*cringe*

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    ...why 'cringe'?...use a good Bluetooth controller, and you have one of the world's smallest HD gaming consoles...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    09-10-14 01:12 PM
    I'm not sure I quite get the issue you're having. I watch movies on the Q10 using the hdmi and the image is in it's native resolution on the TV. No stretching. Make sure you're using the "PlayOn" option.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    I have downloaded movies with BBWorld. I tried to play a movie using "playon", and to the untrained eye, there would be no issue. But there is a slight amount of distortion in the frame that is not a result of the TV or getting any settings wrong. I've brought this up before and I've gotten confirmation of similar issues from other forum members. The distortion didn't bother my family, but it bothered me so much that I had to stop the movie and order it again through my cable provider (fixing the problem).

Though it could have been an isolated issue with BBworld movies and not the actual bb10 hdmi output.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:20 PM
    Use it a lot

From Zarafet my Z30.
    09-10-14 01:29 PM
    I have downloaded movies with BBWorld. I tried to play a movie using "playon", and to the untrained eye, there would be no issue. But there is a slight amount of distortion in the frame that is not a result of the TV or getting any settings wrong. I've brought this up before and I've gotten confirmation of similar issues from other forum members. The distortion didn't bother my family, but it bothered me so much that I had to stop the movie and order it again through my cable provider (fixing the problem).

Though it could have been an isolated issue with BBworld movies and not the actual bb10 hdmi output.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. Good to know.
    I just tested up my movies, but don't have BBworld Movies to test.
    Couldn't find any distortion. I imagine that it's just my "untrained" eye. Or maybe, I'm guessing it might be an issue with BBWorld movies, or maybe the OS version.
    Whatever the issue, I hope it's fixed soon for those of you experiencing it.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    09-10-14 01:44 PM
    Use mine for work all the time!

I'm a fitness instructor, Instruct Spinning classes twice a week. For the class I make my own music playlists and plug my phone into the TV behind me, with the music playing and artwork on the screen.
    Z10/ and now my Z30 have never let me down yet!

Works really well! Also just one more reason that I won't be leaving BB10 anytime soon.

Although I'll be unhappy if there's no Z30 replacement in early 2015, even a Z10 replacement would do me. Just do not want a Qwerty ever again!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 03:27 PM
    Quite a few times. At first for games, but later on for showing travel pics or videos.
    09-10-14 05:24 PM
    I use it for Netflix all the time.

CB10 on Z10 AT&T STL 100-3 OS 10.3.0.1052 Vote for Z10 http://www.phonedog.com/rankings/smartphones
    09-10-14 07:25 PM
    Yes, a fair bit but I use DLNA too when available.

Both work great.

Z10
    09-10-14 08:14 PM
    Use it all the time...it especially came in handy when the cable at my hotel went for a dump...jumped on BlackBerry Link, and streamed a few movies from home to the TV via the HDMI

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    09-10-14 08:25 PM
    Just got my micro hdmi cable from crackberry on mon, I will get some use watching movies and youtube
    09-10-14 08:25 PM
    I used mine for viewing movies from BB World, watching videos taken on the phone, and a slideshow of photos all through the big screen TV. I should try it with games. I think other phones are remiss in not having hdmi.
    09-10-14 09:16 PM
    I use it for presentations at school, and to show pics to my entire family (if I'm over at an aunt or uncle's house etc). On occasion I'll use it for games (connected to my Moga Pro). Super useful, imo.
    09-10-14 10:42 PM
    Cut the chord, but I'm a sports fan, so I use it quite frequently to put ESPN3 on my TVs with the Playbook. I'll also add that the Playbook does it better than when I use it on the Fire HD. On the Fire the screen truncates (somewhat of a letterbox) and the permanent little tab never goes away on the screen.

So, yes and always on the Playbook. Heck watching the Spain vs France FIBA replay as I type this with this method.
    09-11-14 01:15 AM
    Me for showbox / Netflix before I got a chrome cast

Worked alright, very hit and miss I'd say with the hdmi cables, films would start crackling for no reason and sound quality was up and down..... all resolved just by taking the cable out and putting it back in but still an annoyance.

Personally i would recommend using Miracast or another device like chrome instead of hdmi cables.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:55 AM
    Games, movies, YouTube videos with friends. Etc

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    09-11-14 02:58 AM
    I have, a few times. The HDMI out is simply not good enough for watching movies, however. My Q10 slightly distorts the image by stretching it wider than what is natural, and this is enough for me to not want to have anything to do with it (being a filmmaker, these things bother me a lot).

It's nice for music, though, especially in hotel rooms.

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 is not stretching it, your tv is. Turn off the option that makes any input into it widescreen, leave it on the setting that keeps the source aspect ratio...
    09-12-14 07:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hm, I pretty much almost always notice distortion. It's why I can't stand watching movies shot on cameras made by GoPro... I've never noticed any distortion in the videos I've played using my Q10 onto a tv...
    09-12-14 07:04 PM
    I don't use it. I don't see the purpose.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:45 PM
    I use it all the time at the cottage. I don't have cable there, so I stream netflix to my phone and plug into the TV.
    09-12-14 10:27 PM
    I used it recently to stream vacation pictures to my mother's TV for a slide show of our trip.

Z10
    09-21-14 07:37 AM
    I used it a couple times, not out of utility or anything but just for the sake of using it.

Videos on a big tv screen don't show up in better resolution or anything they just show up as a stretched version of the tiny 4.2" screen so it's pretty much worthless for watching anything longer than a short youtube video
    09-21-14 04:03 PM
    Very frequently. I'm at a loss as to why they aren't including HDMI with the Passport and Classic ?.

Most likely posted via CB10 from my amazing Z30, but may have been posted from my awesome PlayBook.
    09-23-14 07:14 AM
    I use it often.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    09-23-14 09:02 AM
    Very frequently. I'm at a loss as to why they aren't including HDMI with the Passport and Classic ?.

Most likely posted via CB10 from my amazing Z30, but may have been posted from my awesome PlayBook.
    Look up slimport.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-23-14 09:33 AM
    I use it to play movies in hotel rooms (those that don't block use of Hotel hdmi input on true tv's), play movies & videos at home, and to run PowerPoint presentations during meetings. Easier than carrying around a laptop.

Posted via CB10 using a white Z30.
    09-23-14 11:57 PM
324 ... 10111213