I'm not being sarcastic or asking a rhetorical question. I'm no programmer so I'm really asking. Would it be possible for BB to make their future phones run on a highly customized version of Android that, on the surface, looks and behaves like BB10?

The reason why I'm curious is because I honestly like BB10's interface. Minimizing apps and looking into the hub for messages is all so fluid and quick, I've used every other phone and the whole moving my thumb up and down between the buttons and the touchscreen is not really that intuitive like BB10 is once you learn the gestures.

But the reason why I'm curious if it can be an Android underneath is so it can access google play and all of the Android apps without the need to know how to side load things with a PC or whatever. I'm fine with it, but I can see how the majority of casual users do not see that as an alternative...

Of course the security needs to be beefed up to BB standards, they need to find a way to integrate Balance, keyboard shortcuts, and stuff like that, it'll be a completely overhauled version of Android that won't be recognizable, but I bet they'll have the best Android phones on the market if that was the case... Of course not by raw speed standards, but overall user experience and security-wise...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-08-13 12:11 PM
    Heck, I bet if that was the case, other Android phone makers would be begging to purchase licenses to that customized Android build to use on their phones...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-08-13 12:13 PM
    Not that hard but it would be a lot of work and it would be less efficient and well pretty pointless. A customised version of BlackBerry os10 that looked like android and behaved like android would make more sense. One of the few things BlackBerry has going for it is that its more secure than android.
    11-08-13 12:55 PM
    Not that hard but it would be a lot of work and it would be less efficient and well pretty pointless. A customised version of BlackBerry os10 that looked like android and behaved like android would make more sense. One of the few things BlackBerry has going for it is that its more secure than android.
    How would that make more sense? The number one thing holding BB back for the casual consumer is the lack of apps. What's the point of it "looking" like an Android but not having access to Google play and all of the Android apps? There's honestly nothing that great about the "look" of Android in my opinion...
    11-08-13 01:43 PM