Before i start explaining my story do take into consideration that it might get pretty lengthy, but i will try to weave out the nonsense and keep it to the point. Btw i have a Z10 (for now) and here we go,
    Me: *at my local Tim Hortons waiting in line for a coffee*
    Guy: Hey is that a new BlackBerry?!?!
    Me: Yeah it is.
    Guy: Oh, thats a shame.
    Me: Why is it a shame?
    Guy: Well it is the same old product BlackBerry has been offering for years with a full touchscreen.
    Me: No sorry your wrong this is nothing like the old BlackBerry. Have you even used the phone?
    Guy: Yeah i have i am the manager at *Blank* and had to use it for a couple weeks to educate myself on it.
    Me: When did you try it, if you dont mind me asking?
    Guy: When it first came out in February, the phone was a mess couldnt wait to go back to my GS3.
    Me: Well you do know that a lot has changed since February and tons of improvements have been implemented.
    Guy: Like what improvements?
    Me: Well for starters since you last used the phone BlackBerry has implemented lots of features like Priority Hub which allows you to filter out your priorities so they stand out from your other messages. New camera modes, more notification sounds, improved sharing functions, headless apps, usb host, browser enhancements, instant previews that let you answer anytime/ anywhere, lock screen notifications , a whole new android runtime that uses 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, multiple alarms, on screen keyboard enhancements, better copy/paste functions, enhanced audio (bb natural sound) and dark/ light theme options just to name a few.
    Guy: Wow, do you work for BlackBerry?
    Me: No i just know and enjoy the product. Also i have not turned a blind eye because it doesnt have all the top apps.
    Guy: Yeah but the new BlackBerrys are so expensive and hard to compete with android phones that have the same specs but cost less.
    Me: Apple is extremely under speced when compared with android devices but still runs better than most android phones. It is not all about specs, its about software.
    Guy: Are you using the latest software on your phone?
    Me: Yes, but this software (10.2.1.1055) is still in development and i really shouldnt have it. * I showed him the new stuff in this build*
    Guy: Man im really impressed! Are you sure you dont work for BlackBerry?
    Me: Yes i dont work for BlackBerry this is a leak that i got from a forum that some awesome group of people shared.
    Guy: Well it looks like they are really stepping up their game, when they release a new phone next year ill give it a try.
    Me:* ordered coffee and went home with a grin*
    So in the end this guy had a bad experience with the product in its early stage and after showing him what 10.2.1 has in store he is now waiting for the next flagship BlackBerry10 device.
    11-16-13 03:12 PM
    nice, 10.2.1 definitely is a game changer. I can't wait until it drops hopefully early next year officially.
    11-16-13 03:25 PM
    I was browsing Crackberry one day when my gf sent me a Bbm message,
    A guy in my class sees the toast notification and me replying to it without leaving cb10.
    He says whoa, what's that, how are you doing that !!
    I tell him it's a fairly new feature on blackberry 10.
    He then says oh gross blackberry yuck...
    I said you went from amazed and envious that your phone couldn't do that to gross and yuck cause blackberry does it....

Most people I try to educate about BlackBerry 10 features, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy likes this.
    11-16-13 03:34 PM
    I get the same thing lol this guy however was in awe after i showed him how i could download an android app and install it directly to my phone.
    11-16-13 05:26 PM
    You have the 10.2.1 leak installed?
    How does it work exactly, does it not have to convert the Apk into a bar anymore?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:08 PM
    You have the 10.2.1 leak installed?
    How does it work exactly, does it not have to convert the Apk into a bar anymore?

Posted via CB10
    I have the latest leak (10.2.1.1055) and basically all u have to do is download an app from the browser then long press and in the right there will be an option to install. It converts the apk to bar on the device, no more side loading android apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:11 AM
    I've never installed a leak before so I don't wanna try now but I'm looking forward to that once my carrier releases it. Hurry Rogers! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and tonytraj17 like this.
    11-17-13 09:38 AM
    It must have been "fun" being the people in line with you.

Posted via CB10
    len pothier likes this.
    11-17-13 09:44 AM
    It must have been "fun" being the people in line with you.

