View Poll Results: Do you prefer your BB10 phone to your previous phone?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Previous BB7 User:Yes I prefer it

57 58.76%
  • Previous BB7 User: Its about the same

2 2.06%
  • Previous BB7 User:No I prefer my old phone

6 6.19%
  • Previous iPhone User:Yes I prefer it

8 8.25%
  • Previous iPhone User: Its about the same

0 0%
  • Previous iPhone User:No I prefer my old phone

0 0%
  • Previous Android User:Yes I prefer it

16 16.49%
  • Previous Android User: Its about the same

2 2.06%
  • Previous Android User:No I prefer my old phone

0 0%
  • I havent tried BB10 yet

6 6.19%
10-08-13 12:33 PM
61 123
tools
    Not perfect by any means, but much better then other offerings currently available in the market.
    I love it....would give it 9 out of 10.

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    09-24-13 12:04 PM
    Very happy. Thrilled to have an OS that's innovating. Love it to much that I traded my iPhone so I could have both the Q10 and Z10. I think they're both winners.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1743
    STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-24-13 12:59 PM
    If I list my Z tomorrow I would be mad. I can't be the only one but the Z feels just so right when you hold it. The tactile and size is perfect. I don't think there's another phone that feels that great.
    09-24-13 03:24 PM
    My Q10 is hands-down the best phone on the market for me.

That said, it's a big letdown vs. my 9930.

I miss so much of the "real" BlackBerry experience. I miss the back button, the BlackBerry key for context menus, the precision of link selection and text editing from the track pad. And there are a half-dozen apps missing from the old catalog that I miss and for which there is no replacement or substitute.

Then again, I don't miss battery pulls, ctrl-shift-del, 10-minute hangs, freezes and random app closures. But I wasn't expecting to have those, either.

Honestly, I am managing disappointment more than basking in the glow of the year-overdue BlackBerry 10. I hope they can step it up at some point. I need a physical keyboard. Nothing else will do.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 03:26 PM
    I'd rate my z10 a 7.5 out of 10. I actually like it more, and more every time I use it.

The browser is as good as a stock smartphone browser gets (better than chrome, safari, and wp8 browser).

The native keyboard is awesome only complaint with it is that the tiles remain capitalized when toggling between uppercase to lowercase (not devastating at all really imho). My z10 isn't laggy, the screen is decent enough, sound is not impressive, but definitely gets the job done. It feels like a good quality device over all. The BlackBerry Hub is amazing (just recently made a BlackBerry account).

I really enjoy the fact that a YouTube video will run in the background while the audio remains audible giving an option to do something else for a few seconds, and hop back in without reloading an app. There are a lot of useful features within the os, and ui that easily goes unoticed only because they blend very well, and are completely natural in feeling.

Before the z10 I had the q10 (briefly... wasn't keen on the small screen/physical qwerty combo), lumia 1020 (camera on it is just wicked, but wp8), and a nexus 4 (I'm in too deep within the Google eco to give up an android device...lol). Now my daily drivers are the nexus 4 (for apps/games/movies/music), and z10 (for all the cool things that blackberry brings to the table). I use whichever has a battery charge at the time, but neither replaces the other. I prefer to use my z10 as a phone, and my nexus 4 as a portable mini entertainment player with phone capabilities (both are easier to carry than a phone/tablet/laptop combo so don't judge me).

Rating for z10= 8.5/10

Like everyone else I do wish for more apps like Netflix, Hbo go, Paypal, Paypal here, and other famous apps to be available on the z10. While I have a wishlist going I might as well add Google services like drive, keep, voice, Google movies, and my all access subscription (probably not going to happen). I somewhat understand Google not gift wrapping their services for use on blackberry, but I don't understand why Netflix, hulu, Paypal, and the other larger companies aren't developing native BlackBerry counterparts for their apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:28 AM
    Loooooooove my Z10........haaaaaate when I have to use my wife's Galaxy Tab 3, the UI is horrible to use. Seriously, a Back button?? I can't imagine having to use iOS or android after zipping around BB10 so fast and intuitively.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Ohh that exactly how I feel! Only my boyfriend has a Galaxy S3, but same frustrations there. Don't want to switch to anything else ever again, BB10 is it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-25-13 06:14 AM
    Love the bb10! Will not leave BlackBerry again unless I would have too. Last BlackBerry I had was the bold then switch to android s3 and now back to the Q10 and could not be happier! The ease and flow is much better than android to me. I have not updated my ipad to the new ios just because I don't use it anymore, my 4 year old gets more use out of that toy. Even with having my 10.1 note I pick it up less and less the longer I have this phone! If BlackBerry revamped the playbook and had bb10 I would buy upon release! I feel that BlackBerry has stepped up the game compared to my bold! I missed the trackpad at first but now I feel it would be a waste of space!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:29 AM
    Not perfect by any means, but much better then other offerings currently available in the market.
    I love it....would give it 9 out of 10.

