I 2nd those who think RIM should just release the 4.5" mini playbook smartphone exclusivly for the launch. Make sure it's premium thru and thru, no glitzes and running at an optimum BB OS10. And PUSH it and market to rival the iphone and Evo's and Galaxys'. THEN return to the BlackBerry base of users with the best OS10 Bold they can concieve and then maybe just one more (Blade?) . Bottom line, they need a WOW device that can compete asap against Apple, HTC and Samsung. Otherwise, the other devices will be just for us BlackBerry lovers, and RIM's stock will be around $15.00-$20 a share still. RIM's future is already six months too late.
    03-25-12 01:46 PM
    @ deRusett: you've said way to much to quote you so i think ill just say that majority of the time i agree with you but this time i think we might differ.

you obviously have the years of experience and the years of following RIM closely to know all this and i know i am just 'new' to the whole RIM thing so i wont talk about stuff i truly don't know for fact but i will talk about what i have seen and hear people talk about. so that all being said....

At launch RIM will launch only one BB10 and it will be an all touch device and i think that is not the way to go. i know a lot of you will disagree with me but hear me out here.
    yes the market is all about touch devices and that is what people want but i think their first phone should be a Bold/Curve type device and ill tell you why.

The QWERTY type phone is what people know RIM/BB to be and they need to stick with that! RIM needs to be like "look guys we know what we are doing and we know what our following wants and we are going to give it to them." RIM needs to keep the customers they have and bring back the people that left before they go out looking to hook new fish. Once they have the QWERTY phone out and selling then bring in the touch screen to make everyone else happy.

From talking to my friends down-south (term we have up here for everywhere that's not here) a lot of them were not happy with the 9860/9850. RIM dropped the ball on that and need more time to recover from it. I'm sure they have the ability to do it, just look at the PB, they just need to fine tune it, which takes time and time they don't have. They need to keep and bring back their followers now.

When it comes to what models they should have again I say three. 1)QWERTY. 2)Touch. 3)Slider. Yes they can have different variations of these devices based on price and processor but they should stick with these three builds. They should also make all three models 'world phones'. LTE is the best way to go right now due to the fact that it does pick up on any GSM network that is available so its good all over. They should also have an option built in for people to switch it to a CDMA tower if need be. Living up here I've seen so much frustration with peoples phones that wont work here and reps not knowing the difference causing the customer hundreds of dollars.

last thing is they need to change the names as well. The Bold,Curve,Torch,Style,Pearl are all associated with the 'old RIM'. RIM is reinventing its self with BB10 and need to do so in every way possible. The name Blade is great for the slider. Like I've said i also like the name Phoenix, possibly for the QWERTY form. And something else for the touch screen form.

As always, IMO.
    03-25-12 05:04 PM
    As much as I love the QWERTY the full touch is what people want. . .I say get a full touch 4in screen out there and then a slider out a bit later. . . different screen sizes might be a problem for app developers but with all the support RIM is starting to give developers it won't be much of a problem at all. . .I love the Bold from factor but I guess I can hold out for one if it mean keeping RIM in the sites of the masses. . .lol
    03-25-12 06:26 PM
    At launch RIM will launch only one BB10 and it will be an all touch device and i think that is not the way to go. i know a lot of you will disagree with me but hear me out here.
    yes the market is all about touch devices and that is what people want but i think their first phone should be a Bold/Curve type device and ill tell you why.

Now I WOULD agree with you that RIM should release a Bold Style device first if RIM wasn't trying to reinvent their image.
    Unfortunately RIM needs to give the impression they are "with it" and are not a stodgy old company who still can't see the forest for the trees.
    The Media will compare Screen size, the keyboard is barely seen as an advantage to pundits that review these devices, they sit at desks all day, their phones are accessories to their office, not the pivotal aspect. RIM needs the most positive reviews it can get, which will be a direct comparison to iPhones, Samsung Galaxy's and EVO's of the time, having a fraction smaller screen size isn't a big issue, if it isn't say 4.5" but anything under 3.5" would be laughed at as a consumer media phone, and wouldn't really help drive the app market which is very much made for the 3.5-4.5" screen.
    I wont be buying the first BB10 device because it will be all touch, but in the total global picture it makes the most sense to make a device that caters to the biggest demographic of smartphone buyers in North America.
    They Can't forget their bread and butter keyboard customers, but the BB10 Launch isn't for us, they already have us, they need to get the people they lost, and get the new people looking for something cool.

