So used to making backups it seems incredible that i have to ask this question but I have been trying to make a Blackberry Q5 backup copy and I can not do it effectively.
    I especially want to make a individual apps copy that I have downloaded on Blackberry World on .BAR format, although if this is not possible I can make do it with a full backup copy .
    I have read several post on Crackberry. In a post a user says that it is possible to make copies of apps.BAR with UltimateBackup from Runisoft but I read in Blackberry World and on Runisoft web that it is only possible do:

SMS & MMS
    Contacts & Favorites
    Contact Groups
    Phone Call Logs
    Remember
    Playlists
    Music
    Camera
    Photos
    Videos
    Documents
    Express
    Downloads
    Print
    Recorded Voices
    Misc

I do not need to make a backup copy of the previous ones. I want copy apps.BAR
    I try it with Blackberry Link and after many problems (it does not recognize Blackberry ID, Device Manager does not recognize Blackberry Q5, etc, etc) I finally get it done.
    By cons on Sachesi I can not back up apps. It works with the Media and Device Settings options but not with apps.
    I have tried it with several computers and operating systems:

Windows Xp:
    Sachesi 1.9.9 = The program is reset when you have copied 1.5 GiB.
    Sachesi 2.0 = (last one works for me in xp) Idem.

Windows 10:
    Sachesi 2.0.2 for XP that does not work in XP = The program stops when it has made 4,299,740 KiB
    Sachesi 2.0.2 normal version = Idem it stops at 4,299,740 KiB
    I have NTFS, it is possible that backup app already made this done correctly but the program previously says that the copy takes 8 GiB.
    Sachesi 2.0.3 = It does not boot says vcruntime140.dll does not exist
    (I have C ++ 2015 & .Net)
    Sachesi 2.0.4 = This does not recognize Blackberry Q5 on USB port.

Copies with Sachesi have the format file.bbb
    and the copies with Blackberry Link also have format.bbb, when I open with 7z the Sachesi.bbb copy appears a single file.TAR that is not possible to unzip. By cons, when I open with 7z a file Blackberry Link.bbb appear several files .app.data & .app.bin

I have these doubts:
    Is it possible to extract apps.BAR?
    Is it possible to backup with Blackberry Link and restore them with Sachesi or vice versa?
    Is it possible to restore the copy with Blackberry Link offline?
    What is Blackberry Link Application data copy?
    (unzip file.app.data)
    What is the option "also make copy of binary data?
    (unzip file.app.bin)
    07-02-19 01:56 PM
    You can't extract bar files (native apps) from a device or a backup.

Sachesi, Darcy's Tool, and Link use the identical mechanism to create backups, but sometimes one or more is better than the other at connecting to your device on a given system.

A backup is always tagged to a specific BBID, is fully encrypted, and can only be restored to a device with the identical BBID. You don't however need an online connection.
    07-02-19 02:01 PM
    UltimateBackup cannot, and never could backup bar files. Whoever said that was wrong.

And you cannot backup individual bar files off the phone.

Only Link, Sachesi, and Darcy's BlackBerry Tools can back up your phone's internal memory and apps, but they all use the same method of encrypting the backup so that you have to use the same program to restore back to the phone. You can selectively restore individual apps back on the phone, but you can't extract the apps outside of the phone.

Conite beat me to it.
    07-02-19 02:13 PM
    So used to making backups it seems incredible that i have to ask this question but I have been trying to make a Blackberry Q5 backup copy and I can not do it effectively.
    I especially want to make a individual apps copy that I have downloaded on Blackberry World on .BAR format, although if this is not possible I can make do it with a full backup copy .
    I have read several post on Crackberry. In a post a user says that it is possible to make copies of apps.BAR with UltimateBackup from Runisoft but I read in Blackberry World and on Runisoft web that it is only possible do:

SMS & MMS
    Contacts & Favorites
    Contact Groups
    Phone Call Logs
    Remember
    Playlists
    Music
    Camera
    Photos
    Videos
    Documents
    Express
    Downloads
    Print
    Recorded Voices
    Misc

I do not need to make a backup copy of the previous ones. I want copy apps.BAR
    I try it with Blackberry Link and after many problems (it does not recognize Blackberry ID, Device Manager does not recognize Blackberry Q5, etc, etc) I finally get it done.
    By cons on Sachesi I can not back up apps. It works with the Media and Device Settings options but not with apps.
    I have tried it with several computers and operating systems:

Windows Xp:
    Sachesi 1.9.9 = The program is reset when you have copied 1.5 GiB.
    Sachesi 2.0 = (last one works for me in xp) Idem.

