I always do the following steps:

1. SIC MultiWipe
    2. Autoloader
    3. Security Wipe

I never restore from Link.
    I use Contact X for restoring contacts.

I always have a happy device
    No need to do a security wipe if you use SIC multiwipe. We replace the security wipe with a script command in SIC multiwipe. It's better to perform a security wipe before loading the OS (if you don't use SIC multiwipe)

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-26-14 02:51 AM
    I do agree... in my experience running Autoloader wipe my Z10 clean. However I never restore instead just sign in and setup everything again manually.

Guys, this is wrong. The Autoloader wipes your device. Fact.

If it makes you feel better, by all means continue with an additional wipe, but the only thing it will do is wipe your security settings. It will make no other differences except for the placebo effect.

Now, restoring from backup will definitely cause you issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 05:39 AM
    08-26-14 06:23 AM
    I used to wipe after install. However when I did that, I lost mms ability and remote file access. I had to reinstall the OS and not wipe to get them back.

So no, since the autoloader already does it, I won't waste my time doing it again.
    08-26-14 07:17 AM
    Only issue I am having so far on my Z10 STL3 is that all my emails are stilled zoomed in when i open this. Any solution to this yet?
    08-26-14 07:49 AM
    Only issue I am having so far on my Z10 STL3 is that all my emails are stilled zoomed in when i open this. Any solution to this yet?
    Yes. In mail settings there is an option to adjust mails to screen size.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:00 AM
    Thanks for the help. Can finally view all my emails with one hand.
    08-26-14 08:03 AM
    Have done just about every leak since the Z10 came out and when the Z30 came out. I always do a Full back-up on the LATEST BB Link. I always use Auto loader. I NEVER do a Wipe. I ALWAYS do a Full restore. I have never had any problems, other then the REAL bugs in the OS.
    I do several hard restarts several times during the next day or two.

I think the biggest contribution to problems are where errors creep in during down loading, unzipping and installing on the phone. I know there is error checking on these processes but nothing is 100% guaranteed.

I am amazed how many people are convinced of their own methods of installing leaks yet contradict one another....lol
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    08-26-14 08:09 AM
    Have done just about every leak since the Z10 came out and when the Z30 came out. I always do a Full back-up on the LATEST BB Link. I always use Auto loader. I NEVER do a Wipe. I ALWAYS do a Full restore. I have never had any problems, other then the REAL bugs in the OS.
    I do several hard restarts several times during the next day or two.

I think the biggest contribution to problems are where errors creep in during down loading, unzipping and installing on the phone. I know there is error checking on these processes but nothing is 100% guaranteed.

I am amazed how many people are convinced of their own methods of installing leaks yet contradict one another....lol
    You will have either minimal or no problem with full restore if you have a clean backup. This will be hard sometimes because some users like to try new apps, uninstalling it later and so on, so when you do backup the remnant of those data included in the backup.

For me since I always and only use SIC Wipe n Load, my procedure is like this:

1. Clean laptop with CCleaner
    2. Newest BBLink
    3. Good cable data
    4. Extract OS and Radio bars to signed files and renamed them to os.signed and radio.signed using 7zip or Darcy.
    5. Put them all in 1 folder with SIC Wipe n Load.
    6. Run SIC Wipe n Load
    7. Restore phone contacts with either email or fire chest
    08-26-14 08:23 AM
    Guys, this is wrong. The Autoloader wipes your device. Fact.

If it makes you feel better, by all means continue with an additional wipe, but the only thing it will do is wipe your security settings. It will make no other differences except for the placebo effect.

Now, restoring from backup will definitely cause you issues.

Posted via CB10
    I can launch an autoloader and my BB is updated in 5 minutes (includes OS load and wipe as suggested above) . I bypass initial set up and immediately wipe my device. This process takes 15-20 minutes. I then set up my BlackBerry and add accounts etc. I back up but never restore.

I'm curious, if they are the same event why is one a few minutes and the other 15-20 minutes? (and in some cases much longer)

I read about all these issues in the forums (of which I rarely or never have) and just conclude it's user error.

