Okay here's how I use GTD w Remember. I love typing "task" follow by the errand (you can do this in the "home screen"). This will automatically save in remember as unfiled. Then at the end of day I look over unfiled task and start assigning them folders and due dates. Folders are my projects and list. I also add tags for keywords and contexts. In the morning I start up remember and look at overall dues and tags. For shopping list I create folders labeled as shopping list and pick dates as someday. For items I don't want the checkbox I choose no date. I also color code my folders separating evernote (green), list(blue), and projects(red). What I haven't been able to figure is how to record memos quicky to later add to remember

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:10 PM
    sounds like the perfect way to use this application
    06-15-13 11:53 PM
    Thanks. Still trying to integrate voice memo

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:40 PM
    Nice, I will have to give remember another look. I have been using Wunderlist.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:45 PM
    Good, thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:59 PM
    Can you assign to online folders once creating an unfold task?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:05 AM
    The only way to save task to online/evernote is if you choose the folder as you create the folder. Hopefully the next update will change this

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:27 PM
    Sorry I meant as you create your task

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:28 PM
    Okay here's how I use GTD w Remember. I love typing "task" follow by the errand (you can do this in the "home screen"). This will automatically save in remember as unfiled.

Posted via CB10

Do you have a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 01:17 AM
    Yep

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:13 PM
    Okay worked out voice memo. Press the middle button between volume up and down and the say "note to self..." follow by whatever you want noted. Advantage of this is that you can quickly enter your thoughts/ideas even when you are driving or jogging

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 04:59 PM
    I have been a GTD user for many years. On my 9810, I used an application called ToDoMatrix that admittedly was overkill, and was clunky. I moved to the wonderful z30 at the start of the year, and started to develop a method of implementing GTD. I evaluated Remember, Wunderlist, Remember the Milke, and Any.do.

There were three key items I needed to support GTD. 1) Context, 2) the ability to have projects with tasks 3) dead simple to i) enter tasks into an inbox, ii)manage during the weekly review iii) operate on the fly.

With Wunderlist, Any.do, and Remember the milk, (I am sure people use these excellent apps successfully), I found I could not get all I needed from any of them. After playing with Remember, it turns out it is a VERY good at GTD. In fact, I think it is the best for this by far.

Here is how I have implemented GTD. (This includes GTD elements, 7 Habits elements, and Priority Management Elements I find useful.)

Folders
    Each Folder is set up as a 7 Habits Role. I integrate through a BES to MS Outlook, so some roles are associated with the office email and sync with MS office via the BES.

Roles (partial list, yours will vary)
    TASKS - Linked to Outlook at work, these are all my active work tasks
    50,000 ft someday - Linked to outlook at work
    Bucket list - on Z30 Things I will do someday
    Home Projects - on Z30
    Life with Wife - on Z30

To manage tasks;
    I enter a task from the main screen, and select if its a work task (goes into TASK), or home goes into (Unfiled Entries). I try and use the format for the task that is like this:Verb the noun with the object Example task is: Email Joe Boxer to get a list of accounts he plans on using on his IT project

And then I assign TAGS, due dates reminders etc.

How I use the Tags (this is the key to GTD)
    Assign a CONTEXT TAGS that start with "@".. such as ;
    @Computer - Things I must do at the computer
    @Calls - When I must call someone
    @Email When I must email someone
    @Office - Must be done when I am at the office
    @shopping - for items I must buy
    @errands - when I am out running around

Assign a PROJECT TAG to identify what project this is. These start with # such as;
    #Project 12345 at work
    #Staff performance appraisals
    #Build the shed in the back Yard
    #Plan for wedding anniversary

Assign PERSON TAG to identify who (if anyone) this relates to. Starts with $, such as ;
    $Joe Boxer
    $Betty in accounting

If you use the @, #, $ to start, when you select a TAG, REMEMBER will sort of filter the list as you type

Next Actions are determined by setting a due date. This is done in the weekly review.