Posted via CB10
    Oh it was fun lol
    11-17-13 12:33 PM
    Nice one.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    11-17-13 03:04 PM
    If you have a CIBC Credit card, you should have paid via NFC.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:26 PM
    A guy in my class sees the toast notification and me replying to it without leaving cb10.
    I said you went from amazed and envious that your phone couldn't do that to gross and yuck cause blackberry does it....

Most people I try to educate about BlackBerry 10 features, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Posted via CB10
    People like that guy in your class are only repeating what they have read on the internet and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about !
    11-17-13 04:26 PM
    Was at a party last night and a couple things happened, while we were talking around the kitchen table my brother bbm'd me, I unlocked the phone by using picture password, an apple guy said "what's that you just did? " " I unlocked my phone with a picture "
    "What? That's really cool!, what phone is that? "It's the new Z30 BlackBerry "
    "Oh BlackBerry, they're dead"
    "Nope, alive and kicking"
    "But that phone looks like a laptop, it's huge!"
    "You're right, nice clear screen and it's pretty much replaced my tablet and my laptop, I got a video of it being used as a laptop"
    " hey that's pretty cool, and the image is wirelessly put on the big screen?"
    "Yep"
    "Huh, my iPhone can't do that"
    "No it can't and I don't have to squint like you do every time you use your phone either "

" touche, nice phone"

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1055 thank you very much!!
    scrapmetal58 and tonytraj17 like this.
    11-17-13 04:39 PM
    I have the latest leak (10.2.1.1055) and basically all u have to do is download an app from the browser then long press and in the right there will be an option to install. It converts the apk to bar on the device, no more side loading android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Or just single tap the .apk file. The long-hold in the screenshots was just to show off the functionality.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    tonytraj17 and awindsr like this.
    11-17-13 05:12 PM
    If you have a CIBC Credit card, you should have paid via NFC.

Posted via CB10
    I dont but that would have been the icing on the cake for sure.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    11-17-13 05:44 PM
    Or just single tap the .apk file. The long-hold in the screenshots was just to show off the functionality.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Yes that works even better!
    11-17-13 05:45 PM
    Reading the original OP I really do wonder if people actually talk like tha because it sounds like a sales pitch to me

OS 10 is a long way from perfect and a few ppl are having very negetive experiences
    11-17-13 05:54 PM
    Reading the original OP I really do wonder if people actually talk like tha because it sounds like a sales pitch to me

OS 10 is a long way from perfect and a few ppl are having very negetive experiences
    I've only installed official updates from my carrier, I'm on Rogers running 10.2.0.1791 I belive and I've only had a hand full of errors and I think I caused most of then myself by not uninstall in side loads properly... I do feel bad for the Americans who are forced to leaks to remain up to date but when people ask me about what I like about it I have a hard time remembering all the features.
    I've had iPhone, I've had a few droids and I've had blackberry legacy devices. BlackBerry 10 OS is the best I've used for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:15 PM
    Was at a party last night and a couple things happened, while we were talking around the kitchen table my brother bbm'd me, I unlocked the phone by using picture password, an apple guy said "what's that you just did? " " I unlocked my phone with a picture "
    "What? That's really cool!, what phone is that? "It's the new Z30 BlackBerry "
    "Oh BlackBerry, they're dead"
    "Nope, alive and kicking"
    "But that phone looks like a laptop, it's huge!"
    "You're right, nice clear screen and it's pretty much replaced my tablet and my laptop, I got a video of it being used as a laptop"
    " hey that's pretty cool, and the image is wirelessly put on the big screen?"
    "Yep"
    "Huh, my iPhone can't do that"
    "No it can't and I don't have to squint like you do every time you use your phone either "

" touche, nice phone"

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1055 thank you very much!!
    How does the Z30 project wirelessly to the "big screen"? You mean like a projector?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. For a lot of people it could literally be

Guy: "Wow! Your phone prints unlimited quantities of totally legal money!?! Oh it's a BlackBerry... never mind".

You: "But you could buy any phone you wanted with the money it prints, you could buy---"

Guy: "Hey! I said never mind! I don't want a crappy BlackBerry!"

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:29 PM