Since everyone here is only talking that "masses don't want Blackberry 10 OS", "Blackberry 10 OS is dead", "Blackberry stopped developing Blackberry 10 OS", "Blackberry is going android OS only" and etc. so it is clear that Blackberry do not need Blackberry 10 OS anymore and just going to put 3 years job in recycle bin, so my question would be:
    Where I can send flash card and the equity transfer agreement so Blackberry could make a copy of BB10OS and sign agreement?

Since Blackberry 10 OS become mature OS thanks to Blackberry Team and just left one more basic homework to do is to put virtual keyboard letters / OS translations to android OS level, so finally masses and EVERYONE worldwide could start using BB10OS, but since lazy Blackberry "will not spend the time/money/effort to do so on BB10" and just kill it and just go and work only with worthless android OS, I want to finish this unfinished basic homework myself and to offer this greatest OS ever made for worldwide market.

P.S. Since Blackberry "Hardware Division" also seems to be unemployed soon as everyone is also only saying this as I see by "Blackberry will kill Hardware Division" "Blackberry becoming only software company" and etc. so it would be nice if you shared contacts of people who works in Hardware Division. It would be nice to have contacts so I could contact them after I finish putting virtual keyboard letters / OS translations to android OS level, because they creating soo beautiful devices design and hardware (like loudspeakers for Z30 and Passport Silver Edition) actually.

Thank You for all information in advance! Here's song for you, enjoy with your Z30 and Passport SE devices:

Last edited by novapolskas; 01-04-16 at 08:09 AM.
    xxslxx and gugomat like this.
    01-03-16 05:50 PM
    As a start : Contact Information - US

edited, because I had to read twice. Do you really mean you want to buy BB10 OS ?
    How I can buyout Blackberry 10 OS?-tumblr_mh2remsvhi1s410g9o1_500.gif
    01-03-16 06:02 PM
    As a start : Contact Information - US

edited, because I had to read twice. Do you really mean you want to buy BB10 OS ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mh2remSVhi1s410g9o1_500.gif 
Views:	2369 
Size:	466.6 KB 
ID:	386495
    I think so. I think the belief is that 0.3% of the market of few small countries will be profitable.

Edited to add - stunning GIF with movement of Ms. Hepburn.
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 01-04-16 at 04:42 PM.
    xxslxx likes this.
    01-03-16 08:00 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry can get a bidding war going between this guy and the MMA guy who was going to save BB10.

01-03-16 08:04 PM
    I think so. I think the belief is that 0.3% of the market of few small countries will be profitable.
    And that he's trying to compensate current millions user base with pennies oh, maybe for free ?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-04-16 06:32 AM
    I'm currently selling licensing rights to BB10. Full access to everything, and you can put BB10 on any device you like.

Simply drop $10,000 in cash in a FedEx Letter and PM me for my mailing address, and I'll have your license right out to you!
    01-04-16 12:53 PM
    I'm currently selling licensing rights to BB10. Full access to everything, and you can put BB10 on any device you like.

Simply drop $10,000 in cash in a FedEx Letter and PM me for my mailing address, and I'll have your license right out to you!
    There's a sucker born every minute, am I right?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    01-04-16 01:34 PM
    Hwut?
    01-04-16 02:03 PM
    While most may consider the OP's proposal overly optimistic, please also remember to remain civil -- no personal comments, please.
    01-04-16 04:16 PM
    You have some other problems. BlackBerry 10 are based on QNX and that they will not sell or give away. So ether you need to always pay BlackBerry for using there OS or make your own BB10.

As an example.
    I'm with another group that created an OS called haiku when BeOS went down and was bought by palm. It's nearly 15 years ago and not in beta stage. We tried to by the source but would cost to much even if no one was using it and it was last develop on 2001. If it was not only x86 pehaps one could make a QT framework, same way BlackBerry did but tat would take a lot of developer a lot of time.. just some thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 05:54 PM

I'm also a Nigerian Prince...

