasons. I would think and assume.
    Wouldn't what you've read say that it would be ridiculous for Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular customers to think that BlackBerry could go at it alone in producing devices for those carriers? If the Passport isn't on Verizon, it's on Verizon, not BlackBerry, for the situation. Why do Verizon customers keep blaming BlackBerry?!
    08-18-15 02:21 PM
    It's suprising how much BlackBerry listens...

RIM -> BlackBerry
    full slab, like Android/iPhone as first BB10
    direct sale of devices to customers
    drop T-Mobile
    Classic, ala Q10 with trackpad
    You see that as BBRY listening and I see it as:

Rim > Blackberry - perhaps people will forget our phones suck
    Full slab like Android/Iphone - the people we fool above will overpay for an under spec'd, beta OS with no ecosystem
    Direct sale- well they aren't selling in the stores
    Drop T-Mobile - T-mobile telling BBRY to get their non selling devices out of store or compensate us for the loss of shelf space
    Q10- well the last phone we had that had any sales had a PKB and trackpad, lets try that again.

still not selling, well up your's folks you customers aren't are target market, we are an enterprise company.

But just in case we'll release an android cuz that's what the BBRY faithful have been asking for.
    08-18-15 02:35 PM
    You will still receive the push notifications as long as the app version is installed. Don't HAVE to use it. Web version doesn't swipe through photos.. you tap instead, not much more difficult. I use it only for the messenger honestly.
    08-18-15 02:41 PM
    I recently switched back to my Z10 from an iPhone. iPhone has billions of apps, and I downloaded half of them (remember, I came from 3 consecutive BlackBerrys).

While you can use a mobile site and bookmark it for almost everything, that won't give you the nuances that come with apps: notifications, no need to sign in, ability to follow discussions, etc.

Also, some items, you have to have apps for. The mobile site won't work.
    I definitely agree. There are situations where an app is really the only way. Facebook is a subject that we have seen come up for YEARS now yet we still have not and should not expect a proper app from blackberry at this point. You can save login information and use everything other than push notifications without the app. Simply keeping it installed fills the gap even if you don't use it. A better example of a pointless app is the Bank of America app....
    08-18-15 02:49 PM
    Wouldn't what you've read say that it would be ridiculous for Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular customers to think that BlackBerry could go at it alone in producing devices for those carriers? If the Passport isn't on Verizon, it's on Verizon, not BlackBerry, for the situation. Why do Verizon customers keep blaming BlackBerry?!
    Too be honest... I bet direct sales are eroding BlackBerry's limited Carrier support... without really offering much in the way of sales. How many prospective AT&T or T-Mobile customers already had the Passport or the Classic?
    08-18-15 02:56 PM
124 12345