I use mine all the time for movies and presentations. It is awesome!
    09-16-13 06:57 PM
    I have been testing the HDMI-Out on my new Q10 (had it just over a week now)

Tomorrow will be the first time I have used it in anger (Presentation to colleagues) - it is an experiment for which, unfortunately, I have low expectations

I've been using my PlayBook for HDMI Presentations for over two years now - and to be honest, I think I will be going back to the PlayBook and Bold9900 combo - tomorrow is just trying out the new gadget in front of a few colleagues

Using the PlayBook and Bold9900 I can attach the PB to the big screeen (often at the other end of a conference room) and use/hold the Bold (wirelessly!) as the presenter gizmo (eg forward and back for the slides)

All I have managed to do so far with the Q10 is hold it in my hand - with a very long wire going to the screen (cumbersome - and inhibits moving around)

Hopefully, someone on here will tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to more slickly present with a Q10!
    09-16-13 07:00 PM
    It's great for sharing pictures, watching netflix, YouTube, etc. Oh ya and for presentations.

Z10, 10.2.0.1725
    I thought there was no Netflix on BlackBerry. Do you mean playon. This thread is making want to buy the cable. What footage do people recommend

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:09 PM

Tomorrow will be the first time I have used it in anger (Presentation to colleagues) - it is an experiment for which, unfortunately, I have low expectations

I've been using my PlayBook for HDMI Presentations for over two years now - and to be honest, I think I will be going back to the PlayBook and Bold9900 combo - tomorrow is just trying out the new gadget in front of a few colleagues

Using the PlayBook and Bold9900 I can attach the PB to the big screeen (often at the other end of a conference room) and use/hold the Bold (wirelessly!) as the presenter gizmo (eg forward and back for the slides)

All I have managed to do so far with the Q10 is hold it in my hand - with a very long wire going to the screen (cumbersome - and inhibits moving around)

Hopefully, someone on here will tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to more slickly present with a Q10!
    This is what I imagine and why I haven't tried it yet

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:11 PM
    Very often. None of my televisions are network enabled, so it's a great way to stream content. Plus, sitting in the living room with the BT keyboard and mouse beats standing around, holding the phone.

Posted via CB10
    You can control the z10 with a bt keyboard and mouse?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:12 PM
    I'm a teacher and I use it all the time in the classroom.

Posted via CB10
    Me too...how do you use it, just curious.

I WISH my room had Hdmi inputs.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:13 PM
    Use it for Netflix movies and series and also for NFL games, and Al Jazeera Sport La Liga and Champions League matches! It's super and makes life easier!

Posted via CB10
    Via nfl app? Is it free?

What other sports are people doing this with, and are they free or pay?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:16 PM
    Again, use it all the time, mainly for videos, but often pair a Wii remote to the phone and play old snes games. Can't beat them.

Posted via CB10
    This sounds cool as shhhhhhh

How do I do this?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:17 PM
    Never have and probably never will.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:20 PM
    Can you really play games on the screen while hooked up to Hdmi? Is it awkward with the cord in the way? What about controls? Can you really get the benefit of the screen if you are having to loon at the phone to control ie play the game?

Not trolling
    ...just genuinely curious before I buy a micro hd cable

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:31 PM
    Using all the time for watching YouTube

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:32 PM
    I use mine all the time as well - Games, sharing pictures and videos of my son when my parents come over and watching movies on the 52in lcd as blackberry world is often cheaper than verizon and amazon for new release movies.
    09-16-13 07:41 PM
    I thought there was no Netflix on BlackBerry. Do you mean playon. This thread is making want to buy the cable. What footage do people recommend

Posted via CB10
    Netflix side loaded works very well, has for a while.

As for cable length, it will depend on how and where you use the device. I have 6 foot and 25 foot cables. (A total of $30 from my local Canada Computers store. )
    09-16-13 07:51 PM
    Can you really play games on the screen while hooked up to Hdmi? Is it awkward with the cord in the way? What about controls? Can you really get the benefit of the screen if you are having to loon at the phone to control ie play the game?

Not trolling
    ...just genuinely curious before I buy a micro hd cable

Posted via CB10
    Unless you have absolutely dreadful hand-eye coordination or just generally can't wrap your brain around using it that way, it's fine for games. The HDMI could be in a better spot but that all depends on what type of games you're playing really.
    09-16-13 08:35 PM
    Haven't used mine yet I do foresee myself using it at some point.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:39 PM
    BlackBerry Smartphone > Samsung Smart TV.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:45 PM
    Once..

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:52 PM
    I use mine to watch movies and show photos. Definitely needed.
    09-16-13 08:57 PM

I'm not understanding what your issue would be. Bridge remote still has presenter mode. See below

How many people have used the HDMI out on BB10 devices?-img_00000352.png

How many people have used the HDMI out on BB10 devices?-img_00000353.png
    You can still use your Playbook, but the person who wired the projector should have run a cord to the podium. Not to mention, there's an adapter you can use to connect to a standard HDMI cable. Dont let the faults of someone else dampen your experience. I'm sure the Q10 Bridge has presentation mode.
    Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:35 PM
    it is useless for those who have no use for it. But obviously, there are many who find use for it. I use it for presentations. I use it for watching videos i recorded on my Q10 or Z10. That HDMI connection works wonders for me....
    09-16-13 09:36 PM
    I use it all the time! It is excellent to hook up to the TV when using Youtube app, Crackle App, Bell TV app and when renting videos from BlackBerry World. I have not used my Satellite nearly as much since using the HDMI cable hook up.
    09-16-13 10:02 PM
    i use it for games and for movies
    09-16-13 10:21 PM
    I use it quite often, very cool feature
    09-16-13 10:37 PM
    Put me down as a yes. Never played any games, but for movies and presentations.
    09-16-13 10:56 PM
    I use it, nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:31 PM
324 ... 45678 ...