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    08-26-14 08:28 AM
    Quick question...

When I use auto loaders I have to reactivate my account by asking Admin to send me new activation code, this I understand as it wipes the phone.

I broke down and loaded 10.3 on the weekend and had to wait until today to get the reactivation done. I love it and all is working perfectly except Dropbox has a weird sync issue which I have yet to see before.

I assume if I do a security wipe I will loose my activation? I hate to ask again, they may wonder why I am having these issues and I don't want to tell them I am loading leaked OS's on a work phone.
    I had the same issue about constantly asking for activation codes after installing any OS (other than OTA from my carrier)

Completely by accident I discovered the following. Phone was hooked up to my company issue laptop and computer was connected to my company network (VPN). After I launched an autoloader and began the set up process, BES activated automatically on my device. No activation code required. The key was to use my company laptop and connected to the company network. This has worked every time for me.

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.0.xxxx
    stealthbob likes this.
    08-26-14 08:40 AM
    Question about NOT restore, and custom dictionary:
    Reading this thread, I conclude a "safer" approach to loading a new OS is to NOT restore from BB Link. While there are third party apps for saving some important stuff, what about your custom dictionary? How do you folks who do not restore get back your custom dictionary?
    08-26-14 09:17 AM
    Thanks for your input OP but, if you just take the time to read the "How To's" you'll see that you're mostly incorrect.

The ONLY time you need to do a security wipe is if you have constant problems with your device, other wise when you do an update, everything is wiped in the process.
    Where you get into trouble is restoring "Setting" because you're restoring older system files to a newer OS.

I've been here helping countless peoples with their devices for countless years with an excellent success rate.
    I personally use to be an administrator on BB Tweaks. We build Hybrids going back 8+ years.

In all those years, with all the BlackBerry devices I've worked with.. I HAVE NEVER had so much as one issue with upgrading my devices.

I alway use an auto loader and i always use BB Link. I use Sachesi on occasion when sideloading a bar file here and there is necessary.

But, everyone has their way of doing thing.
    All I'm saying is Follow those that DO NOT HAVE problems (in the first place) rather than trying to get advice from those that have a fix for problems that they shouldn't have had in the first place.
    bluegreen1965 and homer1475 like this.
    08-26-14 09:57 AM
    thats nice lots of games from android now running fast
    08-26-14 10:02 AM
    Instead of adding my 2 cents to everyone's "my device doesn't work after 10.3.0.1052" thread I figure I would create a new thread in hopes that people will read it. lol

I am surprised that the people who release these autoloaders don't say this, what I am about to tell you. This could do a long way...hint Blaze and others..

Anytime you go do a major update on your device it's recommend you do a a secure wipe after you have installed the update. Why? Well autoloaders do not wipe out whats on your device they simply replace and or copy new files to your device leaving the old OS files in place which causes a lot of the problem you see in the forums. So you MUST do a secure wipe after the update has been installed and I would recommend you plug your phone into the wall as a secure wipe can take a while. Once you have done that you should be good to go!

I don't have any problem with Z10 which I updates from 10.2.1.xxxx (whatever the latest from Bell Canada was), I even did a secure wipe after updating my device. Yes everything way laggy the first time I have admit but after the secure wipe things fixed themselves. I don't have any issues with signal or keyboard lag or lag really in the device with running Android or Native apps.

I am a Smooth Running
    I dunno. I have installed all BB10 leaks sans 1. I have never done a security swipe before, during, or after an update (leak) and I have never had any of the problems reported by many in these forums.

Here is what I do:

1. Back up via BlackBerry Link (Mac).
    2. Run autoloader from a a PC.
    3. Restore phone via BlackBerry Link (Mac).

Either I have been consistently lucky so far or the issues users are facing are not the result of autoloaders.
    08-26-14 10:48 AM
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052 from 10.3.0.700 with no security wipe. Everything works perfectly, I haven't experienced any of the issues mentioned in the forums. Wiping is time consuming so I only do it when the new OS has problems and only after confirming that it's not a Known bug in the OS!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:06 AM
    I actually forgot to do the security wipe after this update but nothings broke so I'm not gonna bother with it - only because I don't want to reload everything again lol. I don't do restores.
    08-26-14 11:24 AM
    I'll go ahead and toss my experience in on this one. I'm not considering it advice, so do with it what you may.

