Hi.
    Now i have a Nokia C2 - is not a touch phone, it has keys. So, with it in locked mode, i need to press 2 buttons to have access to it & then i only need to press one key to dial a no. i have set for that key. In total, 3 keys pressed.
    My question for you is: in how many swipes do you get to call a favorite no ? I ask this because i consider a BB phone & A10 / Z30 is a natural choice, due to its dimensions - i love 5'' phones, since i have big paws. Added security for this OS is a bonus. (i saw 10.2 got certified the highest level of security by DARPA / whatever guvern agency).
    Also after pressing the 2 keys to wake the phone, i press the dial key & i have access to the history of all calls - from which, of course, i can choose whomever to call. Again, in how many steps this can be done in OS 10.2 ?
    My respect to RIM / BB for their work.
    08-12-13 01:54 PM
    Swipe up to unlock, then press call button - Will have all recent calls listed as well as fav numbers above.
    Hope this helps
    Thrac Dark likes this.
    08-12-13 02:01 PM
    Swipe up to unlock, click the phone icon, it will show recent calls, but give the option to dial or contact list. Select either and appropriately select contact or dial # then you will be making a call. If you choose a contact, you will press the # you wish to dial, then commence call. It sounds like a lot, but really very simple.
    08-12-13 02:03 PM
    I long press the button on my Plantronics Voyager headset and say, "Call [name]." So, I guess that's two, (1) press button and (2) speak! I realize that may not be what you were after, but there are quick alternatives without fumbling for the phone at all.
    08-12-13 02:11 PM
    Swipe to unlock, open universal search, type in "call 'name," click and done.
    Three steps.
    08-12-13 02:30 PM
    I had the wrong impression that i need more than 2-3 movements to call a no. Nonetheless, thank you for your quick & clear reply.
    Now moving to waiting state / joining the waiting list for A10.
    2ndHalfCor - i am happy it works for you to dial by voice. It won't work for me definitely due to noisy environments i get by.
    08-12-13 02:31 PM
    Or

1-Swipe to unlock
    2-Hold in "play" button in the side for voice recognition, and just say "call so-and-so"

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-12-13 02:32 PM
    I push the phone button on my steering wheel and say "call xxx".
    Ok seriously, swipe and type "call xxx" and click when "xxx".-info comes up. Or several of the other ways already described.
    08-12-13 04:28 PM
    I count three steps if you have to dial. If it's a frequent number you deal with it would be in your call log anyway so that would be three.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 10:48 PM