Trying to figure out how to lock this phone in a one touch manner. Initially, the swipe to unlock was causing all sorts of unexpected noises from my pants. So I enabled the lock by power key. This is better as it disables the screen, but it doesn't require a pin to unlock (unless the timer expires and it continues to play whatever is running when I lock it.

I want to push the power button causing it to pause/mute all apps, lock the screen, and require a pin to unlock. Other phones do this easily. Anyone know the trick to getting the BlackBerry to behave this way?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 04:35 PM
    Trying to figure out how to lock this phone in a one touch manner. Initially, the swipe to unlock was causing all sorts of unexpected noises from my pants. So I enabled the lock by power key. This is better as it disables the screen, but it doesn't require a pin to unlock (unless the timer expires and it continues to play whatever is running when I lock it.

I want to push the power button causing it to pause/mute all apps, lock the screen, and require a pin to unlock. Other phones do this easily. Anyone know the trick to getting the BlackBerry to behave this way?

Posted via CB10
    No trick, does not function in this manner even in the latest leaks.
    05-09-15 04:39 PM
    On a device with physical keyboard, a long press on "K" will lock the device. On a device with the virtual keyboard, its a tap on the power button, then tapping the lock icon to lock it immediately.
    05-09-15 04:44 PM
    If you have a password set hold the power button for 2 seconds then press the lock button on screen
    How to LOCK the phone...-img_20150510_001126.png

(edit: seems I may have misread the question I don't believe there is a 'one-touch' way only the way I've stated above which I suppose is a bit of a hassle to constantly do)
    Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:11 PM
    Not sure if this helps but there is also a "lock while holstered" setting in the security section...not sure if that uses the proximity sensor and will lock when you put it in your pocket or the magnet which needs a supported holster or case, but it locks my phone every time I close my Stilgut case.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    05-09-15 07:00 PM
    I'd be interested to know this since my power button broke.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:40 PM
    A BlackBerry holster or pouch that has a magnet built in to it will put your device to sleep mode when you put it in the case. But not sure if it will open with the pin request. Haven't tried it. But will give it a go and come back.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:34 AM
    OK, yes it works fine no problem. The device lock pass word has a timer, the minimum is 1 minute. So if you take the phone out of the pouch or swipe up before the timer expired you can gain access to the phone. But if you keep the phone locked longer than the time specified then you have to enter the password. It makes sense because if you want to go back to the device in a minute or two you have to enter the password each time and it becomes a bother. I have the timer set for 5 minutes, it serves my requirement.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:51 AM
    Hi! When my BB Classic is locked it is possible for everyone to "pick up the phone" when it bells. That is no good!
    Imagine your Berry is near your wife and your Girl friend is calling and your wife takes the phone to answer...
    Terrible thinking.
    HOW to lock the phone app separately and safely?
    Many, many thanks, Boys and Girls.
    08-11-15 07:27 AM
    OK, yes it works fine no problem. The device lock pass word has a timer, the minimum is 1 minute. So if you take the phone out of the pouch or swipe up before the timer expired you can gain access to the phone. But if you keep the phone locked longer than the time specified then you have to enter the password. It makes sense because if you want to go back to the device in a minute or two you have to enter the password each time and it becomes a bother. I have the timer set for 5 minutes, it serves my requirement.

Posted via CB10
    If you set the lock on holster mode the phone will lock (require password to unlock) when you holster it. This requires a proper OEM or compatible holster with the magnet in the right place.
    08-11-15 10:04 AM
    Hi! When my BB Classic is locked it is possible for everyone to "pick up the phone" when it bells. That is no good!
    Imagine your Berry is near your wife and your Girl friend is calling and your wife takes the phone to answer...
    Terrible thinking.
    If i'm not mistaken allow call answer when locked is an option you can turn off.
    08-11-15 10:06 AM
    Terrible thinking.
    Sounds like you've got bigger problems than just a locked device.

Posted via CB10
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    08-11-15 11:50 AM