NOW as for your switching between GSM and CDMA, as needed, I am sure that is a carrier issue as much as a device issue, my Bell CDMA Plan was not portable to a Bell GSM Plan nor vise versa, I maintain 2 different plans so I don't lose either.

You wont really see a World phone for a while again, the world wireless spectrum is changing dramatically with LTE deployment I believe at last count there are 22 different LTE Bands/Implementations, add to that your HSPA Bands, and your legacy CDMA bands, and you're talking about a device supporting close to 50 Bands/Implementation it just isn't realistic.
    03-25-12 06:36 PM
    They will come out with a full touch screen phone first to replace the current 9850/9860 line.

After that it could take over the full Torch line including the slider. (hope its not just for a single carrier again, big mistake last time)

Phase in of the Bold line later in the year, near the Holidays if all goes well.

By Spring/Early Summer 2013 complete BB Phone line up with be BB10.

Just my humble thoughts...

Tim
    03-25-12 08:46 PM
    Now I WOULD agree with you that RIM should release a Bold Style device first if RIM wasn't trying to reinvent their image.
    Unfortunately RIM needs to give the impression they are "with it" and are not a stodgy old company who still can't see the forest for the trees.
    so us being loyal RIM/BB customers/fans we get the short end of the stick?
    The Media will compare Screen size, the keyboard is barely seen as an advantage to pundits that review these devices, they sit at desks all day, their phones are accessories to their office, not the pivotal aspect.
    couldnt of said it better myself
    RIM needs the most positive reviews it can get, which will be a direct comparison to iPhones, Samsung Galaxy's and EVO's of the time, having a fraction smaller screen size isn't a big issue, if it isn't say 4.5" but anything under 3.5" would be laughed at as a consumer media phone, and wouldn't really help drive the app market which is very much made for the 3.5-4.5" screen.
    Apple's #5 is being launched about the same time as BB10 so, to my knowledge, this will be the 1st time that the two competitors are released so close together therefor making them prime targets for people to compare
    I wont be buying the first BB10 device because it will be all touch, but in the total global picture it makes the most sense to make a device that caters to the biggest demographic of smartphone buyers in North America.
    true true...why do we always have to cater to them? no wonder The States has a global image of having a God-complex
    They Can't forget their bread and butter keyboard customers, but the BB10 Launch isn't for us, they already have us, they need to get the people they lost, and get the new people looking for something cool.
    but they dont already have us. i know a lot of people that are BB fans that are awaiting BB10 to kn ow if they are staying or not. just look around on here. there are a ton of people here that want a BB10 phone and are upset at RIM and feel that the BB10 will solve that.

NOW as for your switching between GSM and CDMA, as needed, I am sure that is a carrier issue as much as a device issue, my Bell CDMA Plan was not portable to a Bell GSM Plan nor vise versa, I maintain 2 different plans so I don't lose either.
    having worked with Bell for a year i understand the plan change over bit but for business men that travel a lot you'd think they would come up with a duel plan for those situations. makes sense to me but what do i know LOL
    You wont really see a World phone for a while again, the world wireless spectrum is changing dramatically with LTE deployment I believe at last count there are 22 different LTE Bands/Implementations, add to that your HSPA Bands, and your legacy CDMA bands, and you're talking about a device supporting close to 50 Bands/Implementation it just isn't realistic.
    i know its not realistic just like a lot of my ideas but i still think they should LOL. some times you have to not think about business and think about the customers. ya it will loose you money but it will make the people happy and thats something that i strongly believe is more important
    replies to all your points are in bold LOL. found it easier this way LOL
    03-26-12 07:11 AM
    I just want to see two models, an all touch and a keyboard version, no sliders
    03-26-12 09:24 AM

true true...why do we always have to cater to them? no wonder The States has a global image of having a God-complex

You guys realize that all touch devices aren't just huge in the US, but in China and Japan because of the ease of input of those languages with a full touch screen and a qwerty just doesn't cut it in those places unless they choose to communicate in english?!?! I saw a ton of iPhones in Japan last August, and a couple years before nothing like that but tons of Japan only phones with huge keypads full of characters. It is much easier to do multiple language support, especially languages with different alphabets, on all touch devices.

Also in case you missed the story, the iPhone just unseated RIM in Canada for sales, so our "God-complex" must be contagious.
    Last edited by lnichols; 03-26-12 at 09:52 AM.
    03-26-12 09:43 AM
    An incredibly sexy looking, medium to high end slab to start followed by a sexy entry level then the Blade which is the ONLY tech gadget Ive ever seen which I might possibly stand in line for.
    03-26-12 09:48 AM
    I agree that RIM needs to focus on a single all-touch device for BB10 launch. They have to prove that they can succeed with a strong iPhone / Android "all touch" competitor.