Windows 10:
    Sachesi 2.0.2 for XP that does not work in XP = The program stops when it has made 4,299,740 KiB
    Sachesi 2.0.2 normal version = Idem it stops at 4,299,740 KiB
    I have NTFS, it is possible that backup app already made this done correctly but the program previously says that the copy takes 8 GiB.
    Sachesi 2.0.3 = It does not boot says vcruntime140.dll does not exist
    (I have C ++ 2015 & .Net)
    Sachesi 2.0.4 = This does not recognize Blackberry Q5 on USB port.

Copies with Sachesi have the format file.bbb
    and the copies with Blackberry Link also have format.bbb, when I open with 7z the Sachesi.bbb copy appears a single file.TAR that is not possible to unzip. By cons, when I open with 7z a file Blackberry Link.bbb appear several files .app.data & .app.bin

I have these doubts:
    Is it possible to backup with Blackberry Link and restore them with Sachesi or vice versa?
    (unzip file.app.data)
    (unzip file.app.bin)
    Hey Cixert,

In addition to what has been said by conite and joel, I thought I'd answer your specific questions. I completely understand the desire to have native app backups in .bar form, but that has proven to be difficult for reasons previously stated.

Not so far as anyone has been able to determine.

Yes.

As conite said, yes, so long as the Blackberry ID on the phone and the backup match.

(unzip file.app.data)
    Link backs up, in encrypted form, application executables (.bin files) and application data (settings, playlists, etc.). If you try to unzip the .bbb file and its contents, you'll see the data but will not be able to use it in any appreciable form due to the encryption.

(unzip file.app.bin)
    This is the option to make backups of the application executables, so that when restoring the apps are directly restored back to your device. Unfortunately, due to the encryption, one cannot use these backups to extract individual .BAR files.
    Cixert likes this.
    07-02-19 05:24 PM
    UltimateBackup cannot, and never could backup bar files. Whoever said that was wrong.

And you cannot backup individual bar files off the phone.

Only Link, Sachesi, and Darcy's BlackBerry Tools can back up your phone's internal memory and apps, but they all use the same method of encrypting the backup so that you have to use the same program to restore back to the phone. You can selectively restore individual apps back on the phone, but you can't extract the apps outside of the phone.

Conite beat me to it.
    I have tried Darcy's and it has no backup function.
    Here are Darcy's features
    https://berryleaks.fandom.com/wiki/D...ls_and_Sachesi
    I had a hard time finding link download. You can get many versions here:
    https://www.blackberryhack.com/darcy...ckberry-tools/
    And the latest version for Windows XP
    Darcy's Blackberry Tool 1.9.0.4 here:
    DBBTool1.9.0.4
    ---
    To move my BBW apps.BAR to other devices...
    Is it possible to restore individual copy apps made with BB Link on other BB10 devices?
    07-09-19 07:54 AM
    DBBTool1.9.0.4
    ---
    Is it possible to restore individual copy apps made with BB Link on other BB10 devices?
    Have you tried too?

I tried once on an earlier version of BB10 & LINK and it would not allow me to do a selective restore from one device to another. Could only do the full Device Switch. But that might have changed over time. I would hope that it would allow it, as long as you have the same BBID on the device as was used in the backup file.
    07-09-19 08:36 AM
    Of course does.

https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...-tools-956835/
    Last edited by conite; 07-09-19 at 11:56 AM.
    07-09-19 10:19 AM
    DBBTool1.9.0.4
    ---
    Hey Cixert,

I'm not sure what you are seeing or not seeing but Darcy's does indeed have a backup function. I was about to send you a link but then realized I have an older version uploaded than you have linked already, so I will modify that, but if you open up Darcy's you should see a section at the bottom left called "Backup Manager." Do you not see that for some reason?