To Operate the GTD at any point in time I do this;
    1) Open the folder that is your focus (ie. I open TASK for work related items)
    2) At the top of the screen select the down arrow and select what tags you want
    3) Select a CONTEXT TAG like @calls, and see all the calls you have to make, so when you are close to a phone, you can make the calls you have to make.
    4) Select a PROJECT TAG like #project 12345 and see all the tasks associated with the project. This is a great way to see what you need to do on a project. Perfect when you are in a meeting about the project.
    5) Select a PERSON TAG like $Joe Boxer, and see everything you need to discuss with Joe Boxer. This is a great way to use the list as a communication planner, as in, "Joe, I see there are 6 things I need to talk to you about"
    6) Need more slices, go nuts, assign *TAGS, % TAGS, &TAGS for any grouping you need

(Note: if you could select multiple TAGS, this would be if better, hint to Blackberry)

To see ALL your tasks;
    If you want to see ALL your task regardless of your role (folder), Start the process from the Entries view not the Folders view and you will see everything. I,e using @CALLS TAG from the entries view will display all @CALLS from all folders work, personal, house hold etc.

Weekly Review
    1) Go to the Unfiled Task, or whatever folder you start with, and Empty the IN. Assign each task to a folder, and TAG it (Context, Project, Person)
    2) Review active TASKS
    - I filter each ROLE folder by project TAG #, and go through each item. I adjust the due date to reorder the tasks, which gives me the Next Task. I have found it useful to do it this way so you can see the next few tasks. Also if you add a DUE DATE, the BB10 tight integration will put it in your daily calendar so you see what you have to do that day.
    - At the same time, I mark complete tasks that have been done, or edit the #PERSON TAG if the accountability of the project item has changed. Make any adjustment.
    3) I also delete all Completed tasks weekly to keep it clean

In Summary, Blackberry Remember is the best GTD application on the market IMHO, and its ours. If you find this write up helpful, thats great. If you have questions I will answer.
    Danny Nguyen Duy and 1Criz like this.
    03-29-14 01:37 PM
    I have been a GTD user for many years. On my 9810, I used an application called ToDoMatrix that admittedly was overkill, and was clunky. I moved to the wonderful z30 at the start of the year, and started to develop a method of implementing GTD. I evaluated Remember, Wunderlist, Remember the Milke, and Any.do.

There were three key items I needed to support GTD. 1) Context, 2) the ability to have projects with tasks 3) dead simple to i) enter tasks into an inbox, ii)manage during the weekly review iii) operate on the fly.

With Wunderlist, Any.do, and Remember the milk, (I am sure people use these excellent apps successfully), I found I could not get all I needed from any of them. After playing with Remember, it turns out it is a VERY good at GTD. In fact, I think it is the best for this by far.

Here is how I have implemented GTD. (This includes GTD elements, 7 Habits elements, and Priority Management Elements I find useful.)

Folders
    Each Folder is set up as a 7 Habits Role. I integrate through a BES to MS Outlook, so some roles are associated with the office email and sync with MS office via the BES.

Roles (partial list, yours will vary)
    TASKS - Linked to Outlook at work, these are all my active work tasks
    50,000 ft someday - Linked to outlook at work
    Bucket list - on Z30 Things I will do someday
    Home Projects - on Z30
    Life with Wife - on Z30

To manage tasks;
    I enter a task from the main screen, and select if its a work task (goes into TASK), or home goes into (Unfiled Entries). I try and use the format for the task that is like this:Verb the noun with the object Example task is: Email Joe Boxer to get a list of accounts he plans on using on his IT project

And then I assign TAGS, due dates reminders etc.