Then, I'd like to see them adopt a release cycle like Apple does: iOS tablet in Spring, iOS phone in Summer, iOS media devices in Fall, something like that.

Full slab device in Fall 2012, followed by Blade (slider) in spring (which is like a slab that ALSO has a keyboard) and possibly a Bold (with large-ish portrait screen) in the spring... and the PlayBook too... that is, the high-end Bold and Tablet (PlayBook) launch, together, as the premium combination for busy IT managers who need to see the entire platform all at once and plan (they are less likely to be interested in a platform that rolls-out in bits and pieces)
    03-26-12 10:25 AM
    Minimum three:
    Bold/keyboard followup
    Torch/slider followup
    All-touch like the Torch 9850/60
    03-26-12 11:38 AM
    I agree that RIM needs to focus on a single all-touch device for BB10 launch. They have to prove that they can succeed with a strong iPhone / Android "all touch" competitor.

Then, I'd like to see them adopt a release cycle like Apple does: iOS tablet in Spring, iOS phone in Summer, iOS media devices in Fall, something like that.

Full slab device in Fall 2012, followed by Blade (slider) in spring (which is like a slab that ALSO has a keyboard) and possibly a Bold (with large-ish portrait screen) in the spring... and the PlayBook too... that is, the high-end Bold and Tablet (PlayBook) launch, together, as the premium combination for busy IT managers who need to see the entire platform all at once and plan (they are less likely to be interested in a platform that rolls-out in bits and pieces)
    I agree with this entirely. In order for RIM to properly compete with Apple, Google, and Microsoft, they need to have a direct competitor to their flagship lines. The full-touch BB10 needs to be very, very good from the start.

However, with product cycles, it made me wonder if RIM should directly take the "Apple model" and release upgraded devices once a year. It's not so much in the cycle as it is which device should they make their premium line? Again, I understand the immense importance of their full-touch slab, but what about their bread-and-butter keyboard device? RIM should release upgraded devices yearly, not multiple times a year, and they should be fixed. But which phone should be the flagship, premium line? Regardless of which line becomes the flagship, the full-touch device, I believe, needs to be released as soon as possible.
    03-26-12 12:02 PM
    success shouldnt be measured by how many phones they release, personally i think a few solid phones and thats all we need. I am a full on keyboard guy but you can be sure i will have my greedy lil mits on the full screen bb10 also.

as stated by "fotyc" the staple phones would be perfect. Bold. Torch slider and FULL Torch. done and done
    03-26-12 12:07 PM
    Personally, I think they need 3 models and should stick to just these three. Ideally, I think they should all be approximately the same size in your hand.

Full touchscreen - For those who dislike physical keyboards or like the additional screen space
    Slider - For those that want the screen space, but still like a physical keyboard
    Physical Keyboard (Bold) - For those who require a physical keyboard more than anything else
    03-26-12 12:32 PM
    In order to garner attention and build the brand they need 1 or 2 flagship models. Make them the best phone they possibly can in regards to specs, (speed, memory storage, display). Don't release lower spec models at all initially in NA. Make Blackberry a premium brand once again and seperate it from the old curves sluggish phone people remeber using previously.

Add the lower specs in the over seas markets where there is already a domand for phone with lower specs and prices.

As you roll out new flagship models in future generations, discount the previous flagship models. THis will build the brand as a premium product because the lower priced phones, will still be the high end devices that will still be great phones even when a bit dated. Us the same OS on both generations until the hardware doesn't render a great user experience anymore then EOL it.

People fail to realize the curve/pearl/style are lowend phones that aren't even close to the bold 9900,9810 and 9850/60. I beleive that is why consumers who have a curve or older bold jump ship so quickly to the iphone and higher end droids because they percieve that the blackberry is too old and outdated.. They don't realize that there old phones are just out dated and there are different tiers. IOS and Droid are ahead of bb 7.1 devices, but not as far ahead as bbos 6 and older devices.

2 Flagship phones that set the standard for all blackberry devices going forward in North America that represent High quality devices, which current hardware and and os that compliments it.

Maybe ReBrand the lower end phones to Blackberry Light or something to differeniate the phone from the Premium Blackberry Brand. I beleive this is why Apple has resisted bringing out lower end phones for developing markets as it will take away from their high end devices.

