So story goes as follows: I was teasing mercilessly my iPhone toting fried as he wasn't able or didn't know how to forward meeting from his iPhone.
    Day after we had meeting with person from other department we newer seen before and when he downloaded his contact from the Exchange server, the information was there (as with BlackBerry) with the person photo (not working on BlackBerry). It works with Linked-in and Facebook, though on BlackBerry.
    So I learned my lesson ;-)
    But there is a question, is there workaround to get photos out of Exchange server to enrich your contact data? Company doesn't use BES, I am directly connected to Exchange.
    The contact list with photos is nicer IMO.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 04:24 AM
    What OS are you on? My phone picks up contact photos set in my Exchange account just fine.

Although, to be honest, it's worked since forever. Even back when I started on OS 10.1. The photos always work.

The thing is, I only have photos for, maybe, 10 of my over 250 contacts in my Outlook Exchange. I wish there was an option to turn off the screen-hogging blank contact silhouette that now stays put, covering half my Z10 screen, while the info scrolls under it in what's left of the bottom half. Or, at least go back to the pre-10.3 way of having the whole thing scroll up and out of the way. Personally, I really don't care to see the contact picture.
    04-11-15 10:43 AM
    I am on 10.3.1. Are you sure that photo appears in contacts you searched remotely on server? I have some one I save contact locally and link them with Linked-in, but I am specifically asking for the exchange ones.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:13 PM
    I don't use LinkedIn or Facebook on my phone at all (in fact, I deleted the apps completely) .

I do have a work exchange account synced to my phone via Exchange ActiveSync (we don't use BES either), and I get emails, calendar and work contacts all directly on my phone. There's nothing to search for. My contacts are on both my phone and my work PC. Images saved to the contact on my work PC show up just fine on my phone.

If you're talking about searching another contact list that's not locally yours, then I don't know. I can only access my own work contact list and the internal office email exchange list - which can't save photos to it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:53 PM
    Hi, thanks for valuable advice.
    Indeed I was talking about searching for a contact not on my local list, but on company server and then saving it to phone including picture.
    I actually now know how to try workaround - if I search for a contact in PC and save it in Outlook, it should include picture and it should be then transferred to phone. Will try Monday and report back.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 03:01 PM