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-04-16 11:30 PM
    How I can buyout Blackberry 10 OS?-giphy.gif
    tryfe likes this.
    01-05-16 02:04 PM
    Since everyone here is only talking that "masses don't want Blackberry 10 OS", "Blackberry 10 OS is dead", "Blackberry stopped developing Blackberry 10 OS", "Blackberry is going android OS only" and etc. so it is clear that Blackberry do not need Blackberry 10 OS anymore and just going to put 3 years job in recycle bin, so my question would be:
    Where I can send flash card and the equity transfer agreement so Blackberry could make a copy of BB10OS and sign agreement?

Since Blackberry 10 OS become mature OS thanks to Blackberry Team and just left one more basic homework to do is to put virtual keyboard letters / OS translations to android OS level, so finally masses and EVERYONE worldwide could start using BB10OS, but since lazy Blackberry "will not spend the time/money/effort to do so on BB10" and just kill it and just go and work only with worthless android OS, I want to finish this unfinished basic homework myself and to offer this greatest OS ever made for worldwide market.

P.S. Since Blackberry "Hardware Division" also seems to be unemployed soon as everyone is also only saying this as I see by "Blackberry will kill Hardware Division" "Blackberry becoming only software company" and etc. so it would be nice if you shared contacts of people who works in Hardware Division. It would be nice to have contacts so I could contact them after I finish putting virtual keyboard letters / OS translations to android OS level, because they creating soo beautiful devices design and hardware (like loudspeakers for Z30 and Passport Silver Edition) actually.

Thank You for all information in advance! Here's song for you, enjoy with your Z30 and Passport SE devices:

Here are my thoughts from another string on Crackberry:

I don't know..... Take a million (or whatever) BB users there are out there and offer an upgrade package for $500 and you'd have $0.5 billion to play with - maybe develop key BB10 apps in house, and make other improvements (e.g., camera software)?

When BB10 came out there were so many people on this site trashing it (which probably didn't help sales !), and now I think a lot are coming to the realization that BB10 is actually very, very good. I mean, have you seen the calendar app on an Android?!!? Can you really multi-task without that silly split screen, pull files and attach them out of a file manager, use a real Hub, use RFA, and Blend? Sure - there are probably work arounds and apps galore at Google Play, but at the cost of battery draining and who knows what else - and it still isn't a smooth and coordinated. as BB10...... Take the BB users, do a survey on what apps they "have to have", prioritize them and develop them in house, then turn around and sell a package - maybe so much an app? ...... The BB customers who know the value of BB10, and are secure in not having access to thousands of meaningless apps might go for this.
    01-05-16 02:18 PM

Funny....

But sadly, I wonder how many $10,000 checks it would really take to keep BB10 in development. That's the thing that the OP doesn't understand... forget the Billions wasted on BB10's creation - it still would cost 100's of million to keep BB10 in development and current. BB10 isn't "finished" no OS is ever finished (well in a way I guess BB10 is finished, but not the way he meant). Just look at 10.3.2.2876... they might have fixed something, but they broke the Android Runtime and my Wi-Fi.... so back to the drawing board.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-16 02:21 PM
    Here are my thoughts from another string on Crackberry:

I don't know..... Take a million (or whatever) BB users there are out there and offer an upgrade package for $500 and you'd have $0.5 billion to play with - maybe develop key BB10 apps in house, and make other improvements (e.g., camera software)?

When BB10 came out there were so many people on this site trashing it (which probably didn't help sales !), and now I think a lot are coming to the realization that BB10 is actually very, very good. I mean, have you seen the calendar app on an Android?!!? Can you really multi-task without that silly split screen, pull files and attach them out of a file manager, use a real Hub, use RFA, and Blend? Sure - there are probably work arounds and apps galore at Google Play, but at the cost of battery draining and who knows what else - and it still isn't a smooth and coordinated. as BB10...... Take the BB users, do a survey on what apps they "have to have", prioritize them and develop them in house, then turn around and sell a package - maybe so much an app? ...... The BB customers who know the value of BB10, and are secure in not having access to thousands of meaningless apps might go for this.