Treat people like simpletons and you will win
    Last edited by adrenaline_x; 03-26-12 at 02:37 PM.
    03-26-12 02:32 PM
    but they dont already have us. i know a lot of people that are BB fans that are awaiting BB10 to kn ow if they are staying or not. just look around on here. there are a ton of people here that want a BB10 phone and are upset at RIM and feel that the BB10 will solve that.
    Sorry JAGWIRE, but I also agree with deRussett. IMHO you are totally out to lunch here. RIM already has pretty well all the pro-keyboard crowd in their pocket. Where are they all gonna go? Android KB devices totally suck, for the most part, WinPhone devices can't possibly be a whole lot better than the previous AND Apple isn't bothering with KBs at all! I ask again: Where are they all going to go?

The FIRST BB 10 device *has* to be a touchscreen to gain back customers they lost, draw disaffected owners of other brands and get totally new smartphone customers interested as well. The keyboards can come later... and they WILL come.
    03-26-12 03:06 PM
    Sorry JAGWIRE, but I also agree with deRussett. IMHO you are totally out to lunch here. RIM already has pretty well all the pro-keyboard crowd in their pocket. Where are they all gonna go? Android KB devices totally suck, for the most part, WinPhone devices can't possibly be a whole lot better than the previous AND Apple isn't bothering with KBs at all! I ask again: Where are they all going to go?

The FIRST BB 10 device *has* to be a touchscreen to gain back customers they lost, draw disaffected owners of other brands and get totally new smartphone customers interested as well. The keyboards can come later... and they WILL come.
    This is incredibly true. I just want to add that I believe anyone currently using a BlackBerry device for its keyboard will continue to be a BlackBerry user until a BB10 phone with a physical keyboard is released. For a lot of users, the BB keyboard is irreplacable.
    03-26-12 03:22 PM
    BUT WAY harder for me to replay to you

so us being loyal RIM/BB customers/fans we get the short end of the stick?
    in Short YES, RIM needs to increase market presence and image, if the BB loyal / lovers want RIM around for the long term, they should appreciate that RIM needs to attract new clients as much as cater to their current clients, and the new clients are more important with BB10

Apple's #5 is being launched about the same time as BB10 so, to my knowledge, this will be the 1st time that the two competitors are released so close together therefor making them prime targets for people to compare
    Exactly so if RIM compares a 4" BB10 with a 3.8" iPhone 5, the screen comparison wont be a BIG sticking point RIM could even get a +1, but a 2.5-2.8" screen vs a 3.8" screen, will be seen a a HUGE negative and show RIM as, "Old and not hip"

And how many of those BB Fans leaving are leaving to go to a QWERTY device with another manufacturer? Chances are they are planning to Jump ship to a Slab phone, so the Slab demographic is again the demographic RIM needs to be compared to with the first BB10 device.

having worked with Bell for a year i understand the plan change over bit but for business men that travel a lot you'd think they would come up with a duel plan for those situations. makes sense to me but what do i know LOL
    I carry a Bell and a Rogers phone so I have service everywhere I can, because NO ONE has a good solution for Canada wide service, heck Not even Ontario wide service! There just isn't the dollars to justify the solution

i know its not realistic just like a lot of my ideas but i still think they should LOL. some times you have to not think about business and think about the customers. ya it will loose you money but it will make the people happy and thats something that i strongly believe is more important
    It is not possible to run a business trying to make everyone happy, You must do what is best for the majority, and the majority don't travel to areas where they need to switch between CDMA and GSM.
    03-26-12 06:09 PM
    You guys realize that all touch devices aren't just huge in the US, but in China and Japan because of the ease of input of those languages with a full touch screen and a qwerty just doesn't cut it in those places unless they choose to communicate in english?!?! I saw a ton of iPhones in Japan last August, and a couple years before nothing like that but tons of Japan only phones with huge keypads full of characters. It is much easier to do multiple language support, especially languages with different alphabets, on all touch devices.

Also in case you missed the story, the iPhone just unseated RIM in Canada for sales, so our "God-complex" must be contagious.

Yup, the All touch device isn't just for the US, any NON Latin/Roman Alphabet nation will benefit from the All touch devices, The Middle least and China are 2 countries RIM could PUSH hard with BB10 if they could provide the BlackBerry backend advantage with the UI advantage a touchscreen brings.
    03-26-12 06:11 PM
    I agree with this entirely. In order for RIM to properly compete with Apple, Google, and Microsoft, they need to have a direct competitor to their flagship lines. The full-touch BB10 needs to be very, very good from the start.