The very first thing I do is to remove my SIM and SD cards. Rationale behind removing the SIM is that I don't want anything incoming during my backup or restore because they will be overwritten by the restore. Rationale for removing the SD card is pure paranoia of something going wrong and blanking my card. I've never had it happen to my BB, but one time I did a Microsoft Windows Media Player update that destroyed 22,000 MP3's that I had spent enough hours ripping that I wanted to cry after they were gone. Now I take no chances.

Next, I back up with link doing a partial backup of app data, settings, and contacts (2 of the 3 check boxes available). I only select data for apps that are not restored from the cloud by signing in (so stuff like Facebook, Twitter, Endomondo, etc... are not backed up). I do NOT back up the app binaries or the app data called "BlackBerry Runtime" (which is huge and problematic when restoring).

I run the autoloader, let the device reboot, run the guided setup over WiFi, and sign in to my BBID. I then reinsert the SD card only.

Next, I manually reinstall all of my apps from BB World, Amazon App Store, and finally my cache directory from Snap (which I moved to the SD card so the APKs don't get wiped by the autoloader) for whatever isn't available from the first two.

Now that the apps are installed, I can restore my partial backup that includes app data.

After the reset, I'll put my SIM card back in. As a last step, I'll do a hard restart with the long button press until the led goes blinky red or blinky amber (depends on the software version). Note, you won't get a blinky red or amber light if you have already unplugged the USB cable because it seems to be a charging indication. To stop the blinky light, simply tap the standby button and the device will boot again.

This process gives me the most success, but as with anything, your mileage may vary.

Issues I encountered this time were:

Not receiving SMS/MMS after restore. Before the hub finished loading, I received 2 text messages. Once my previous texts were loaded, I stopped receiving additional incoming SMS/MMS. This was solved by another hard restart. (note that I could still send SMS/MMS, just not receive)
    Not receiving FB notifications. Solved by deleting FB account from Accounts screen and removing FB app, hard restart, re-add account and reinstall app.
    Mail account making notification noise, but account not listed in notifications screen. Solved by removing account from Accounts screen, hard restart, re-add account. Account now shows up in Notifications screen

Hope somebody finds this interesting or useful
    08-26-14 11:57 AM
    I'm probably going to 10.3 once a stable Z10 release is out there. I'm happy with 10.2.1 so I have no reason to change really. It's not like the 10.0 days when I was badly itching for an update.
    08-26-14 12:51 PM
    I'll go ahead and toss my experience in on this one. I'm not considering it advice, so do with it what you may.

The very first thing I do is to remove my SIM and SD cards. Rationale behind removing the SIM is that I don't want anything incoming during my backup or restore because they will be overwritten by the restore. Rationale for removing the SD card is pure paranoia of something going wrong and blanking my card. I've never had it happen to my BB, but one time I did a Microsoft Windows Media Player update that destroyed 22,000 MP3's that I had spent enough hours ripping that I wanted to cry after they were gone. Now I take no chances.

Next, I back up with link doing a partial backup of app data, settings, and contacts (2 of the 3 check boxes available). I only select data for apps that are not restored from the cloud by signing in (so stuff like Facebook, Twitter, Endomondo, etc... are not backed up). I do NOT back up the app binaries or the app data called "BlackBerry Runtime" (which is huge and problematic when restoring).

I run the autoloader, let the device reboot, run the guided setup over WiFi, and sign in to my BBID. I then reinsert the SD card only.

Next, I manually reinstall all of my apps from BB World, Amazon App Store, and finally my cache directory from Snap (which I moved to the SD card so the APKs don't get wiped by the autoloader) for whatever isn't available from the first two.

