This is so bizarre! I did the download on my MAC and the folder was clear as day. BUT, I couldn't get sachesi to see my Z10 via USB. So what I'm trying now is that I transferred the files to my Google Drive and I will try to install on my PC.

Wish me luck!!
    It's installing! Looks like it's taking a while (I have a slow computer), so I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.
    10-26-13 09:53 PM
    Update: Installation completed. The phone is rebooting now.
    10-26-13 09:56 PM
    Do you think maybe its the carrier version I'm downloading?
    An OS is an OS no matter what country or carrier you have-with the exception of the carrier related bloatware. So if you find a release that matched your phone you are good to go. Remember you are loading an operating system not a carrier. The only important part is it is the correct version for your particular phone. Like a Z10-103 or 100 even. In other words you can't load a build for moe modle on another and expect it to work unless it's a leak that states all models-like you see on the Q10 downloads.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:57 PM
    For those having problems 'finding' the folder after the files are downloaded, make sure you have 'extracted' the Sachesi, and you're not just executing the file via your extractor program. This way, you can control where the .EXE is extracted to, and that will be the same location where the downloaded .424 folder goes, as well.

For me, I extracted the .EXE to the desktop, and ran from there. The 424 folder was added as soon as I started downloading the OS files, and then I just navigated to that folder on my desktop via 'Install: Folder'

HTH
    an9ie, Zotman and schiri like this.
    10-26-13 10:13 PM
    For those having problems 'finding' the folder after the files are downloaded, make sure you have 'extracted' the Sachesi, and you're not just executing the file via your extractor program. This way, you can control where the .EXE is extracted to, and that will be the same location where the downloaded .424 folder goes, as well.

For me, I extracted the .EXE to the desktop, and ran from there. The 424 folder was added as soon as I started downloading the OS files, and then I just navigated to that folder on my desktop via 'Install: Folder'

HTH

That worked. ;-) Thanks!
    10-26-13 10:19 PM
    Update: Installation completed. The phone is rebooting now.
    It took a while to reboot... haven't really tested anything out. It's late, and I'm tired.

One thing I did notice:

Software Release is 10.1.0.2019

OS Version is 10.2.0.1791

Is that the "right" software release??

BlackBerry Hub (did take a long time to prepare) is showing me a "Welcome to BlackBerry Hub message" (though I did get a notification that "Some Accounts Failed to Respond" (perhaps that will just take a little time for things to settle in)

I did get an email from BlackBerry "Introducing the BlackBerry Priority Hub". YAY!

And some account Info Needed notification... perhaps that's related to the "Some Accounts Failed to Respond". I might just have to reenter the passwords.

EDIT: Yes, it appears that I just needed to re-enter my password for each email account.

More to follow tomorrow. I'm pooped.
    Last edited by lcgoldman; 10-26-13 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added EDIT for email password.
    10-26-13 10:19 PM
    It took a while to reboot... haven't really tested anything out. It's late, and I'm tired.

One thing I did notice:

BlackBerry Hub (did take a long time to prepare) is showing me a "Welcome to BlackBerry Hub message" (though I did get a notification that "Some Accounts Failed to Respond" (perhaps that will just take a little time for things to settle in)

I did get an email from BlackBerry "Introducing the BlackBerry Priority Hub". YAY!

And some account Info Needed notification... perhaps that's related to the "Some Accounts Failed to Respond". I might just have to reenter the passwords.

EDIT: Yes, it appears that I just needed to re-enter my password for each email account.

Congrats Lonnie!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:30 PM
    Look for a folder called 10.2.0.424 in the same folder that you downloaded Sanchesi
    I had a very hard time finding the files, they ended up buried deep in a temp folder.

