Before you think this is another rant, please hear me out.
    Since the launch of bb10, we really dont have an upgrade for cdma z10 people. The released z30 and classic. We had the leap, passport another passport and porsche designs.
    The venice is also looking to be a gsm phone, so I think its a safe bet to assume they dont really care.
    Crackberry has become a dying community and its a shame. I think KM knew it, by visits and site stats. Blaze may chime in if im totally off here.
    I realized this when my wifes z10 starting acting up and there is absolutely nothing she can get from BlackBerry as a decent upgrade. Z30 is just not up to par from what you can get on android.
    I hate to be a party pooper here, but im all about BlackBerry and will be with them to the end, but at the same time, im not surprised they are where they are - nowhere. They dont care about consumers that care for them.
    To be clear, by end I mean if and when they start bypassing verizon and other cdma carriers. There is no way im switching to att in chicago.

BlackBerry, I hope you are listening!

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    gh_m likes this.
    08-17-15 09:13 PM
    I've used all BB10 devices, and was quite happy with them all, I'm using the SE Passport as of right now and I love this device even more. I'm not a big app user so I use it for email,text,bbm, and some other stuff.

I don't feel BlackBerry has let me down in any way. And as for CB I think it's still the number one site, yes there is a lot more joking around and rehab stuff now a days but it still great.

Bla1ze is doing a great job with his position and has also been interacting a lot more than most I've seen.

Crackberry #1

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 09:24 PM
    PS:
    If people having problems with there devices should listen to the long time members here and load some of the leaks, take a bit of control over your own device and see if you can make it be all it can be.

Done thanks.

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 09:26 PM
    Why would you post on Crackberry forums and expect BlackBerry to be listening to you? That shows a certain ignorance on your part.
    CDMA is used by Sprint and Verizon. Most BlackBerry phones are sold in other countries with the US far behind. So I can understand why they aren't making CDMA phones, only one carrier supports them.
    You staying with Verizon is your choice. You can switch and go somewhere else and in the process show Verizon what you think of their service.
    This should really be a rant about Verizon, not BlackBerry. Not that anybody needs another I hate BlackBerry rant on an ask for help about BlackBerry forum.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    moyah8, lift, zyxxiforr and 8 others like this.
    08-17-15 09:45 PM
    Since the launch of bb10, we really dont have an upgrade for cdma z10 people. The released z30 and classic. We had the leap, passport another passport and porsche designs.
    The venice is also looking to be a gsm phone, so I think its a safe bet to assume they dont really care.
    Crackberry has become a dying community and its a shame. I think KM knew it, by visits and site stats. Blaze may chime in if im totally off here.
    I realized this when my wifes z10 starting acting up and there is absolutely nothing she can get from BlackBerry as a decent upgrade. Z30 is just not up to par from what you can get on android.
    I hate to be a party pooper here, but im all about BlackBerry and will be with them to the end, but at the same time, im not surprised they are where they are - nowhere. They dont care about consumers that care for them.
    To be clear, by end I mean if and when they start bypassing verizon and other cdma carriers. There is no way im switching to att in chicago.

Totally with you on that! In Chicago here too and really want the slider. Been a Verizon customer for 10 years but and always said I would never jump carriers to get what I want. This will put me to the test! I may just have to go with AT&T to get what I want since Verizon offers little to no support for BB. Not saying that AT&T is much better.

If I were in the position that BB is in now, I would offer the slider to ALL carriers. None of this picking and choosing. It's no wonder one can move any devices like that. I know that the carrier has to show interest and offer support for what is offered but it seems that Verizon misses out on everything, or they get the low end of what is offered
    08-17-15 09:50 PM
    Why would you post on Crackberry forums and expect BlackBerry to be listening to you? That shows a certain ignorance on your part.
    CDMA is used by Sprint and Verizon. Most BlackBerry phones are sold in other countries with the US far behind. So I can understand why they aren't making CDMA phones, only one carrier supports them.
    You staying with Verizon is your choice. You can switch and go somewhere else and in the process show Verizon what you think of their service.
    This should really be a rant about Verizon, not BlackBerry. Not that anybody needs another I hate BlackBerry rant on an ask for help about BlackBerry forum.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. That is what these forums are for. Doesn't necessarily have to be a rant about Verizon, especially when there have been statements by JC in the past that Verizon is showing their support. Where are they now?
    shupor likes this.
    08-17-15 09:55 PM
    Where is Verizons support or where is BlackBerry supporting Verizon? You don't seem to understand how this works. Verizon sells two BlackBerry phones, only keeps one in store (if you're lucky enough to find a Verizon store that stocks the Classic). The Classic sits off in the corner with no logo. The Verizon employees are paid to push Apple and Android. I walked in and said I want the BlackBerry Classic, the dude tried selling me a droid. He never even touched a BlackBerry until that day. Why the **** would BlackBerry go out of their way to support Verizon when Verizon doesn't support BlackBerry? You are .1% of the 1% market sales. I wouldn't go out of my way for you either. Not when the rest of the world uses GSM. Verizon needs to abandon CDMA.
    That sterotype about Americans being entitled is becoming more and more real everyday.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 10:07 PM
    I am not disappointed in BlackBerry

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 10:16 PM
    Exactly guys!