Now that the apps are installed, I can restore my partial backup that includes app data.

After the reset, I'll put my SIM card back in. As a last step, I'll do a hard restart with the long button press until the led goes blinky red or blinky amber (depends on the software version). Note, you won't get a blinky red or amber light if you have already unplugged the USB cable because it seems to be a charging indication. To stop the blinky light, simply tap the standby button and the device will boot again.

This process gives me the most success, but as with anything, your mileage may vary.

Issues I encountered this time were:

Not receiving SMS/MMS after restore. Before the hub finished loading, I received 2 text messages. Once my previous texts were loaded, I stopped receiving additional incoming SMS/MMS. This was solved by another hard restart. (note that I could still send SMS/MMS, just not receive)
    Not receiving FB notifications. Solved by deleting FB account from Accounts screen and removing FB app, hard restart, re-add account and reinstall app.
    Mail account making notification noise, but account not listed in notifications screen. Solved by removing account from Accounts screen, hard restart, re-add account. Account now shows up in Notifications screen

Hope somebody finds this interesting or useful

There is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to remove your sim or sd card!
    "Issues I encountered" says, you did something wrong.

As I stated several post up, I've NEVER had any issues with any BlackBerry device going back to my first Pearl up to my present z10.

If you set up BBlink correctly, and have downloaded the right autoloader for your device... depending on your broadband speed and your computers CPU speed, you should be able to do everything from downloading the Autoloader to custom restore in about an hour... WITH NO ISSUES!

Keep in mind, if you do have issues... Thousands of people have used the exact same autoloaders, etc with no issues.
    So, don't blame problems you're having on anything or anyone but yourself!
    08-26-14 12:53 PM
    There is ABSOLUTELY NO reason to remove your sim or sd card!
    "Issues I encountered" says, you did something wrong.

As I stated several post up, I've NEVER had any issues with any BlackBerry device going back to my first Pearl up to my present z10.

If you set up BBlink correctly, and have downloaded the right autoloader for your device... depending on your broadband speed and your computers CPU speed, you should be able to do everything from downloading the Autoloader to custom restore in about an hour... WITH NO ISSUES!

Keep in mind, if you do have issues... Thousands of people have used the exact same autoloaders, etc with no issues.
    So, don't blame problems you're having on anything or anyone but yourself!
    I myself also never took out my memory and sim card, but as mentioned several times it goes back to user preferences, if they thought better safe than sorry I think it won't hurt to do it.
    08-26-14 12:58 PM
    Has any of you experienced random reboot, data and application wipes???

I had to jump back to the last official update

Z10 all they way!
    08-26-14 01:30 PM
    Twitter app not working

Posted via CB10
    My Twitter app works fine...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 01:31 PM
    Thanks for your input OP but, if you just take the time to read the "How To's" you'll see that you're mostly incorrect.

The ONLY time you need to do a security wipe is if you have constant problems with your device, other wise when you do an update, everything is wiped in the process.
    Where you get into trouble is restoring "Setting" because you're restoring older system files to a newer OS.

I've been here helping countless peoples with their devices for countless years with an excellent success rate.
    I personally use to be an administrator on BB Tweaks. We build Hybrids going back 8+ years.

In all those years, with all the BlackBerry devices I've worked with.. I HAVE NEVER had so much as one issue with upgrading my devices.

I alway use an auto loader and i always use BB Link. I use Sachesi on occasion when sideloading a bar file here and there is necessary.

But, everyone has their way of doing thing.
    All I'm saying is Follow those that DO NOT HAVE problems (in the first place) rather than trying to get advice from those that have a fix for problems that they shouldn't have had in the first place.
    Excellent post...I followed the same steps very successfully on the previous 11 leaks. This time I did restore (oops soory now that I did) from 10.3.0.296/442... Have one or two issues...will probably wipe later this evening when I get home...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 01:35 PM
    Done a security wipe and still got tje search app issue and the sd card issue :/

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-26-14 01:43 PM
110 12345