However, with product cycles, it made me wonder if RIM should directly take the "Apple model" and release upgraded devices once a year. It's not so much in the cycle as it is which device should they make their premium line? Again, I understand the immense importance of their full-touch slab, but what about their bread-and-butter keyboard device? RIM should release upgraded devices yearly, not multiple times a year, and they should be fixed. But which phone should be the flagship, premium line? Regardless of which line becomes the flagship, the full-touch device, I believe, needs to be released as soon as possible.

I don't like the FIXED product cycle, I gave a product cycle expectation in my bigger post above, but really each product cycle would need a +/- 2 Month Window because RIM can't have the delay fight, if Apple has a delay no one gives them crap, and maybe after RIM has 2 or 3 positive YEARS they can get away with it, but having say April tablet launch every year, then in 2013, the tablet needs to be pushed till MAY it would make eveyone yell failure, before it hits the market, or they launch it in April and they yell Half baked. it is lose lose.

As for "flag ship / Premium line" that is redundant, RIM can Run 2 flagships, Ford has the Mustang, and the F150, they talk them both up like no tomorrow, RIM could do the same, a sleek and sexy all touch for the consumer to covet or the QWERTY for the business person to get work DONE, they can be built with the same internal hardware, just screen and housing would differ.
    they have media campaigns for both, and launch them 3 months apart giving 2 quarters with nice sales spikes to make the stock market happy.

they cater to the long time BlackBerry lovers, AND to the new age smartphone geeks
    FlashFlare11 and adrenaline_x like this.
    03-26-12 06:17 PM
    I don't like the FIXED product cycle, I gave a product cycle expectation in my bigger post above, but really each product cycle would need a +/- 2 Month Window because RIM can't have the delay fight, if Apple has a delay no one gives them crap, and maybe after RIM has 2 or 3 positive YEARS they can get away with it, but having say April tablet launch every year, then in 2013, the tablet needs to be pushed till MAY it would make eveyone yell failure, before it hits the market, or they launch it in April and they yell Half baked. it is lose lose.

As for "flag ship / Premium line" that is redundant, RIM can Run 2 flagships, Ford has the Mustang, and the F150, they talk them both up like no tomorrow, RIM could do the same, a sleek and sexy all touch for the consumer to covet or the QWERTY for the business person to get work DONE, they can be built with the same internal hardware, just screen and housing would differ.
    they have media campaigns for both, and launch them 3 months apart giving 2 quarters with nice sales spikes to make the stock market happy.

they cater to the long time BlackBerry lovers, AND to the new age smartphone geeks
    I don't know if any of RIM's products will be "half-baked" again. The PlayBook was using a brand new OS, so, of course there were some things that RIM needed more time on. I doubt there will ever be a huge overhaul of anything major for RIM to ever release an unfinished product, so long as the first BB10 phones are perfect from the box. Hopefully, the delays will be to a minimum as they've had ample time to work out the kinks in the new software.

I suppose catering to both the consumer and enterprise marketspace works well (I like the "Ford" analogy). Overall, I love what you've had to say so far! Very insightful!

Somewhat unrelated, but is there any specific reason RIM is waiting to release a BB10 device with a physical keyboard? They've had no problems releasing mutiple devices in the past.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 03-26-12 at 07:12 PM.
    03-26-12 06:38 PM
    In order to garner attention and build the brand they need 1 or 2 flagship models. Make them the best phone they possibly can in regards to specs, (speed, memory storage, display). Don't release lower spec models at all initially in NA. Make Blackberry a premium brand once again and seperate it from the old curves sluggish phone people remeber using previously.
    HALF agree with you here, RIM NEEDS to Make BlackBerry a premium brand again, problem is, if RIM doesn't have the product to address the entry level crowd they do 1 of 2 things, Buy into the Cheap Android Market, or get the money for a hip iPhone.
    RIM needs a low cost solution within the first year of BB10 to help increase the second generation BB10 Premium devices on contract sell price.

Carriers STILL are promoting BlackBerry 9300's! as low cost BB's without the low cost BB RIM can't maximize the developer reach of BB10, which they need to do.