BlackBerry needs to advertise!!!
    If Toyota didnt push incentives, dealers wouldn't sell as many cars! Thats how it all works.

Im not talking about gsm phones, BlackBerry fills the gap there and provides options for gsm people. Im strictly talking about us cdma folks. You can blame BlackBerry for their lack of advertising and cdma support.

And I didnt knock on cb. Just seeing a slow down, just like I am seeing with BlackBerry. Thats not ignorance, thats an observation.

08-17-15 10:18 PM
    Exactly guys!

BlackBerry needs to advertise!!!
    If Toyota didnt push incentives, dealers wouldn't sell as many cars! Thats how it all works.

Im not talking about gsm phones, BlackBerry fills the gap there and provides options for gsm people. Im strictly talking about us cdma folks. You can blame BlackBerry for their lack of advertising and cdma support.

And I didnt knock on cb. Just seeing a slow down, just like I am seeing with BlackBerry. Thats not ignorance, thats an observation.

You can absolutely blame BlackBerry for not marketing, that is why they aren't selling.
    You can't blame them for not making different versions of a phone that doesn't sell just for Verizon users. Do you think the lack of sales for the Z10, Z30 and Classic would have anything to do with BlackBerry's decision to not invest more $ just for Verizon? You should think that because that's why they don't.
    And you thought someone from BlackBerry would take the time to read posts on CB, that's where the ignorance took place.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-17-15 10:24 PM
    I am really disappointed that BlackBerry doesn't have phones on Verizon as I am too a Verizon customer; however I know if Verizon said, "Hey we would like to carry this particular phone", I think BlackBerry would work with them. I do not think it is solely a BlackBerry issue. As a result I am considering to go to AT&T for a bit so I can get a Passport. A carrier is a carrier is a carrier. They should work to offer as many different brands and models as possible. I just can't imagine BlackBerry saying, Nah we won't do that. If there is no demand though what should they do? The should go where the love is.
    08-17-15 10:27 PM
    I think you underestimate the Z30. Look at most androids. They are comparable to the Z30 in speaks and features, except for those phones with the very high end specs. I have the Z30 and it is a great phone. I want the Passport though. I think Verizon has something to do with it not being offered.
    Gajja likes this.
    08-17-15 10:31 PM
    You can absolutely blame BlackBerry for not marketing, that is why they aren't selling.
    You can't blame them for not making different versions of a phone that doesn't sell just for Verizon users. Do you think the lack of sales for the Z10, Z30 and Classic would have anything to do with BlackBerry's decision to not invest more $ just for Verizon? You should think that because that's why they don't.
    And you thought someone from BlackBerry would take the time to read posts on CB, that's where the ignorance took place.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    The facts are that BlackBerry isnt selling phones, period.
    They dont know how many cdma passports they would sell, and cant possibly assume anything.
    You really think they sold more z10s on att than vzw?
    Z30 only came to vzw and not att... with that logic, they sold more z10s on vzw...
    So what changed in terms of vzw?!

08-17-15 10:37 PM
    I think you underestimate the Z30. Look at most androids. They are comparable to the Z30 in speaks and features, except for those phones with the very high end specs. I have the Z30 and it is a great phone. I want the Passport though. I think Verizon has something to do with it not being offered.
    Not at all. Ive owned every bb10 device on vzw. But the market still needs the 4.x" devices.

08-17-15 10:39 PM
    Simple economics.... BB simply does not sell in the US.,... thus much of their marketing goes to emerging economies like Indonesia where BB is still popular... seeing how shoddy US carriers treat BB... not surprised BB does exclusives... especially ATT as they have a many corporate accounts... do remember... if you are a consumer... do not expect to see much in support or advertising... welcome to the wonderful world of niche markets....
    Blacklatino and Gajja like this.
    08-17-15 10:44 PM
    Where is Verizons support or where is BlackBerry supporting Verizon? You don't seem to understand how this works. Verizon sells two BlackBerry phones, only keeps one in store (if you're lucky enough to find a Verizon store that stocks the Classic). The Classic sits off in the corner with no logo. The Verizon employees are paid to push Apple and Android. I walked in and said I want the BlackBerry Classic, the dude tried selling me a droid. He never even touched a BlackBerry until that day. Why the **** would BlackBerry go out of their way to support Verizon when Verizon doesn't support BlackBerry? You are .1% of the 1% market sales. I wouldn't go out of my way for you either. Not when the rest of the world uses GSM. Verizon needs to abandon CDMA.
    That sterotype about Americans being entitled is becoming more and more real everyday.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    You're just as lucky finding the att passport in att.
    Americans and entitled!? What are you talking about!?
    Did you see how BlackBerry revenue is shifting to to NA now!? It needs NA more and more.

Even take QNX, car manufacturers are advertising apple play and android compatibility and not even mentioning its BlackBerry's QNX powering it... BlackBerry needs to do something about this, not anyone else.

