Is there a way to load a different carriers OS and ROM onto a Sprint Q10? Such as a unlocked OS and ROM? This would essentially enable it to work on other networks.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:20 PM
    You can load any carrier's OS onto your device, but it won't change any network bands. So a Sprint Q10 will always be a Sprint Q10.
    07-15-14 06:24 PM
    You can load any carrier's OS onto your device, but it won't change any network bands. So a Sprint Q10 will always be a Sprint Q10.
    Thanx thurask,
    Meaning, it won't be able to be used on non sprint networks, or use the built in sim card slot ? (which isn't unlocked by sprint for other carriers)

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:32 PM
    Correct. All OSs are the same for all carriers. It just depends on the carrier if they decide to release one version over any others. And, some carriers have a few added bloatware apps that might be added.

But it won't affect the network as that is hard coded into phone itself being branded to Sprint.

The OS also has no affect the locked/unlocked status of the phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:39 PM
    Correct. All OSs are the same for all carriers. It just depends on the carrier if they decide to release one version over any others. And, some carriers have a few added bloatware apps that might be added.

But it won't affect the network as that is hard coded into phone itself being branded to Sprint.

The OS also has no affect the locked/unlocked status of the phone itself.

Posted via CB10
    So essentially there is no way to make a sprint Q10 unlocked or compatible on other carriers via the software?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 03:28 AM
    So essentially there is no way to make a sprint Q10 unlocked or compatible on other carriers via the software?

Posted via CB10
    No, that's not possible. You need to call Sprint so they can unlock it for international use only, that's if you are an Sprint customer of course.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:36 AM
    I thought this was possible by flashing radio file so I picked a sprint q10 for about 130 usd.

Even though now I found out that it is not possible, using this device is still a joy so I don't regret

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:30 AM
    I have a Verizon Z10 and I'm traveling abroad.
    My Z10 is unlocked from Verizon but apparently Verizon's custom OS blocks me from changing my APN settings.
    The APN button is just non-existent on my phone.

Can I load a different ROM onto it that might unlock the settings so I can change my APN settings to my current carrier?
    Thanks
    How to load a different carriers OS and ROM onto a Sprint Q10-img_20141001_104009.png

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:40 AM
    I have a Verizon Z10 and I'm traveling abroad.
    My Z10 is unlocked from Verizon but apparently Verizon's custom OS blocks me from changing my APN settings.
    The APN button is just non-existent on my phone.

Can I load a different ROM onto it that might unlock the settings so I can change my APN settings to my current carrier?
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141001_104009.png 
Views:	738 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	302038

Posted via CB10
    Change Network Technology to "Global" and insert any sim...Lucky for you Verizon's Z10 comes unlocked from the factory.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    10-01-14 02:48 AM
    Change Network Technology to "Global" and insert any sim...Lucky for you Verizon's Z10 comes unlocked from the factory.

Problem for me it's not the Global Technology or the SIM. Verizon took away the APN button out of their version of the Z10 OS.

Taking out the SIM or changing the network technology does nothing. I had it on Global when I was actually in Verizon in the but now I'm in I'd on Golan Telecom.

I need to put a custom ROM on my phone of either a stock Z10 or another carriers OS where the APN settings are editable

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:29 AM
    Problem for me it's not the Global Technology or the SIM. Verizon took away the APN button out of their version of the Z10 OS.

Taking out the SIM or changing the network technology does nothing. I had it on Global when I was actually in Verizon in the but now I'm in I'd on Golan Telecom.

I need to put a custom ROM on my phone of either a stock Z10 or another carriers OS where the APN settings are editable

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying the phone won't work?

10-04-14 05:12 AM
    Are you saying the phone won't work?

If works but I can't get any data because I can't access my APN settings...
    Look at the picture in my previous posts.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:05 PM
    I was reading this thread and although I don't know how to help with this, can I ask that you stop calling it ROM's? That's only for android. With BB10 there's 1 base os called bb10. You can't change that. You can update your os but you can't install ROM's

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:44 PM
    I was reading this thread and although I don't know how to help with this, can I ask that you stop calling it ROM's? That's only for android. With BB10 there's 1 base os called bb10. You can't change that. You can update your os but you can't install ROM's

Posted via CB10
    #BlameTheOP

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Golan telecom does not work with BlackBerry for data usage for all BlackBerry devices including the factory unlocked version

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-06-14 01:27 PM
    Golan telecom does not work with BlackBerry for data usage for all BlackBerry devices including the factory unlocked version

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    Why not?
    If I out in their APN why wouldn't it work?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:10 PM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, but are you sure you have data provisioned for your SIM?

Could be why there's no APN setting to begin with. Usually,if a carrier locks it out, the setting is there, but it's grayed out.

I know it says so in the screen-shot you have, but maybe you need to verify it with the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:41 PM
    Why not?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know but from what I've understood they have blocked BlackBerry I don't know why you would want Golan anyway there service is crap just go to Cellcom or orange they have much better service and work perfectly

10-06-14 08:30 PM

Could be why there's no APN setting to begin with. Usually,if a carrier locks it out, the setting is there, but it's grayed out.

I know it says so in the screen-shot you have, but maybe you need to verify it with the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    When put into a BlackBerry if I remember correctly it came up something like sim not provisioned mm#3

10-06-14 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I have a plan with unlimited calling to anywhere practical. Unlimited texting. And 6 GB of Data.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:38 AM

Sorry my mistake I just checked it out on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247 and it allows me to configure my apn settings and it works but you don't get BlackBerry services
    How to load a different carriers OS and ROM onto a Sprint Q10-img_20141007_133927.png

10-07-14 05:42 AM
    Correct, no BlackBerry services on golan. I'm using their sim in an old BlackBerry since the sprint q10 won't unlock and I am only able to make phone calls and text, no data.

I purchased a cheap nokia lumia and that will be my overseas phone until sprint gets their act together.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:44 PM
    Sorry my mistake I just checked it out on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247 and it allows me to configure my apn settings and it works but you don't get BlackBerry services
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141007_133927.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	303801

Just curious I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this but I can't text on Golan for some reason I receive texts but cant send them...

Can you test to see if your texts actually go through on Golan on your Z30?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:15 PM
    Just curious I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this but I can't text on Golan for some reason I receive texts but cant send them...

Can you test to see if your texts actually go through on Golan on your Z30?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I don't use Golan I borrowed a sim card from a friend to check it out I have Cellcom and it works perfectly

10-07-14 08:07 PM
    I don't use Golan I borrowed a sim card from a friend to check it out I have Cellcom and it works perfectly

Oh okay thanks anyways

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:31 AM