If you give up on finding the file, try restarting your computer, extract the sachesi.exe file, place it directly on your destop (not zipped) before opening it. Then open sachesi, download the OS again, the 10.2.0.424 folder should download on your desktop.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:52 PM
    I have read all 13 pages of this thread and still struggling a bit. I also have the US Verizon STL100-4 phone variant and no matter what country and carrier I plug in, I only get 10.1.0.4181 as the available update. If I change my phone to STL100-3 then I can find the 10.2.0.424 update. I see where others are having success in downloading the STL100-3 variant version to their STL100-4 variant phones but I guess I don't understand enough about what's different about these phone variations so it just doesn't seem right to download a STL100-3 software variant to a Verizon phone which previously had the STL100-4 variant.

Should I be concerned?

Regards, SLYDoggie
    Verizon Z10, Nashville, TN
    10-27-13 01:25 AM
    Hope some one can help me. I have done the update, but my phone now does not detect my sim card and keeps failing to connect to my wifi also.
    I have done a factory reset and still the same thing. at this moment the phone is pretty useless

some one please help

Device : Z10 STL100-1
    Network : Cell C South Africa
    10-27-13 04:59 AM
    I have read all 13 pages of this thread and still struggling a bit. I also have the US Verizon STL100-4 phone variant and no matter what country and carrier I plug in, I only get 10.1.0.4181 as the available update. If I change my phone to STL100-3 then I can find the 10.2.0.424 update. I see where others are having success in downloading the STL100-3 variant version to their STL100-4 variant phones but I guess I don't understand enough about what's different about these phone variations so it just doesn't seem right to download a STL100-3 software variant to a Verizon phone which previously had the STL100-4 variant.

Should I be concerned?

Regards, SLYDoggie
    Verizon Z10, Nashville, TN
    Decided not to wait on a reply to my previous post and took the plunge. I thought I would share my experience so other US Verizon Z10 users could benefit. Following is a recap of my experience so far:

Phone Information: US Verizon Z10, STL100-4

Previous Version:
    10.2.0.1047 Leak (I had good success with this version)

Version Loaded:
    10.2.0.1791 from Country 302 (Canada), Carrier 720 (Rogers), STL100-3 (Even though I have a STL100-4 phone)

Download Preparation:
    I backed up the phone but didn't do a security wipe and decided to load the new version on top of my current version as I would in a "real" Verizon update.

Process Used:
    The process as described in this post... I couldn't get to 10.2 using the STL100-4 Variant so, like others have reported, I downloaded the STL100-3 Variant

Download Experience:
    The download and update process using Sachesi worked flawlessly. I started it at 2:00 am and took about an hour to download and get to a point where my phone was back up.

Phone Settle-In:
    By 7:00 AM the following morning (4 hours later) BlackBerry Hub appears to be fully populated and the phone seems to have "setteled in" and isn't having any extreme battery burn. It is burning a little more than usual (about 1W according to Battery Guru vs: a normal idle state of .2W) but this is to be expected. I have seen periods with previous updates where it was burning between 2W and 3W for several days and the battery would literally drain in less than 6 hours.

Apps Checked Out and Appear Working:

DropBox
    Evernote (full version... Not one integrated with Remember app)
    BlackBerry Hub
    Email... Both ActiveSync (work) and IMAP (personal)
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Text Message
    Browser
    Facebook
    BeWeather Pro
    Password Keeper
    BlackBerry World
    Battery Guru
    Gadget Box
    Speed Dial App
    Camera
    BlackBerry Link Backup Process (after the update)
    CB10

Issues Encountered:
    1) There were a set of about 4 or 5 new "Rogers" apps which appeared on my phone. I deleted them but upon a "hard" reboot of the device they showed back up (it doesn't seem to happen with a "soft" reboot). I went into BlackBerry World to see if they showed up in the "Available" category after deleting them and they didn't. I will so some additional testing on this but it appears that this may just be one of the "downsides" of downloading another carriers official version. After deleting them a second time, they seem to have finally gone away but time will tell on this one.
    2) Visual Voicemail wouldn't play previous messages... I had to deactivate it and reactivate it and then it worked fine
    3) Pictures App... Initially it didn't see all my folders but they eventually showed up
    4) Not sure if this is an issue with the new version or my old "leak" version but when I connect my BlackBerry to my Laptop via USB the previous version would create 2 "drives"... "Y" and "Z". The new version only creates a "Z" Drive. I never really understood why it would create two drives on the old version so maybe that is the one with the error and not the new version.
    5) Not exactly an issue but the interesting part of updating my STL100-4 phone using a STL100-3 variant is that when I display the version in my settings, it shows that I am still a STL100-4 variant... Even though I downloaded STL100-3. I still don't understand everything that I should about these "variants".

Overall Assessment: Overall I have to say that this is one of the best update experiences I have had... Both "official" carrier updates as well as "leak" updates. I did do a backup but installed the new version on top of my current version. All of my system settings and application settings appear to have been maintained through the update process. Again, time will tell the story on this one as I more heavily use this.

I will provide an update to this post as I encounter new things.

Regards, SLYDoggie
    US Verizon Z10
    kennyg17 and flyingsolid like this.
    10-27-13 09:09 AM
    Congrats Lonnie!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Jack!

I don't understand though how to control the pop up notifications... I don't seem to be getting any from BBM. And I don't see/can't figure out how to reply directly to a pop-up without having to open the application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    10-27-13 11:32 AM
    Thanks Jack!

I don't understand though how to control the pop up notifications... I don't seem to be getting any from BBM. And I don't see/can't figure out how to reply directly to a pop-up without having to open the application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    To control the pop up notifications, go to settings/notifications and then each application has an "instant preview" tab. Email can be on, off, or priority only.

You can respond directly from the notification with BBM and text, but not email or whatsapp.
    lcgoldman likes this.
    10-27-13 01:10 PM
    Decided not to wait on a reply to my previous post and took the plunge. I thought I would share my experience so other US Verizon Z10 users could benefit. Following is a recap of my experience so far:

Previous Version:

Version Loaded:
    10.2.0.1791 from Country 302 (Canada), Carrier 720 (Rogers), STL100-3 (Even though I have a STL100-4 phone)

Download Preparation:
    I backed up the phone but didn't do a security wipe and decided to load the new version on top of my current version as I would in a "real" Verizon update.

Process Used:
    The process as described in this post... I couldn't get to 10.2 using the STL100-4 Variant so, like others have reported, I downloaded the STL100-3 Variant

Download Experience:
    The download and update process using Sachesi worked flawlessly. I started it at 2:00 am and took about an hour to download and get to a point where my phone was back up.

Phone Settle-In:
    By 7:00 AM the following morning (4 hours later) BlackBerry Hub appears to be fully populated and the phone seems to have "setteled in" and isn't having any extreme battery burn. It is burning a little more than usual (about 1W according to Battery Guru vs: a normal idle state of .2W) but this is to be expected. I have seen periods with previous updates where it was burning between 2W and 3W for several days and the battery would literally drain in less than 6 hours.

DropBox
    BlackBerry Hub
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Text Message
    Browser
    Facebook
    BeWeather Pro
    Password Keeper
    BlackBerry World
    Battery Guru
    Gadget Box
    Speed Dial App
    Camera
    CB10

Issues Encountered:
    1) There were a set of about 4 or 5 new "Rogers" apps which appeared on my phone. I deleted them but upon a "hard" reboot of the device they showed back up (it doesn't seem to happen with a "soft" reboot). I went into BlackBerry World to see if they showed up in the "Available" category after deleting them and they didn't. I will so some additional testing on this but it appears that this may just be one of the "downsides" of downloading another carriers official version. After deleting them a second time, they seem to have finally gone away but time will tell on this one.
    2) Visual Voicemail wouldn't play previous messages... I had to deactivate it and reactivate it and then it worked fine
    3) Pictures App... Initially it didn't see all my folders but they eventually showed up
    4) Not sure if this is an issue with the new version or my old "leak" version but when I connect my BlackBerry to my Laptop via USB the previous version would create 2 "drives"... "Y" and "Z". The new version only creates a "Z" Drive. I never really understood why it would create two drives on the old version so maybe that is the one with the error and not the new version.
    5) Not exactly an issue but the interesting part of updating my STL100-4 phone using a STL100-3 variant is that when I display the version in my settings, it shows that I am still a STL100-4 variant... Even though I downloaded STL100-3. I still don't understand everything that I should about these "variants".

Overall Assessment: Overall I have to say that this is one of the best update experiences I have had... Both "official" carrier updates as well as "leak" updates. I did do a backup but installed the new version on top of my current version. All of my system settings and application settings appear to have been maintained through the update process. Again, time will tell the story on this one as I more heavily use this.

Regards, SLYDoggie
    US Verizon Z10
    I have to agree with all above. I did the same thing as above. Worked like a champ. All my side loads work.and all texts work
    The only pain was finding the download file
    Let some one said it was bury in some temp
    File. If you are still on the fence I say go for it.
    I am vzw also. Coming from a leak 1047. With some side load apps

I choosed blackberry 10. Cause its that Damn good.
    kennyg17 likes this.
    10-27-13 01:12 PM

Previous Version:

Version Loaded:

Download Preparation:

Process Used:

Download Experience:

Phone Settle-In:

DropBox
    BlackBerry Hub
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Text Message
    Browser
    Facebook
    BeWeather Pro
    Password Keeper
    BlackBerry World
    Battery Guru
    Gadget Box
    Speed Dial App
    Camera
    CB10

Issues Encountered:

Regards, SLYDoggie
    US Verizon Z10
    My experience was very similar to this and I definitely agree with your overall assessment.

One note, though: I still have the 2 drives when I connect via USB ("Y" and "Z"). One is for the device and one is for the SD card in the device (same as it was prior to the update).
    10-27-13 01:23 PM
    Hope some one can help me. I have done the update, but my phone now does not detect my sim card and keeps failing to connect to my wifi also.
    I have done a factory reset and still the same thing. at this moment the phone is pretty useless

some one please help

Device : Z10 STL100-1
    Network : Cell C South Africa
    The problem is that you updated with a different model you have 100-1 probably you put rogers and the radio is not compatible

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:06 PM
    only issue im having is that my phone is running very very slow and the system and hub is eating the cpu up but time. could it be that i just need to let it sit there and crunch cause i do have alot of email and txt in there.
    10-27-13 05:18 PM
    Do i have to use the network in my country as that still only has the old software. Can i use vodafone from UK? i am on Vodacom SA
    10-27-13 05:38 PM

Everything seems to be working fine... but why does my Software release say 10.1.0.2019?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    10-27-13 09:10 PM
    Mine doesn't say anything at all-just no information available.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:40 PM
    What about in asia region, like indonesia could we just upgrade it or should wait the official announcement.
    My concern is if I decide to install, my device become error

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:57 AM

One thing I did notice:

My software release is10.2.0.424
    And the OS version is 10.2.0.1791

I wonder why it's different. Did they update something?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:50 AM
    Been stuck here for the last 20 minutes

How to Get 10.2 update-stuck.jpg
    10-28-13 09:33 AM
    Been stuck here for the last 20 minutes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuck.jpg 
Views:	1155 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	215046
    That looks like it lost connection to the phone and then reconnected because it says connected to: your phone after it says installing which should not be there.

Posted via CB10
    Barefoot_Kevin likes this.
    10-28-13 10:09 AM
    That looks like it lost connection to the phone and then reconnected because it says connected to: your phone after it says installing which should not be there.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I took a chance, unplugged it, plugged it back in and restarted Sachesi. The update just finished. Now it is stuck on the "BlackBerry" screen.
    10-28-13 10:28 AM
441 ... 1112131415 ...