08-17-15 10:45 PM
    How many I am disappoint to BlackBerry?

1. Phone app lag (slow when check balance, slow when launch a call, slow / delayed when receive incoming calls. Noticed it much since OS 10.3.2.
    After finished make a call, finished receive incoming calls, or hang up the phone, go to dial pad and type numbers, or type messages, it will lag first
    2. Lack of update of popular apps. WeChat is not as good as WhatsApp BlackBerry, WeChat doesn't has stickers available to be downloaded. Facebook BlackBerry is still behind of Facebook Android. Maybe developers switch to Android or iOS, don't concern to BlackBerry again
    3. Update OS sometimes look too slow or long, need approved by carrier first

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Nikidroid; 08-17-15 at 11:28 PM.
    08-17-15 10:54 PM
    Verizon, Sprint and USCellular are all CDMA carriers.

? Wireless carrier market share subscriptions United States 2011-2015 | Statistic

If BlackBerry wants to ignore those users I guess that's up to them, doesn't seem like a very smart move to ignore 50% of the market but I guess they don't don't sell here anyway. So why are they even bothering with AT&T?
    08-17-15 11:12 PM
    The facts are that BlackBerry isnt selling phones, period.
    They dont know how many cdma passports they would sell, and cant possibly assume anything.
    You really think they sold more z10s on att than vzw?
    Z30 only came to vzw and not att... with that logic, they sold more z10s on vzw...
    So what changed in terms of vzw?!

Dude, att is GSM they don't have to invest more $ in making a different phone with that technology bc the rest of the world uses the same. The issue lies solely on Verizons insistence on being different.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Jiggy1971 and zyxxiforr like this.
    08-17-15 11:21 PM
    Your comment about the Z30 not being an upgrade from the Z10 is off base. It is more feature rich both with it's physical specs and its software capabilities. Does it have a quad core? no and that is why I will be moving from Verizon to get me a Passport.
    Gajja likes this.
    08-17-15 11:34 PM
    I'm that kind of person who appreciates flowing energies; sort of like in the Honda advertisement "The Cog". The signature line: "Isn't it nice when things just... work?" Well, that wasn't exactly true with my BlackBerry adventure. But - the Z10 achieved the previously unimaginable thing; I completely lost any interest in phones. And not because everything is slick and self-evident. Far from it. It's because I'm tired of finding alternative solutions to a given issue. My IT buddies run circles with burning hair when they (together with me) trying to figure out how to connect my precious phone to my computer, but since the 10.3.1 update we are unable to find the reason/cause. No BBLink, no Blend, nothing. Literally, from the entire BlackBerry environment NOTHING works for me, except for the phone itself. So I'm using it as an info/communication tool (browsing, email/hub, and basically nothing else). No games, no navi, etc.

Yet my old Samsung Wave does everything in a transparent and seamless way. Its crappy small browser is absolutely no match for the BB/Zeus, but it does pretty much everything I have the priorities for. I'm still using it every day. Happily.

Do I like to use the BlackBerry Z10? Yes! The OS is great and the whole BlackBerry experience is very unique, smooth and mostly logical. Yet it's so incomplete that it never allows me to be satisfied or even fall in love with it. But I respect it.

What's gonna be my next? Dunno. NOT a droid, that's for sure. I'd be interested in a true Tizen flagship, but it won't happen. So maybe a comprehensively new, fully up-to-date BB11 OS would be great! It certainly looks better than 10.4 already...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 01:09 AM
    Marketing (advertising) and high spec full touch are my two gripes.

Having said that, the people running and working at BlackBerry are just humans, not gods. Hindsight is a fantastic thing.
    As things stand right now, I still use and enjoy what I believe is the greatest product on the market for me, my awesome Blackberry, with all its faults. Believe ;-)
    ikalinin, KemKev and BerryRipe like this.
    08-18-15 01:50 AM
    Verizon, Sprint and USCellular are all CDMA carriers.

? Wireless carrier market share subscriptions United States 2011-2015 | Statistic

If BlackBerry wants to ignore those users I guess that's up to them, doesn't seem like a very smart move to ignore 50% of the market but I guess they don't don't sell here anyway. So why are they even bothering with AT&T?
    Let's say BlackBerry were to produce a CDMA variant and sold it through shopblackberry, would Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular even allow the variant on their network? Between Verizon and Sprint, are you able to bring devices between the two? AT&T and T-Mobile USA have no problem with accepting non-branded GSM devices since they sell SIM's. How would it work on Verizon and Sprint, where there are no SIM's? Can you take a CDMA device into Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular and have them add it to their "allowed devices" database?
    raino likes this.
    08-18-15 04:33 AM
    Get a GSM carrier like the rest of the world, and your problem is solved.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and rayporsche like this.
    08-18-15 05:13 AM

Z30 is the phone for me. It doesn't need the hardware to run BB10. I don't find it lacking at all and in fact, when I try a Windows 10 or Android device, I find them lacking to my Z30.
    extisis and Toodeurep like this.
    08-18-15 06:23 AM
124 123 ...