Sounds good.... only paying for software updates, not really sure how many users you could count on paying for that. In my experience people would rather put that money in a new device with an up to date OS than trying to keep some old hardware going. And BlackBerry building apps, we are long past that point - and plus that would only add to the cost, unless you'd be willing to pay $50 for an Instagram App, and then in six months another $50 for the updated version..... and on and on it would go.

The way I see it, if the other 99.7% of smartphone users out there can get along without BlackBerry... it must not be all that tough to do.
    01-05-16 03:00 PM
    To me, BB10 was never considered a bad OS in the beginning - just incomplete. Unfortunately, too little, too late, in this sales driven market. No one cares about loyalty......unless you're continuing to (support) buy a product that's making money. Someone actually sent me an email asking if there was a slight possibility of the Playbook getting an Android OS update. My response was between slim and none, I'll stick with none. Some just won't let it go. OP, I've read your comments......a few times. I'll just say good luck and leave it at that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-16 03:26 PM
    Sounds good.... only paying for software updates, not really sure how many users you could count on paying for that. In my experience people would rather put that money in a new device with an up to date OS than trying to keep some old hardware going. And BlackBerry building apps, we are long past that point - and plus that would only add to the cost, unless you'd be willing to pay $50 for an Instagram App, and then in six months another $50 for the updated version..... and on and on it would go.

The way I see it, if the other 99.7% of smartphone users out there can get along without BlackBerry... it must not be all that tough to do.
    Well that's my question - what would BB users pay for a good Instagram or FB app , or whatever that really ran well on BB10 that they "have to have"? I mean - BB10 is too good to just walk away from when it could be enhanced (I know - the apps !!) - I think people would pay for them - maybe not $50, but something more than $1.99.
    01-05-16 03:34 PM
    sales driven market
    That's redundant.
    01-05-16 03:52 PM
    Well that's my question - what would BB users pay for a good Instagram or FB app , or whatever that really ran well on BB10 that they "have to have"? I mean - BB10 is too good to just walk away from when it could be enhanced (I know - the apps !!) - I think people would pay for them - maybe not $50, but something more than $1.99.
    Basically the app developers in question, most of them, have decided that the price of porting and SUPPORTING for something well under 1% of the market isn't worth it. Don't forget Microsoft don't have a lot of these apps. And I don't know many things for sure but one of them is that Microsoft has more money than any of us.
    Elephant_Canyon and kbz1960 like this.
    01-05-16 04:58 PM
    People have started polls like this here many, many times, and they can rarely get a dozen people to even post publicly that they'd pay $10 for an app like FB that's BB10 native and "good." Far more complain that they won't pay for things you can get on other platforms for free, or that they've spent lots of money already, or have been "loyal" to BB and are therefore "owed" a great FB app, etc., etc.

If it was as easy as you think, would not BB have done this themselves? Wouldn't far more people trust paying BB $10 for a great FB app, compared to some random person on the 'net? Yet, they didn't do it. Perhaps you should consider why not...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-16 05:28 PM
    That's redundant.
    LOL. Same goes for a lot of the threads, Einstein. But, ask me if I give a damn. Go ahead.....ask.
    01-05-16 10:19 PM
    Because BB is trying to be a large competitive player with a reasonable market share comparable to the phones/OS' based on Android and iPhone. They lost this battle and now say their strength is in software. OK - that can be multi-faceted. But one facet could be the continued enhancement of BB10. Sure - charge for the upgrades like you would for any other software package - if the upgrades are well thought out and bring value I think that there are a lot of BB owners out there that would pay for them.

When you look at the Galaxy and iPhone markets, it's the same thing every year - a lot of people rush out to get the newest phone that has very minimal improvements compared to it's predecessor model. The software and hardware are really not advancing much here. But the customers feel comforted they have the latest version of their phone - but how long will this business model last? I mean, really - how much better will the S7 be compared to the S4, and the iPhone7 compared to the iPhone4 - I would bet the average buyer doesn't even know or care. It's just "the latest".

