If you don't wipe before you're just asking for trouble. There's a reason it takes so god Damn long for the security wipe.

Wiping after is also good I have to assume but I usually don't have a problem when I wipe pre-install

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:51 AM
    Guys, this is wrong. The Autoloader wipes your device. Fact.

If it makes you feel better, by all means continue with an additional wipe, but the only thing it will do is wipe your security settings. It will make no other differences except for the placebo effect.

Now, restoring from backup will definitely cause you issues.

Posted via CB10
    tdaye, SteelGreek, Q10Bold and 3 others like this.
    08-25-14 12:14 PM
    the autoloader wipes your device.

On my work Z10 10.3 is flawless.
    On my personal z10 I still can't get it to work, how much sic or security wipes I do...the system % is making the battery degrade faster than it can load.

So. For my work Z, good to be on 10.3
    For my personal phone, see you on the other side, for now back to 10.2.2

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:34 PM
    Twitter app not working

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:41 PM
    Is your work Z10 a different variant from your personal Z10 (STL -1 vs -4, for example)?

the autoloader wipes your device.

On my work Z10 10.3 is flawless.
    On my personal z10 I still can't get it to work, how much sic or security wipes I do...the system % is making the battery degrade faster than it can load.

So. For my work Z, good to be on 10.3
    For my personal phone, see you on the other side, for now back to 10.2.2

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:19 PM
    I don't do security wipes after the update, just because it take too long and i feel that it don't do nothing. My best suggestion is to not restore settings, and the reason is cause every system is different and loading the settings from and old OS over a new one will cause issues.
    08-25-14 01:31 PM
    Candy crush soda saga not working on10.3.0.1034 it crashes

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:39 PM
    Autoloaders do wipe. They only thing that remains is the security partition which includes your password. Everything else is wiped.

Posted via CB10
    Autoloaders definitely don't wipe everything. I was having a number of issues after using the autoloader for 1052 (and before restoring anything) which were cleared up by doing a security wipe.
    08-25-14 01:40 PM
    Is your work Z10 a different variant from your personal Z10 (STL -1 vs -4, for example)?
    Nope both are stl-2.
    So dunno what's happening with one phone. Works fine under 10.2.2 again. So waiting for a new leak

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:54 PM
    I remember the "guide" for installing leaks about a year ago.... it included

security wipe
    remove SD Card
    remove SIM Card
    Put in Airplane Mode
    run autoloader
    do two security wipes
    do NOT do a restore
    reinstall the cards

It only took half a day.....

If it works for you, do it.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-25-14 02:10 PM
    Autoloaders definitely don't wipe everything. I was having a number of issues after using the autoloader for 1052 (and before restoring anything) which were cleared up by doing a security wipe.
    Just because you feel that the wipe solved your problems does not change the fact that Autoloaders DO wipe everything, except for the security.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:10 PM
    I remember the "guide" for installing leaks about a year ago.... it included

It only took half a day.....

If it works for you, do it.
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:10 PM
    Instead of adding my 2 cents to everyone's "my device doesn't work after 10.3.0.1052" thread I figure I would create a new thread in hopes that people will read it. lol

I am surprised that the people who release these autoloaders don't say this, what I am about to tell you. This could do a long way...hint Blaze and others..

Anytime you go do a major update on your device it's recommend you do a a secure wipe after you have installed the update. Why? Well autoloaders do not wipe out whats on your device they simply replace and or copy new files to your device leaving the old OS files in place which causes a lot of the problem you see in the forums. So you MUST do a secure wipe after the update has been installed and I would recommend you plug your phone into the wall as a secure wipe can take a while. Once you have done that you should be good to go!

I don't have any problem with Z10 which I updates from 10.2.1.xxxx (whatever the latest from Bell Canada was), I even did a secure wipe after updating my device. Yes everything way laggy the first time I have admit but after the secure wipe things fixed themselves. I don't have any issues with signal or keyboard lag or lag really in the device with running Android or Native apps.

I am a Smooth Running
    Right I'm going to wipe my phone!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:14 PM
    Never have any major issues after using autoloader and restoring from backup with link and NO security wipe on my Q10 but i say do what works for you and if that doesn't work try something else
    08-25-14 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

Assuming I've already run the Autoloader on a device, I am curious to know if the outcome of a security wipe would be the same as running loader.exe with the /resettofactory switch?