Using BlackBerry Z-10, Don't be jealous be envy.
    Same same
    09-25-13 10:56 AM
    Great to see all the input, this it is pretty conclusive that if you try a bb10 device you will like it but this may be because those of us who have transferred to bb10 were more open to trying bb10 due to being a little unhappy with our current platforms.

So maybe if you are a happy ios or android or bb7 user bb10 doesn't attract you enough to switch, some of this I think is marketing or brand perception or may depend on what exactly you want your phone to do.

Or it could be all the users who are unhappy with bb10 don't come to Crackberry as they have already traded their phones in :-)
    09-25-13 01:08 PM
    I'm happy with my Android, and my BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 01:31 PM
    Been in love with my Z10 since day one. End of story!
    09-25-13 01:34 PM
    Can't get enough of my Q10!! BUT... this device seems to use a lot more of my data allowance! I somehow can use as much as 100mb a day! And with my limit at 750mb a month, I can sometimes occur extra charges with vodafone UK

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 01:38 PM
    I' love my z10. I have all the apps I need. it runs great. Not a single issue. 9/10.i only have a small wish that the music player played nicer with iTunes and my music.it took me months to get all my album art to show.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:32 PM
    I'm still loving my Z10 since May and when I officially update it to 10.2, I'm going to love it even more.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:22 PM
    Thanks again for all the replies, I really hope blackberry come up with a way to get more bb10 devices into people's hands as it seems most people really like them.
    09-28-13 03:26 PM
    Very much and I love the whole experience of BlackBerry Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4633

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:28 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Z10 although from time to time, I get a little bored of using it. It's not the device itself. It's the fact that the phone is very intuitive and things are done intuitively which leads to some kind of robotic actions... maybe I need something more explosive added on the phone. or maybe my living environment is too much boring to let me enjoy more or all the Z10 capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:32 PM
    100% with my devices. Both my Q10 and Z10 have exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to scoop the Z30. I'm not satisfied with how BBRY had handled marketing and promotions however.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:35 PM
    I'm very happy with my Q. I'd have to say that Mt overall experience ranks it as an 8/10. There are still a few messaging bugs that need to be worked out.

One thing, when you're playing music and that very large icon takes over its annoying sometimes. If BlackBerry could add a "minimize" button, that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:45 PM
    I'm very happy with my Z10. I never had the random reboots or other problems. Maybe I was just lucky. But the Z10 is a brilliant smart phone and I need no other. Since 2000 BlackBerry has been there for me.

Posted with my Z10 using CB10
    09-28-13 06:26 PM
    Extremely flawed poll... Former Windows Mobile 6.5.1 user who switched but there is no option for me.

I stayed with Windows Mobile over Windows Phone because Microsoft decided to take a major step backwards in ActiveSync implementation with the Windows Phone reboot, and I am a Microsoft Exchange guy. Honestly the only reason I considered a Z10 is I lost my antique in a movie theatre, and honestly that's the best thing to happen to me in a while as I >LOVE< my Z10.

I have never personally owner a BlackBerry before in my life, but I have used them at work forever, and now I can't imagine ever switching platforms again. They had better survive because I don't want to become an iPhone or Android user and Windows Phone just looks dumb to me since I am not a social media guy...
    eyecrispy likes this.
    09-29-13 02:36 PM
    Coming from a Galaxy S3 I'm extremely happy with my Q10. I was a long time BB user and decided to try the Droid when it first came out. I really wasn't that impressed and went back to the Bold. The huge explosion in the android market swept me up but now I'm really thrilled to have a BB again. And I think its way cooler than my S3.Theres so many things about it I love--the keyboard and perfect size for my hands top the list. I'm satisified with the apps with one exception--I need to know if there is an audible.com app and can be loaded on my Q10 and how would I do that? Thanks!
    10-02-13 07:21 PM
    My z10 rocks!

I just wish BB would stop making promises they cannot keep. Seriously, we waited far too long for BB10.
    Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:40 PM
    1 out of 10 for me.

If you look at the core functionality in previous Blackberries, most of that has disappeared in this. For me, that's why I buy BlackBerry devices, so this is a step backwards for me, regardless of how pretty the OS looks.

It's a QNX device with a keyboard. It should be a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    10-02-13 07:46 PM
    Love it!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:00 PM
61 123