I've been using AquaMail instead of the default Gmail and Email apps on my S4. AquaMail has an interesting feature called "Smart Folder." Smart Folder is a unified inbox for all email accounts, but with a difference: You can set it so that emails only stay there for a certain length of time. The default is one day. After the time is up, the emails disappear from Smart Folder but stay in the individual accounts.

The idea is that new email is inherently higher priority than old email, so your inbox should just show you what's new. You get to choose what counts as "new", from values of 10 minutes, one hour, eight hours, one day, three days, five days, one week, and "all current". You can also set it to hold only unread mail, so that as soon as you read an email it's gone from Smart Folder. Also, you can set it to hold onto starred messages indefinitely, so there's really a lot of flexibility.

This isn't meant to be an advert for AquaMail, but just an illustration of what I'm finding to be a very flexible and useful way of using a unified email inbox. It seems to me that the BB10 Hub could be even better if it had similar capabilities, not limited just to email.
    mooda likes this.
    01-16-14 09:37 AM
    there is the pinch filter in the HUB

pinch to sort by unread or other options i really only use it for unread messages. it allows you to see things really quick.

not as well as what you have described but a step in the right direction i think
    ubizmo likes this.
    01-16-14 10:54 AM
    there is the pinch filter in the HUB

pinch to sort by unread or other options i really only use it for unread messages. it allows you to see things really quick.

not as well as what you have described but a step in the right direction i think
    I don't remember that. Maybe it's new since I left for the S4, or maybe I just overlooked it.
    01-16-14 01:32 PM
    Yes pinch hub is great. Guess you missed out

Posted from Z10@10.2.1.1259#ATT via CB10
    01-16-14 03:57 PM
    Yes pinch hub is great. Guess you missed out

I have 10.2.1.1925 I pinch and it just gets bigger/smaller but doesn't move them to the top. How do you enable this feature?
    01-16-14 04:19 PM
    First things first... this is not a knock against you or the app. I'm just a little confused.

So it will show the days emails, or whichever timeline you choose, in one folder, which is cool, but if you need to reference the previous days/weeks/months emails, you need to exit the folder, go to the "main" folder and search from there? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but seeing as emails are stored in chronological order anyway, isn't this a little redundant? Choose a new folder or just scroll down... scrolling seems a bit easier no?

Again, I could be totally missing the idea here so forgive me.
    01-16-14 06:21 PM
    I have 10.2.1.1925 I pinch and it just gets bigger/smaller but doesn't move them to the top. How do you enable this feature?
    Go into hub options and set you option. I use unread messages. So it hides all messages read in hub.
    How the Hub could be improved-img_20140116_211324.png

Ps: it works under each account in hub not just hub.

LuayS likes this.
    01-16-14 08:14 PM
    First things first... this is not a knock against you or the app. I'm just a little confused.

So it will show the days emails, or whichever timeline you choose, in one folder, which is cool, but if you need to reference the previous days/weeks/months emails, you need to exit the folder, go to the "main" folder and search from there? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but seeing as emails are stored in chronological order anyway, isn't this a little redundant? Choose a new folder or just scroll down... scrolling seems a bit easier no?

Again, I could be totally missing the idea here so forgive me.
    Here's a quotation from the AquaMail FAQ:

The Smart Folder shows messages that are unread, or which, over a selectable time period:
    1) were received by the application;
    2) were sent (this is the date/time in the header);
    3) were read, including read in other apps (for IMAP).
    You can include or exclude starred messages in this list, please see app settings under Smart Folder.
    In other words, this is the list of messages that might require attention, or that you might need to come back to. This folder is enabled by default, but can be disabled in the apps settings.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-18-14 07:15 AM