Perhaps this way, I can avoid having to go through the initial setup after "Autoloading" just to get to the Security Wipe feature...?
    08-25-14 03:52 PM
    What is SIC Multiwipe?
    lol =)
    I have the same question!
    08-25-14 04:06 PM
    Instead of adding my 2 cents to everyone's "my device doesn't work after 10.3.0.1052" thread I figure I would create a new thread in hopes that people will read it. lol

I am surprised that the people who release these autoloaders don't say this, what I am about to tell you. This could do a long way...hint Blaze and others..

Anytime you go do a major update on your device it's recommend you do a a secure wipe after you have installed the update. Why? Well autoloaders do not wipe out whats on your device they simply replace and or copy new files to your device leaving the old OS files in place which causes a lot of the problem you see in the forums. So you MUST do a secure wipe after the update has been installed and I would recommend you plug your phone into the wall as a secure wipe can take a while. Once you have done that you should be good to go!

I don't have any problem with Z10 which I updates from 10.2.1.xxxx (whatever the latest from Bell Canada was), I even did a secure wipe after updating my device. Yes everything way laggy the first time I have admit but after the secure wipe things fixed themselves. I don't have any issues with signal or keyboard lag or lag really in the device with running Android or Native apps.

I am a Smooth Running
    I used sachesi to do non distructive update I came from 10.2.2.1531 and I have no problems also. in fact I read more problems from people that used autoloaders with sic wipe then the other way
    I do this since several leaks without problems.
    08-25-14 04:21 PM
    Quick question...

When I use auto loaders I have to reactivate my account by asking Admin to send me new activation code, this I understand as it wipes the phone.

I broke down and loaded 10.3 on the weekend and had to wait until today to get the reactivation done. I love it and all is working perfectly except Dropbox has a weird sync issue which I have yet to see before.

I assume if I do a security wipe I will loose my activation? I hate to ask again, they may wonder why I am having these issues and I don't want to tell them I am loading leaked OS's on a work phone.
    08-25-14 04:33 PM
    Ok so I've been installing BB10 leaks/OSes since I got my Verizon z10 and was going to be stuck on 10.0 for the longest time. I've installed nearly every leak that has been dropped here in the forums... so I've installed a few I've only ever had issues the one time I restored from backup. I've only done a security wipe twice and didn't see any type of difference. I run the autoloader, set everything back up from my cloud accounts, and let the OS settle over night to fully sync emails/contacts/etc. The only issues I ever have are the ones that get generally reported (ie 296 notification sounds, etc).

I personally don't see the need to wipe the device but some people here swear by it. I would rather fully re-load the OS then wait the 3ish hours for a wipe to complete.

Again, this is my personal experience. If you feel like doing 1 to 3 security wipes per leak makes your phone work better then please continue as you see fit. For me it has never made a difference nor improved anything beyond what the autoloader wiping did.
    homer1475 and frielfanatic like this.
    08-25-14 04:59 PM
    I use a STL-4 and never wipe when I use autoloaders...and I do full restores to boot. Only issue I have is I don't have panoramic camera option.

I can live with that if everything else works flawlessly the way it's supposed to work.

To each his own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:11 PM
    This is what I do, as I get the raw files from BB servers anyway

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...0-only-924580/

Extract the raw files using 7zip, put the .signed files in the same folder as the SIC software, run it, and that's it, set it up, no hassles. As I don't restore/ do I back up, all is sweet with me.
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-25-14 07:27 PM
    Attachment 293392

The Andriod runtime in this build is ok, my andriod apps and games are running OK, I still think they can improve it a lil more....

From simply playing songs to checking e-mails and browsing the web to playing some GPU heavy andriod games like Injustice&Need for speed most wanted.....this build aint bad, and judging from the amount of OS 10.3 we ve seen, lets hope to get atleast just 1 more b4 the passport and classic are out in stores.

Posted via CB10
    You can run dead Trigger 2? Nice

Z10 STL100-2 / running official 10.2.1.3247
    08-26-14 12:22 AM
    I did not believe this myself unless I did a security wipe myself. The last time I did a side os load it royally screwed up the way all my apps were working and even how the phone itself was functioning. I did a security wipe to refresh and it fixed everything entirely and so I count it as lesson learned and do a security wipe everytime and I NEVER re-install apps from bblink, another no no. As its so easy to corrupt the os with missing files or to duplicate them.
    08-26-14 12:36 AM
    Thanks for starting this. Great suggestions

Power by 10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 12:47 AM
    I do security wipe but I restored my device afterwards and I have leggy keyboard. Advance interactions doesn't work

Now I'm going to do it again without restoring and see the difference

My first BlackBerry Z10 (wall hugger) will soon be replaced by its successor Z20 but now it's hugging BB10.3.0.1052
    08-26-14 02:29 AM
110 1234 ...