While cell phones used to be a novelty, what phone you carried may have been of interest to others, but today nearly everyone has a smart phone and I don't hear anyone at Starbucks ask "hey- what kind of phone is that". I lay my Z30 out on the conference room tables in meetings and no one has rver leaned over and said "what kind of phone is that?" It's becoming a commodity market.

I think BB should split away and offer professionals what they need and want and let the rest slug out the market share battle.
    Last edited by Valker; 01-06-16 at 08:57 AM.
    01-06-16 08:45 AM
    Because BB is trying to be a large competitive player with a reasonable market share comparable to the phones/OS' based on Android and iPhone. They lost this battle and now say their strength is in software. OK - that can be multi-faceted. But one facet could be the continued enhancement of BB10. Sure - charge for the upgrades like you would for any other software package - if the upgrades are well thought out and bring value I think that there are a lot of BB owners out there that would pay for them.

When you look at the Galaxy and iPhone markets, it's the same thing every year - a lot of people rush out to get the newest phone that has very minimal improvements compared to it's predecessor model. The software and hardware are really not advancing much here. But the customers feel comforted they have the latest version of their phone - but how long will this business model last? I mean, really - how much better will the S7 be compared to the S4, and the iPhone7 compared to the iPhone4 - I would bet the average buyer doesn't even know or care. It's just "the latest".

While cell phones used to be a novelty, what phone you carried may have been of interest to others, but today nearly everyone has a smart phone and I don't hear anyone at Starbucks ask "hey- what kind of phone is that". I lay my Z30 out on the conference room tables in meetings and no one has rver leaned over and said "what kind of phone is that?" It's becoming a commodity market.

I think BB should split away and offer professionals what they need and want and let the rest slug out the market share battle.
    They already lost that battle. Professionals don't want BB in great enough numbers. They want iPhones or Android.
    01-06-16 09:13 AM
    I highly doubt that even 10% of BB10 owners would pay anything for them, and there are less than 8M active BB10 users. So, perhaps 800k users would pay something for upgrades - perhaps $10/year? So, that would give you $8M to work with. That would pay for 6 months of the costs of the skeleton crew that is taking 9 months to come out with the 10.3.3 update - which has no new features and is mainly security updates and some bug-fixes. You'd need to get $200/year or more out of each of those 800k users in order to pay for something remotely close to the kind of team that could be adding new features to BB10, except that if you tried to get $200/year from those users, 80% would say "no way" and you'd be down to 64k users - and then you'd need $1600/year from them to make the numbers match - but there's no way you'd get that.

Developing something as complicated as a mobile OS, with all the many dependencies it has to have for acceptance on cellular networks, online services, and security certs, etc. is incredibly expensive, which is why Chen stated he needed to sell 10M BB10 devices per year to break even. Now that they're using Android instead, and have shifted the bulk of the OS and app costs to Google, they only need to sell 5M phones per year - and they're not even meeting that very low threshold right now.

You aren't going to get a team of pros to continue developing BB10 for the costs of beer and pizza - the guys with their skills are highly in demand and command good salaries and benefits, and there are plenty of companies willing to pay them, so you aren't going to get them to stick around out of loyalty to BB when they have bills to pay and families to feed.

The numbers simply don't add up. BB10 has never turned a cent in profit - instead it has cost the company in the neighborhood of $9B (US) of net loses. To continue BB10 development is to continue accumulating loses, and Chen and the BoD are trying to move past that, because if they don't, the entire company will fail.

While technically BB10 isn't officially EOL, because there are 2 planned (minor) maintenance updates scheduled - 10.3.3 in March and 10.3.4 likely due by the end of the year - BB has already stated that this is the extend of BB10's "ongoing support". There won't be new features for the OS, no updates to the development tools (which are badly out of date), and no updates to the Android Runtime, which will forever be stuck on 4.3 Jellybean. That makes BB10 a zombie OS - it isn't quite dead yet, but it isn't really alive either.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-06-16 05:40 PM