I picked up a Z10 for my Inlaws who were using an old samsung restore. I was able to transfer all of their contacts from the samsung to the Z10 with no problems. I created them a new gmail account and a blackberry id. I set up their gmail account on the Z10 and told it to sync mail, contacts and calendar. It doesn't seem to want to take the contacts that are on the phone and send them to the new gmail account for some reason.

I have checked all the settings and compared them to my Q10 and my wifes Z10 and still nothing.

Anyone have any tips for me on this one?

Thanks,
    Chadd
    10-02-13 03:54 AM
    From what I've understand, the Samsung phone should have the Gmail contact right? so, you can export that contact to the new Gmail account. Or you can sideload "super backup" apps and backup the contact then import the backup file to the new Gmail account. I'm sorry if I'm not helping.Thanks.
    10-02-13 05:05 AM
    If the above doesn't work, there are a couple of options.
    Sync the Z10 contacts to Outlook desktop contacts on PC using BB Link; then export that list to a .csv file; import that list to Gmaill.
    Use a contact backup app on the z10 (such as Contact X BlackBerry World - Contact X) to backup the contacts to a csv file; import that list into Gmail
    If there aren't a lot of contacts, you can share them by email from device and email them to the Gmail account. Open the Z10 contacts list, long press on a contact then select up to 10 at a time using the multi-select check. Then tap the share icon, send via the email account.

Hope one of these help.
    10-02-13 08:08 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, so will the contacts that are on the phone not sync without having them on Gmail first? I thought that it was a two way sync and any contacts on the phone would be sent to Gmail

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 02:48 PM
    Make a vcard or just transfer them to the sim card. The easiest and quickest way.
    10-02-13 03:00 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, so will the contacts that are on the phone not sync without having them on Gmail first? I thought that it was a two way sync and any contacts on the phone would be sent to Gmail

Posted via CB10
    Any new contacts created on the device will be synced to Gmail. Unfortunately, it will not send the existing local contacts though.
    10-02-13 03:51 PM