I'm up and running now as well on the Z30.
    I first did an autoloader back to 10.3.1.1151 from 10.2.1.
    At the initial setup, skipped everything.
    Did the steps in the other post (uninstall link, reboot, install, reboot, etc).
    Then went through the setup on the Z30, but immediately went to airplane. However, this time, I saw in the Hub that Protect was successful which is new.
    Did a device swap, and voila!

I really think something changed on the serverside, as it connected this time. Also, I now see the device on the Protect website.

Thanks everyone!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 09:21 PM
    Awesome news atz!!!
    11-19-14 09:44 PM
    SOLVED !!

I unboxed my new Z30 and when I tried to restore from backup or do a device swap from my Z10 I hit a wall which sent me into quite an odyssey. I tried everything under the stars the night before last for 10 hours to no avail. I came back yesterday evening to read about a couple of new things that were posted during the day and I was up and running in 3 minutes! The problem has nothing to do with Link nor any Blend bundle or PC side. Luckily I have a lab full of PCs in which I could do clean installs. I also could not see the BlackBerry ID in Sachesi as that field was blank even though BBM and BBW were working normally. The problem lies server side on BlackBerry Protect. For some reason it just kept spinning if I tried to turn it off so here is what solved it.

SOLUTION:
    1.- Enter BlackBerry ID username and password (after wipe or new OS Install)
    2.- Go to BlackBerry Protect on the settings and swipe to OFF (it may keep spinning but that's ok)
    3.- Put the phone on airplane mode. (check that protect is now off)
    4.- Reboot
    5.- Take phone off airplane mode and let it connect to networks and that is ALL!!
    You will get the BlackBerry Protect message in the hub.

That is all!! No need to login and erase old or all devices in the BB Protect website, no need to fiddle with Link or Blend reinstalls on PC, believe me I tried all the recommended solutions in this forum and others, spent time with Verizon tech support and BlackBerry, opened up the manifest.xml from the backup file to make sure the BBid was in fact the same one being used and in the end I got them to ship me a new Z30 but I guess I will return that one as it had already been shipped. Thank you all for all your relentless input.
    BigBadWulf and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    11-20-14 08:04 AM
    Great to hear we've Nailed this. Can we get it made into a sticky or posted in the os helping you & tips forum? Mod?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:23 AM
    Possibly, but I have a feeling this issue will fade into obscurity. If it still has traction in a week, I'll make sure of it!
    11-20-14 10:29 AM
    Turned this into a q&a ... and marked accordingly! Good job everyone.
    11-20-14 11:07 AM
    SOLVED !!

I unboxed my new Z30 and when I tried to restore from backup or do a device swap from my Z10 I hit a wall which sent me into quite an odyssey. I tried everything under the stars the night before last for 10 hours to no avail. I came back yesterday evening to read about a couple of new things that were posted during the day and I was up and running in 3 minutes! The problem has nothing to do with Link nor any Blend bundle or PC side. Luckily I have a lab full of PCs in which I could do clean installs. I also could not see the BlackBerry ID in Sachesi as that field was blank even though BBM and BBW were working normally. The problem lies server side on BlackBerry Protect. For some reason it just kept spinning if I tried to turn it off so here is what solved it.

SOLUTION:
    1.- Enter BlackBerry ID username and password (after wipe or new OS Install)
    2.- Go to BlackBerry Protect on the settings and swipe to OFF (it may keep spinning but that's ok)
    3.- Put the phone on airplane mode. (check that protect is now off)
    4.- Reboot
    5.- Take phone off airplane mode and let it connect to networks and that is ALL!!
    You will get the BlackBerry Protect message in the hub.

That is all!! No need to login and erase old or all devices in the BB Protect website, no need to fiddle with Link or Blend reinstalls on PC, believe me I tried all the recommended solutions in this forum and others, spent time with Verizon tech support and BlackBerry, opened up the manifest.xml from the backup file to make sure the BBid was in fact the same one being used and in the end I got them to ship me a new Z30 but I guess I will return that one as it had already been shipped. Thank you all for all your relentless input.
    I had hopes but sadly this didn't work for me.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    11-20-14 01:18 PM
    Don't give up. It took over an hour after doing these steps before I saw new phone spear on the BlackBerry Protect website. You should be good if you see the confirmation notification in the phone BlackBerry Protect settings....means it has worked but Web serve may take long time and you cannot do the restore back etc until the server is updated.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:59 PM
    Don't give up. It took over an hour after doing these steps before I saw new phone spear on the BlackBerry Protect website. You should be good if you see the confirmation notification in the phone BlackBerry Protect settings....means it has worked but Web serve may take long time and you cannot do the restore back etc until the server is updated.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link from the other thread. My issue was easier to resolve, but, it still apparently was a Blackberry Protect problem. I hadn't backed up my Z-10 for a couple months and I was surprised when the phone was not seen by the computer (Windows 7) or BBL. After reading this thread I found that the only thing that I needed to do was turn off the Blackberry Protect on the phone, reboot the phone and then, success! Did the backup, turned on Blackberry Protect when finished, and all done.
    01-02-15 05:10 PM
34 12