I just restored my bb q10 to factory settings using link, not the reload software, the resotre factory settings. its been going on for an hour now. is this normal? for those who did the process, how long did yours take?

and whats the difference of restore factory settings to reload software in link? Thanks!
    12-31-14 04:50 AM
    I just restored my bb q10 to factory settings using link, not the reload software, the resotre factory settings. its been going on for an hour now. is this normal? for those who did the process, how long did yours take?

and whats the difference of restore factory settings to reload software in link? Thanks!
    What screen is it stuck on?
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 05:10 AM
    What screen is it stuck on?
    the symbol wherein it looks like a paper is being shredded, and below that is a rotating circle
    12-31-14 05:13 AM
    the symbol wherein it looks like a paper is being shredded, and below that is a rotating circle
    I see, that means that it is working away. Did you have alot of content? Or a SD card in the device when doing restore?
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 05:19 AM
    I see, that means that it is working away. Did you have alot of content? Or a SD card in the device when doing restore?
    i think about 900mb worth of internal apps. what?? you mean to say it is reformatting my sd card as well? i thought only the internal memory?
    12-31-14 05:33 AM
    i think about 900mb worth of internal apps. what?? you mean to say it is reformatting my sd card as well? i thought only the internal memory?
    Erm... You have corrected me.

'What data gets deleted?

When you perform a wipe on a BlackBerry 10 phone, all data on the phone itself will be deleted. This includes data, files and apps. Note: If you have a Micro SD card inserted, data on the card will not be deleted.

On the legacy BlackBerry OS you had more granular control over what you could delete during a Security Wipe (you could delete data, but not apps, etc.). On BlackBerry 10, everthing on the phone is wiped.

When the Security Wipe process is complete, the phone will reboot to the initial Setup Wizard.'

Source: Link
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 05:44 AM
    Erm... You have corrected me.

'What data gets deleted?

When you perform a wipe on a BlackBerry 10 phone, all data on the phone itself will be deleted. This includes data, files and apps. Note: If you have a Micro SD card inserted, data on the card will not be deleted.

On the legacy BlackBerry OS you had more granular control over what you could delete during a Security Wipe (you could delete data, but not apps, etc.). On BlackBerry 10, everthing on the phone is wiped.

When the Security Wipe process is complete, the phone will reboot to the initial Setup Wizard.'

Source: Link
    i see. thanks for all your help. do you have any ideas regarding on how can i transfer back my gmail-synced contacts back to blackberry?
    12-31-14 05:53 AM
    i see. thanks for all your help. do you have any ideas regarding on how can i transfer back my gmail-synced contacts back to blackberry?
    I posted in your new thread about it. Have a look .
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 06:00 AM