Since all BlackBerry 10 browsers are more less falling apart, and they work superslow, how realistic is that BlackBerry rewrites stock browser only, and optimise it enough for normal daily use. I am not asking for mega updates or ART improvement or anything that big, just one small browser rework.
    I just can't believe that passport with 3gb ram and SD 801 works t:his crappy while browsing.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-17 11:18 AM
    Highly unlikely.
    Time to move on.
    10-18-17 11:29 AM
    There are large teams that maintain Chrome and Safari. The internet changes every minute; the work of keeping a browser current and working smoothly is a HUGE job.

BlackBerry can't and won't put that kind of money into a browser that is supporting no actual revenue,
    Last edited by app_Developer; 10-18-17 at 02:35 PM.
    10-18-17 11:46 AM
    Plus the BlackBerry Browser is mostly contained in the OS itself. The app is mainly the UI.

This complicates matters significantly.
    10-18-17 12:31 PM
    Since all BlackBerry 10 browsers are more less falling apart, and they work superslow, how realistic is that BlackBerry rewrites stock browser only, and optimise it enough for normal daily use. I am not asking for mega updates or ART improvement or anything that big, just one small browser rework.
    I just can't believe that passport with 3gb ram and SD 801 works t:his crappy while browsing.

Posted via CB10
    I think that raises more questions on net neutrality and a whole world of bs regarding the internet and not the browser.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 03:53 AM
    When BB10 was released, on lesser hardware than the Passport, it was hailed as "the best", "the fastest", and "the highest HTML5 compatibility". Are any of those things true today? No.
    Why not?
    It's because the web, probably more than any other aspect of computing, is CONSTANTLY changing, with new standards, new extensions, new requirements, new security developments, etc. The second you stop actively developing your web browser, it's going obsolete, and while you might not notice for a little while, it all catches up before too long. That's exactly what we're seeing here, and it's completely expected.

But BB isn't going to be spending any money to update an OS's browser that they stopped developing 3 years ago, especially given that, as previously mentioned, the browser is heavily embedded into the OS.
    BB has left the mobile phone business except for their Android and brand licensing. Updating the BB10 browser not only would cost them money that they have no way to recover, but would potentially hurt their licensing business too. There is simply no business case to make for doing so.
    10-19-17 01:52 PM
    The browser in bb10 is very nice actually. It have a nice score in html5test. 395. For most web site it's work. For some site with old bootstrap mobile framework the mobile don't detect bb10 mobile browser but with last bootstrap website there is no issues

All native browser in blackberry World use core browser with some function add on. They use webview possibity offer by sdk bb10.

Sorry for my English.

Love Peace and share
    10-19-17 02:09 PM
    So, for the OP, the answer is, "quite difficult, actually, so unlikely to happpen."

Posted with my trusty Z10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-19-17 02:24 PM
    Might be able to update it or add some plugins it is not hard to access just a bit of a maze in there the first few times looking around, I dont really want to brick the thing on an uninformed first attempt so I haven't tried.

Or you could make or install a webkit on your media card. If its really that slow for you then there must be a waste of your phones resources somewhere consider tracking down that problem or habit.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 12:40 AM
    As a programmer, this is daunting task and no PM in his/her right mind will undertake it.
    10-21-17 12:54 AM
    Defeatist attitudes are not progressive. We wouldnt even have the damn wheel if everyone thought like that.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 01:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try to use Qbrowser Pro from BBW. Superfast!!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 03:59 AM
    Try to use Qbrowser Pro from BBW. Superfast!!

Posted via CB10
    Qbrowser is a good browser but it can't be more fast than the stock browser. It use like other the core webkit browser. Webview

Love Peace and share
    10-21-17 04:12 AM
    Qbrowser is a good browser but it can't be more fast than the stock browser. It use like other the core webkit browser. Webview

Love Peace and share
    Did you try it?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 04:47 AM
    Did you try it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I buy Qbrowser pro

Love Peace and share
    10-21-17 04:49 AM
    Defeatist attitudes are not progressive. We wouldnt even have the damn wheel if everyone thought like that.

Posted via CB10
    Problem is, BB10 was inventing the wheel while everybody else was already driving their cars.
    elfabio80 and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-21-17 06:01 AM
    Problem is, BB10 was inventing the wheel while everybody else was already driving their cars.
    But these wheels are easy to take off and inspect.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 05:25 PM
    Plus the BlackBerry Browser is mostly contained in the OS itself. The app is mainly the UI.

This complicates matters significantly.
    It's open source isn't it ?
    Or it was, can remember some people mentioning it a while back
    10-21-17 06:30 PM
    Neither BB10 nor the BB10 browser is open-source, no. QNX was open-sourced at one time years ago, but not for a decade or more.
    10-22-17 03:29 PM
    The core rendering engine they use is Apple’s WebKit, which is open source. BB published some of their modifications, but the last commit they posted that I saw was in 2013. So if they’ve made updates to the engine since then, they haven’t shared those with the WebKit community.

The rest of the browser is not open.
    10-22-17 06:04 PM
    I was under the impression it was mostly google's for the webkit and Selenium Core. The whole platform and webkit can be cloned or extracted from the stock browser or with something like Ghost Commander in file:///usr/share/, and the Android version is in local:/// I think it would be easier to simply run a site built to redirect BB10 stock browser around the net with its own formatting / markup. Easier to collaborate and update.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 06:48 PM
    The core rendering engine they use is Apple’s WebKit, which is open source. BB published some of their modifications, but the last commit they posted that I saw was in 2013. So if they’ve made updates to the engine since then, they haven’t shared those with the WebKit community.

The rest of the browser is not open.
    That's what I was thinking of, I knew something was opened up
    10-23-17 03:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can you quantify "this crappy". What are you using-website url etc, how slow is it?
    What band/service is you phone using or is it wifi?
    What are you comparing?
    Just did a quick little test myself the bb10 device . 7 seconds (1 steamboat 2...) to render full page....desktop took 5seconds....surprised the bb10 was almost as fast as a very fast desktop...but then again if might have been my wifi.

Sometimes my telecom provider sneakily downgrades my 3g 4g to the slower older services and then my bb10 hangs - I have to go in and force it back on 3g 4g which works (!!!) and stays there. And I know my wifi provider bottlenecks me, even though it isn't supposed to do that on my plan....either that or sometimes someone is running several xbox,nintendo, playstation and netflix loads overtaxing my wifi...and 57 web pages opened all tieing up refresh resources.....or crackberry...well that's another matter nevermind.
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 10-24-17 at 01:51 AM.
    10-24-17 01:41 AM
    Can you quantify "this crappy". What are you using-website url etc, how slow is it?
    What band/service is you phone using or is it wifi?
    What are you comparing?
    Just did a quick little test myself the bb10 device . 7 seconds (1 steamboat 2...) to render full page....desktop took 5seconds....surprised the bb10 was almost as fast as a very fast desktop...but then again if might have been my wifi.

Sometimes my telecom provider sneakily downgrades my 3g 4g to the slower older services and then my bb10 hangs - I have to go in and force it back on 3g 4g which works (!!!) and stays there. And I know my wifi provider bottlenecks me, even though it isn't supposed to do that on my plan....either that or sometimes someone is running several xbox,nintendo, playstation and netflix loads overtaxing my wifi...and 57 web pages opened all tieing up refresh resources.....or crackberry...well that's another matter nevermind.
    Bandwith throttling, another thing with ISP's. Is this going to get worse for people?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-17 11:33 AM