How I use the Tags (this is the key to GTD)
    Assign a CONTEXT TAGS that start with "@".. such as ;
    @Computer - Things I must do at the computer
    @Calls - When I must call someone
    @Email When I must email someone
    @Office - Must be done when I am at the office
    @shopping - for items I must buy
    @errands - when I am out running around

Assign a PROJECT TAG to identify what project this is. These start with # such as;
    #Project 12345 at work
    #Staff performance appraisals
    #Build the shed in the back Yard
    #Plan for wedding anniversary

Assign PERSON TAG to identify who (if anyone) this relates to. Starts with $, such as ;
    $Joe Boxer
    $Betty in accounting

If you use the @, #, $ to start, when you select a TAG, REMEMBER will sort of filter the list as you type

Next Actions are determined by setting a due date. This is done in the weekly review.

To Operate the GTD at any point in time I do this;
    1) Open the folder that is your focus (ie. I open TASK for work related items)
    2)At the top of the screen select the down arrow and select what tags you want
    3)Select a CONTEXT TAG like @calls, and see all the calls you have to make, so when you are close to a phone, you can make the calls you have to make.
    4)Select a PROJECT TAG like #project 12345 and see all the tasks associated with the project. This is a great way to see what you need to do on a project. Perfect when you are in a meeting about the project.
    5)Select a PERSON TAG like $Joe Boxer, and see everything you need to discuss with Joe Boxer. This is a great way to use the list as a communication planner, as in, "Joe, I see there are 6 things I need to talk to you about"
    6)Need more slices, go nuts, assign *TAGS, % TAGS, &TAGS for any grouping you need

(Note: if you could select multiple TAGS, this would be if better, hint to Blackberry)

To see ALL your tasks;
    If you want to see ALL your task regardless of your role (folder), Start the process from the Entries view not the Folders view and you will see everything. I,e using @CALLS TAG from the entries view will display all @CALLS from all folders work, personal, house hold etc.

Weekly Review
    1)Go to the Unfiled Task, or whatever folder you start with, and Empty the IN. Assign each task to a folder, and TAG it (Context, Project, Person)
    2)Review active TASKS
    - I filter each ROLE folder by project TAG #, and go through each item. I adjust the due date to reorder the tasks, which gives me the Next Task. I have found it useful to do it this way so you can see the next few tasks. Also if you add a DUE DATE, the BB10 tight integration will put it in your daily calendar so you see what you have to do that day.
    - At the same time, I mark complete tasks that have been done, or edit the #PERSON TAG if the accountability of the project item has changed. Make any adjustment.
    3)I also delete all Completed tasks weekly to keep it clean

In Summary, Blackberry Remember is the best GTD application on the market IMHO, and its ours. If you find this write up helpful, thats great. If you have questions I will answer.
    That looks really good, Craig. But is this system only for managing your own to-dos? How do you manage the tasks that assigned to someone else?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 01:49 PM
    To manage others task, I will set up a task as normal, and use a the context @waiting, and use the $TAG for the persons name.

So if I want to see what I have delegated, I filter on @waiting, and if I am meeting with someone, I will filter on $name to have a conversion with that person. I will see everything I have sent to them. Unlike Outlook, you can't delegate via an email. You have to talk to the person or send and email to agree on the task.

So to your point, it works better for managing you own tasks because you can'r share lists as in Wunderlist. All I do is track on my list what I expect from others.
    03-30-14 07:47 PM
    Hi Craig4444,
    thanks a lot for your great description. (yes, I realize it is an old thread;-)
    I just gave the thought on multiple tags a try, BB Classic O/S 10.3.something and it seems possible to assign >1 tage to a single task. thx + rggd / Mats
    05-18-15 09:30 AM
    I sligthly change this method

Use 4D (do, defer, delegate, delete)
    Task and memo mainly from flagged mail, evernote, feedly.
    - sad that evernote within remember don't retrieve tags
    - sad that flagged email can't be move to another folder
    - nested keywords would have been great

Folder = Location/Context (Work, Home, )

Action tag (.action) = .do (everything except read / answer), .read (for articles, memo that need to be read), .answer (for email which need an answer), .wait (for delegate task), for the moment i need only these tags for task i perform

Project tag (#project)

keyword tag (keyword) = keyword
    11-14-15 09:25 AM