It is indeed possible to restore individually copied apps made with BB Link on other BB10 devices. You just need to select "Show Details" next to Application Data and you can select which apps you want to restore.
    Cixert and gamegurl like this.
    07-09-19 11:25 AM
    Hey folks,
    I have another question about backups.
    Please excuse me if such issue was posted somewhere.
    Recently I created a backup with contacts and accounts, then I upgraded OS to 3216 via autoloader.
    I did a restore and it performed successfully.
    Since that restore everyday I get a bunch of notifications like "You need to update password for account...". If I tap on this notification and follow open action to account I get an error pop-up an issue occurred during opening of account.
    I guess some info about my account records were restored but I cannot see these any old records in my account settings.
    How can I remove these phantom accounts from my q10?
    07-09-19 12:59 PM
    Hey folks,
    I have another question about backups.
    Please excuse me if such issue was posted somewhere.
    Recently I created a backup with contacts and accounts, then I upgraded OS to 3216 via autoloader.
    I did a restore and it performed successfully.
    Since that restore everyday I get a bunch of notifications like "You need to update password for account...". If I tap on this notification and follow open action to account I get an error pop-up an issue occurred during opening of account.
    I guess some info about my account records were restored but I cannot see these any old records in my account settings.
    How can I remove these phantom accounts from my q10?
    Use Accounts Cleaner from BlackBerry World to remove duplicated accounts.

That is an artifact of the Link restore process.
    07-09-19 01:14 PM
    Use Accounts Cleaner from BlackBerry World to remove duplicated accounts.

That is an artifact of the Link restore process.
    It's the reason doing a clean install and starting over is what I always did.... but then early BB10 was much worse than 10.3.3.
    07-09-19 01:38 PM
    It's the reason doing a clean install and starting over is what I always did.... but then early BB10 was much worse than 10.3.3.
    Link was, is, and always will be a complete dog's breakfast! Lol.
    07-09-19 01:52 PM
    Use Accounts Cleaner
    Gosh! You made my day!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by no_adds; 07-10-19 at 08:24 AM.
    07-10-19 06:48 AM
    Let's face it. BB10 is EOL.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-19 10:03 AM
    Let's face it. BB10 is EOL.

Posted via CB10
    I agree... but I expect someone will be here five years from now, telling us how great of a bedside alarm clock and MP3 Player the Passport is. In the end BB10 devices will live on as long as they meet "someones" needs.
    07-10-19 10:28 AM
    Hey Cixert,

I'm not sure what you are seeing or not seeing but Darcy's does indeed have a backup function. I was about to send you a link but then realized I have an older version uploaded than you have linked already, so I will modify that, but if you open up Darcy's you should see a section at the bottom left called "Backup Manager." Do you not see that for some reason?

It is indeed possible to restore individually copied apps made with BB Link on other BB10 devices. You just need to select "Show Details" next to Application Data and you can select which apps you want to restore.
    OK, You're right, the latest Darcy's versions have Backup
    07-10-19 09:03 PM
    OK, You're right, the latest Darcy's versions have Backup
    Glad it's showing up for you. I'd recommend giving Darcy's a shot as it backs up and restores (including individual apps) well in my experience. Let me know if you have any trouble.
    Cixert likes this.
    07-10-19 09:57 PM
    Just rolling back into BB10 and you all have made some amazing stuff. Darcy, grateful for the ability to be able to back up my Z30. If BB10 hangs-on as the resistance OS, hugely due to the restless minds on Crackberry.
    08-05-19 04:03 PM
    Just rolling back into BB10 and you all have made some amazing stuff. Darcy, grateful for the ability to be able to back up my Z30. If BB10 hangs-on as the resistance OS, hugely due to the restless minds on Crackberry.
    Darcy and xsacha (maker of Sachesi) are pretty amazing people. Keep the faith scrannel, and welcome back to BB10!

(By the way, I love the term "resistance OS." I may steal it from you if you don't mind...)
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-05-19 06:46 PM
    As part of the resistance you get to steal!
    08-06-19 08:46 PM
    As part of the resistance you get to steal!
    Trumpet Hood? TigerHood? Nahh....

08-06-19 11:12 PM
    God... that theme music took me back to back to childhood hell. But it's always good to remember where we came from!
    08-07-19 04:07 PM
    God... that theme music took me back to back to childhood hell. But it's always good to remember where we came from!
    Is this any better?

08-10-19 12:46 AM
    Damn, how many of these themes are there? And the guy never even existed!
    08-10-19 08:30 PM