Just switched from a Q10 to a PP and want to take advantage of all the new screen real estate.

There was an option during initial set up which asked me about Disabling Screen Dim when running an App, but in all my wisdom, I ignored it.

Now i can no long find any option in setting to disable screen dimming when actively running an App like Netflix or Excel

Thank you for assistance
    10-08-14 07:26 PM
    I am not sure this is what you are looking for but,

System Settings, Security and Privacy, Device Password, Allow Apps to Extend Password Lock Time

This is the only thing that is coming to mind.
    10-08-14 08:48 PM
    Just switched from a Q10 to a PP and want to take advantage of all the new screen real estate.

There was an option during initial set up which asked me about Disabling Screen Dim when running an App, but in all my wisdom, I ignored it.

Now i can no long find any option in setting to disable screen dimming when actively running an App like Netflix or Excel

Thank you for assistance
    I think this is your second thread with the same question. Anyway, I don't remember having seen such an option during initial setup.
    However, 10.3.1 has an advanced interaction where the phone display doesn't time out when the phone is in use while in hand.

Maybe this is what you saw?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:16 PM

Thank you for assistance
    This is a new feature of "advanced interactions" in 10.3.1.x ... but you need to run a leak or beta build to get it for your Passport at the moment.
    10-08-14 09:31 PM
    Take a look at the app "Screen Timeout" in BB World. That may help.
    10-09-14 08:51 AM