I can't believe BB has allowed the situation to go on this long. I've got no problem with pulling the plug on their previous content supplier and switching to Amazon - but actually do it! Using leaked OS' is not a solution for everyone and BB has left those remaining high and dry. Official 10.3.1 in February?! There's no reason it couldn't have been released already.
    12-18-14 10:20 AM
    You do know you can just download Amazon store now ?
    You don't have to wait for 10.3.1
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-18-14 10:28 AM
    "No reason it couldn't have been released yet?"

There are a number of reasons, BB marketing wanting to sell the new units (a natural business practice), THEN releasing the update for "legacy devices", making sure the update is ready for release for "legacy devices", just to name the first two gorillas in the room.

The update is coming, be patient, and we will all be having a "second Christmas" when it is finally released.
    12-18-14 10:30 AM
    Just download the amazon store app lol

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:40 AM
    Well you learn something new every day. My goof. Where and how is the Amazon app store available for download - I don't see it in BB world.
    12-18-14 10:46 AM
    Neglecting existing customers to pump up sales to new customers is a poor practice. I'd say it doesn't help BB's reputation or sales pitch if they become known for sluggish updates. If you're on board with BB you should be treated the same - period.
    devin266 likes this.
    12-18-14 10:50 AM
    Well you learn something new every day. My goof. Where and how is the Amazon app store available for download - I don't see it in BB world.
    Here you are: UK Amazon Appstore
    Make sure you allowed external apps to be installed from settings.
    I've been using it for months :P
    sjwpenney likes this.
    12-18-14 10:54 AM
    "No reason it couldn't have been released yet?"

There are a number of reasons, BB marketing wanting to sell the new units (a natural business practice), THEN releasing the update for "legacy devices", making sure the update is ready for release for "legacy devices", just to name the first two gorillas in the room.

The update is coming, be patient, and we will all be having a "second Christmas" when it is finally released.
    Do not call 1Gen BB10 devices as "legacy"..
    Legacy devices use BB OS7 not BB10!
    12-18-14 11:09 AM
    And as for music, don't you have 7digital?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-19-14 07:36 AM
    You were correct to be pissed. If it isn't in BlackBerry World it doesn't count. Full stop. I wanted to get something to watch and I have to go everywhere. Could have left the 7digital up in the meantime. Poor *** planning on blackberry's part. Anyone who says different has low standards.

Posted with Z30
    01-02-15 11:15 PM
    Does amazon appstore update all apps automatically? Or like snap where you invoke the apps one by one to update? Hate that really.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:31 PM
    And as for music, don't you have 7digital?
    7Digital has been a supplier of music to the BlackBerry folks for a while, but they've insisted on providing a really crappy (very slow, buggy, limited music selection) Android port. That's been the extent of their commitment to BlackBerry 10.

Want a good laugh? Have a look at HMV's app for BB10. Other than the colour pink, it's EXACTLY THE SAME app as 7digital's. Just as crappy and everything.

At this point, I buy from iTunes, and copy music files to my BB.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:43 PM
    You do know you can just download Amazon store now ?
    You don't have to wait for 10.3.1
    You can buy music through the Amazon Appstore ?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:49 PM
    I am a BlackBerry fan. However it does irrigate me that I can't watch amazon prime movies on my passport. I can't understand how they have this agreement with amazon and not allow a BlackBerry user to watch movies.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:45 PM
    You can buy music through the Amazon Appstore ?

Posted via CB10
    That would be a great big NO and if anyone tells you to load the amazon Music app it doesn't exist even for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 what a joke BlackBerry

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2072
    01-20-15 09:02 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the comments. Another question - where can I buy and download movies to save to my SD card like I used to on BlackBerry World ? Amazon seems to only permit unlimited streaming when you "buy" a movie.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:19 AM
    That would be a great big NO and if anyone tells you to load the amazon Music app it doesn't exist even for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 what a joke BlackBerry

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2072
    I thought so. I REALLY wish BlackBerry would come clean and address our inability to buy music and movies. Feels like we've been left out high and dry.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:33 AM