As you roll out new flagship models in future generations, discount the previous flagship models. THis will build the brand as a premium product because the lower priced phones, will still be the high end devices that will still be great phones even when a bit dated. Us the same OS on both generations until the hardware doesn't render a great user experience anymore then EOL it.
    This is a pipe dream business model, you are limiting your OS development path by locking device support for a longer period of time, Assume RIM ensures Carriers a 3 year Device support with Software updates since 3 year contracts exist in Canada, you are now asking the Carrier to sell the device for 2 years as a "new product", 1 at pricepoint A the next at pricepoint B, as which time the carriers will ask for inventory pricing adjustments leading to YEARLY inventory write downs like RIM did with the PlayBook, that the media loved so much, THEN RIM gets an EXTRA year of supporting the older devices OS with updates and bug fixes, and has to worry an extra year about compatibility with it's core softwares.

as a Manufacturer I can tell you, you can't do this long term, you discount the old product to liquidate it, not to fill a channel.

People fail to realize the curve/pearl/style are lowend phones that aren't even close to the bold 9900,9810 and 9850/60. I beleive that is why consumers who have a curve or older bold jump ship so quickly to the iphone and higher end droids because they percieve that the blackberry is too old and outdated.. They don't realize that there old phones are just out dated and there are different tiers. IOS and Droid are ahead of bb 7.1 devices, but not as far ahead as bbos 6 and older devices.
    Agreed, BUT that is a pricepoint/education/demand issue, you don't stop selling a successful brand because people don't realize you have a premium Brand

Gillette didn't stop selling the Mac3 when they released the Fusion, they just over promoted the Fusion.

Maybe ReBrand the lower end phones to Blackberry Light or something to differeniate the phone from the Premium Blackberry Brand. I beleive this is why Apple has resisted bringing out lower end phones for developing markets as it will take away from their high end devices.

Treat people like simpletons and you will win
    The Phones need to keep the "BlackBerry" name for Corporate acceptance, giving Employee's the "light" version of something makes it get treated poorly, RIM Brands with Brand names, BlackBerry is a product type, and The BRAND is the sub name Bold/Curve/Torch, they don't want to dilute the product type by making a Product type with a sub category, then product Brand with multiple brands, it makes inventory and marketing, and management more difficult
    03-26-12 06:59 PM
    I don't know if any of RIM's products will be "half-baked" again. The PlayBook was using a brand new OS, so, of course there were some things that RIM needed more time on. I doubt there will ever be a huge overhaul of anything major for RIM to ever release an unfinished product, so long as the first BB10 phones are perfect from the box. Hopefully, the delays will be to a minimum as they've had ample time to work out the kinks in the new software.

I suppose catering to both the consumer and enterprise marketspace works well (I like the "Ford" analogy). Overall, I love what you've had to say so far! Very insightful!

Somewhat unrelated, but is there any specific reason RIM is waiting to release a BB10 with a physical keyboard? They've had no problems releasing mutiple devices in the past.
    I hope RIM pushes the envelop continually and still runs the risk of half baked items!

I want them to try and push things like they did with the Storm, I want them to try new things like a HOME BESX Media control server (I could write 5000 words on this easy)

As for Specific reason for waiting to release a BB10 Keyboard model, I am sure it is all about Branding and marketing, NOT technical,
    RIM Needs a New image, a hip image, and a focused brand launch, splitting that between a Slab and a a QWERTY would give ammunition to the negative on RIM people to blame RIM for not having a clear vision, and also makes it more challenging for the device app launch library being compatible with ALL BB10 devices. having only 2 devices the PB and the Phone makes that easier to say
    03-26-12 07:39 PM
    I hope RIM pushes the envelop continually and still runs the risk of half baked items!

I want them to try and push things like they did with the Storm, I want them to try new things like a HOME BESX Media control server (I could write 5000 words on this easy)

As for Specific reason for waiting to release a BB10 Keyboard model, I am sure it is all about Branding and marketing, NOT technical,
    RIM Needs a New image, a hip image, and a focused brand launch, splitting that between a Slab and a a QWERTY would give ammunition to the negative on RIM people to blame RIM for not having a clear vision, and also makes it more challenging for the device app launch library being compatible with ALL BB10 devices. having only 2 devices the PB and the Phone makes that easier to say
    I'd love for RIM to run the risk of releasing a half-baked product as well so long as they keep trying. But they shouldn't until they can afford to (reach an Apple-like status)!

Hmmm, okay, I see what you mean. They need to overhaul their image and make themselves look more consumer-friendly while still maintaining their close relationship with enterprise and government users. The slab needs to be near-perfect!
    03-26-12 08:00 PM
    Wow a lot has been said since my last post LOL. Busy right now but will comment later...im still around lol
    03-27-12 08:40 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD