I posted about this a few weeks ago. Blackberry Link and Drivers did not properly install on my computer after a reformat, and Link wont recognize anything. I want to FULLY and completely remove the program, from registry from everywhere, to install it again.

Someone gave me some instructions that were lacking and didnt work.

Can someone give me the ***** way step by step to fully remove it.

thanks
    04-23-18 02:00 PM
    I posted about this a few weeks ago. Blackberry Link and Drivers did not properly install on my computer after a reformat, and Link wont recognize anything. I want to FULLY and completely remove the program, from registry from everywhere, to install it again.

Someone gave me some instructions that were lacking and didnt work.

Can someone give me the ***** way step by step to fully remove it.

thanks
    Download and install Revo Uninstaller on your PC. It makes the job much easier, especially in removing registry entries.
    04-23-18 02:10 PM
    After uninstall...

Use "regedit" from the run command.
    Go to Edit > Find and type Blackberry.... keep searching and deleting any entries you find.

I 2nd using Revo to do deep uninstalls, as messing with the registry can cause issues if you delete the wrong things.

But.. LINK just may not work, no matter what you do.
    04-23-18 02:17 PM
    Go to Edit > Find and type Blackberry.... keep searching and deleting any entries you find.
    Also search for "Rim" and there may be others which is why I like to use Revo.
    04-23-18 02:19 PM
    it worked perfectly well before i reformatted my computer. I just cant understand why it woudl decide not to work after.... its illogical...
    04-23-18 02:27 PM
    I tried the Revo Unintaller. I cleared out link/blend/drivers. Re-installed. Blend works perfect.... no way to get Link to connect... none....

Any other ideas?
    04-23-18 04:45 PM
    When you connected with blackberry phone, could you see the the SD and internal memory of phone via explorer?
    04-23-18 05:24 PM
    I can see only the SD card, not the phone memory. And a weird thing is that im never prompted for my password, usually Link would prompt me for my password and then i can see everything via explorer as well. But now Link opens up, shows an error, no password promots, nothing through file explorer.

I really need to back up my phone and have access to it from my computer, even if not through Link directly... but link seems to be the obstacle in general.

any help, please
    04-23-18 05:33 PM
    Settings, storage and access, access using USB. Make sure it's set to off. That was my issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-18 07:12 PM
    I can see only the SD card, not the phone memory. And a weird thing is that im never prompted for my password, usually Link would prompt me for my password and then i can see everything via explorer as well. But now Link opens up, shows an error, no password promots, nothing through file explorer.

I really need to back up my phone and have access to it from my computer, even if not through Link directly... but link seems to be the obstacle in general.

any help, please
    Remove everything again using Revo Uninstaller, reboot your PC with your phone plugged into your PC (use a BB usb cable). Try to install Blend/Link through your BB10 device when you see the window pop up on your BB10 device. Follow the instructions on your phone to install drivers etc on your PC. If that doesn't work then sorry, I have no other advice. As Dunt said, sometimes you just cannot get Link to work and it really is a mystery. Personally, I have never had a problem with it on my Win 10 laptop and my spare Z10, Passport and even my old PlayBook all work fine with it........go figure!
    04-23-18 09:43 PM
    I did all that and nothing.

How do I back up my phone if I cant use link?
    04-23-18 10:26 PM
    I did all that and nothing.

How do I back up my phone if I cant use link?
    Well since BBW has dropped support for good paid apps, I cannot recommend Ultimate Backup anymore so I guess you will have to try a free app--maybe one called Free Device Backup? You will not be able to backup everything but you could check it out and maybe other free apps on BBW.
    04-23-18 10:41 PM
    I didnt realize they had stopped support already.

Whats a good way to backup texts?
    04-23-18 10:49 PM
    I didnt realize they had stopped support already.

Whats a good way to backup texts?
    Well the app I suggested above claims it will backup and restore texts. Did you check it out?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-18 08:36 AM
    I will check it out shortly.

I meant an app specifically for just texts, something that will let me open a text file on a computer maybe?
    04-24-18 11:56 AM
    I meant an app specifically for just texts
    There are a few free apps specifically for texts also--just search in BBW.
    04-24-18 12:03 PM